Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Astrologers and Tarot Readers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering what you all think of Tarot Readers, Astrologers etc. Do you think it is totally flakey, fraudulent, a bit of fun or that there is actually something in it all? Do you ever go to them and if so how do you feel about paying for readings? I ask because I have been studying and using astrology and tarot for about 20 years now as a hobby. I used to just read and do charts for myself, friends and family but word spread and now I am getting quite a few enquiries about readings from people I don't know and even offers of payment.

I have sold a few readings on ebay (the money went to charity) and they went well but I still hold back from going pro!

I'm currently a post grad student and trying to get my art career off the ground so a flexible source of income would be great. On the other hand I don't think I am psychic, I am intuitive though. When I do a reading for someone I do pick things up and get kind of carried along by my gut feeling guided by their chart and by the tarot cards, but is that enough, would you expect more than that or is a thoughful, detailed reading beneficial too?

I'd love your thoughts on this if you have a view!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have used psychics for years, mainly through referrals from friends who liked them. Not so much astrologers because I know a bit about it and also read the forums (Bob Marks and Cafe Astrology). For really important events I will spend the money for a good pro astrologer.

You should do cheap readings at charity events or psychic fairs to practice and to build your clientele. The more you read the better you will get and the more you can charge. Good luck!

I want to add that people should avoid anyone who advertises or has a sign in a window saying "Mrs. So and So" or "Mrs. So and So from India or Israel." Those are generally gypsies and to be avoided at all costs. Black energy. Psychics who offer classes and seminars are generally legit. Avoid psychic hot lines. Total rip off.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your response!

Good Idea about doing charity readings it would be a good way to build my confidence and see if I have what it takes.

I have wondered about doing classes. I am currently studying art therapy which based to a large extent on Jungian psychology which relates to the Tarot and Astrology so maybe I could conbine them at some point in the future.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pandora77,
What is the difference between a psychic and an intuitive?? This stuff has always interested me but I've never pursued it in any form or fashion.

Also, out of curiosity, what would one expect from a "reading?" Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Pandora77,
What is the difference between a psychic and an intuitive?? This stuff has always interested me but I've never pursued it in any form or fashion.

Also, out of curiosity, what would one expect from a "reading?" Thanks!

I guess the difference between psychic and intuative is subjective to an extent. For me Psychic would mean a person who can spontaneously see the future.

Inutitve is less specific than that, I feel I pick up vibes and have a gut instinct about things which often turns out to be right but then many peole do I have just trained my intuition to work with tarot cards and astrology readings.

As in what to expect well with every reader it can be different. Normally they would last between 20 - 40 minutes and consist of the reader asking you your full name, date of birth and if you have any specific questions. The reader may use numerology, palmistry or astrology but most will use tarot cards at some point.

The cards and laid out and the reader interprets them, the sitter will normally ask more questions.

Some if they are mediums will ask you if you want them to talk to spirt for you but it's fine to refuse if you're not comfortable with that.

Some readers will give you a recording of the reading to take away with you.

To be honest I don't really believe in a fixed future only in the kind of energy that surrounds you and that using tarot or astrology can help you know yourself a little better, also it's great fun!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Pandora77! I always thought it would be great fun to sit for a reading, but I would have no idea how to know if someone was legit or not.

I think you should enjoy your talent and make a few dollars too if the opportunity presents itself! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I love luckymojo.com and Miss Cat! No one else I trust for a tarot reading. Check out their forum and her workshops.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:48 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Thanks, Pandora77! I always thought it would be great fun to sit for a reading, but I would have no idea how to know if someone was legit or not.

I think you should enjoy your talent and make a few dollars too if the opportunity presents itself! Smile

Thanks!

Best thing to do is to get a recommendation off a friend. If someone is really good word spreads fast!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:50 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I love luckymojo.com and Miss Cat! No one else I trust for a tarot reading. Check out their forum and her workshops.

Cool website thanks!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Another cool website http://mediumcheri.com/ Click on Free Card Reading. Scarily accurate!

I've gone to Cheri for many years, as have friends, co-workers and relatives. She seems to specialize in business advice and will read over the phone. She occasionally teaches classes in her home as well.

She said that only about 20% of our lives is Fate, so we have free will to change events. I also respect her for not being afraid to post her predictions and be wrong. She (and other psychics) say that in the spirit world there is no time so no one, except possibly an astrologer, can always accurately predict when an event will happen. If someone tells you they are 100% accurate, head out the door!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Another cool website http://mediumcheri.com/ Click on Free Card Reading. Scarily accurate!

I've gone to Cheri for many years, as have friends, co-workers and relatives. She seems to specialize in business advice and will read over the phone. She occasionally teaches classes in her home as well.

She said that only about 20% of our lives is Fate, so we have free will to change events. I also respect her for not being afraid to post her predictions and be wrong. She (and other psychics) say that in the spirit world there is no time so no one, except possibly an astrologer, can always accurately predict when an event will happen. If someone tells you they are 100% accurate, head out the door!

Okay, so I did the "free reading" and it was scarily accurate as to what is going on in my life right now: new business (albeit a non-profit) I got the turtle card, taking a chance card, and the brown earth card.

On the "Love" section, it again was pretty on target but also a little scary: the car accident card and the ambulance as well as the "grey" depression card. Not sure what to think??

I know it's for "entertainment" purposes, but it also caused a bit of concern for me. Any thoughts???

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

Okay, so I did the "free reading" and it was scarily accurate as to what is going on in my life right now: new business (albeit a non-profit) I got the turtle card, taking a chance card, and the brown earth card.

On the "Love" section, it again was pretty on target but also a little scary: the car accident card and the ambulance as well as the "grey" depression card. Not sure what to think??

I know it's for "entertainment" purposes, but it also caused a bit of concern for me. Any thoughts???

I am not familiar with that deck but an automated reading while fun isn't as good as getting a reading from a human being who can give any negative influances a bit of context and even some advice on how to avoid stormy weather!

Please don't let it upset you Smile
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Pandora, have you considered working parties? We hired a reader as entertainment at our engagement party. We had met her at a previous party. This was sixteen years ago & she charged $100 per hour, stayed off in a corner & anyone who wanted a reading threw down some little plastic bones & she went from there. We called her the bone lady, was a huge hit which resulted in additional bookings for her.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Pandora, have you considered working parties? We hired a reader as entertainment at our engagement party. We had met her at a previous party. This was sixteen years ago & she charged $100 per hour, stayed off in a corner & anyone who wanted a reading threw down some little plastic bones & she went from there. We called her the bone lady, was a huge hit which resulted in additional bookings for her.

Lol the bone lady! That's a great idea though I'll certainly look into it!
azwildcats7
5% products discount

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe there is some truth behind it, but I'm not sure I am a believer.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

Sometimes it's good to be warned so you can prevent something or at least be prepared for it.

Once I did a card reading (I have the deck on which the website cards are based) and there were scales of justice and other related cards so I thought I might be arrested. It turned out I was called for jury duty!

Yes, the cards can be very accurate.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

I've used Cheri a few times and didn't find her helpful at all. I know she is highly recommended and I was quite surprised that nothing even close to what she said has come true, not 1 thing. Its been over a year since my last reading with her.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Pandora - you should set up a web site (if you can work from a distance). I bet you get a good amount of business.
joti
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:14 am      Reply with quote
what is your level of accuracy?

all the pyschic's i've ever been to have not been that great

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:09 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
kims wrote:

Sometimes it's good to be warned so you can prevent something or at least be prepared for it.

Once I did a card reading (I have the deck on which the website cards are based) and there were scales of justice and other related cards so I thought I might be arrested. It turned out I was called for jury duty!

Yes, the cards can be very accurate.

Thanks, Softskin! I'm still wondering as to what to think! Confused

ETA: Could any of these cards represent things that have already happened in the recent past?? Ex. Car accident and ambulance card: My daughter had an accident in May and was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

Could any of these cards represent things that have already happened in the recent past?? Ex. Car accident and ambulance card: My daughter had an accident in May and was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

There are different types of readings based on the positions of the cards, most of which include past-present-future. It's possible that's what the cards saw.

As for the person who saw Cheri or any other psychic and who thought psychics were not accurate -- only about 20% of life is Fate. You control the direction of your life for the most part. A reading is to give you guideposts. Also, sometimes a year is not enough time. A couple of things she predicted didn't happen until two years after the reading. There is no Time or Space in Spirit so timing is usually difficult to determine. Cheri will sometimes say "I see the letter J which could mean January, June or July. The number 5 could mean five days, weeks or months" and that's about as specific as she can get. For people she often comes up with the first letter or two of the person's name.

She can only tell you what she sees and it's up to you to interpret it. I strongly suggest people write down everything from their reading and refer to it every few months making notes as to what came true or not. That is how I found Cheri. Compared to other psychics she was more accurate. No one is 100% and run a mile from someone who claims to be.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:32 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Pandora - you should set up a web site (if you can work from a distance). I bet you get a good amount of business.

I have thought about that. I have done readings at a distance before so it is something I will certainly think about!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:47 am      Reply with quote
joti wrote:
what is your level of accuracy?

all the pyschic's i've ever been to have not been that great

Joti, I really don't claim to be psychic in that I can't contact the dead nor do I claim to get visions. For me it is more intuitive, it is as though certain possibilities and narravitves suggest themselves to me when I read for someone. I don't always get it right but people do reccomend me to others and come back for more readings.

As another poster said very little in our lives is predetermined. I feel as souls we choose our path or lessons to be learned in this life and we will encounter situations and people that will allow us to do our souls work but how this is achieved is up to us. That is why I think to have an awareness through some kind of "inner work" is useful as it allowes us a clearer perception of the things we need to do in this life which in my experiance leads to greater fulfilment.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:52 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
kims wrote:

Could any of these cards represent things that have already happened in the recent past?? Ex. Car accident and ambulance card: My daughter had an accident in May and was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

There are different types of readings based on the positions of the cards, most of which include past-present-future. It's possible that's what the cards saw.

As for the person who saw Cheri or any other psychic and who thought psychics were not accurate -- only about 20% of life is Fate. You control the direction of your life for the most part. A reading is to give you guideposts. Also, sometimes a year is not enough time. A couple of things she predicted didn't happen until two years after the reading. There is no Time or Space in Spirit so timing is usually difficult to determine. Cheri will sometimes say "I see the letter J which could mean January, June or July. The number 5 could mean five days, weeks or months" and that's about as specific as she can get. For people she often comes up with the first letter or two of the person's name.

She can only tell you what she sees and it's up to you to interpret it. I strongly suggest people write down everything from their reading and refer to it every few months making notes as to what came true or not. That is how I found Cheri. Compared to other psychics she was more accurate. No one is 100% and run a mile from someone who claims to be.

I agree with SoftSkin on this timing can be kind of mixed up in readings as they often pick up on the energy around you, even from the past if it is still with you.

A really interesting way of learning about about this and testing it yourself is to buy a deck of tarot cards, a notebook and to do readings for yourself and write down what comes up. Doing this will give you a much better insight into the way the cards work.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 am      Reply with quote
^ I agree with Softskin's thoughts on all these as well.

I LOVE this thread! I usually don't like threads like this on this board because so many are so quick to dismiss what isn't "scientifically proven" yet. I'm glad they've stayed away from this one!

My mom was into astrology, and studied it to a certain extent... my chart SCREAMED music and I had an obvious affinity so that translated to lessons from a young age. I've had various friends who've studied it through the years, and have had my 'scope done, and visited palmists on occasion (long ago). If I had the funds I'd probably have gone to a lot more! I'm kind of glad I didn't since I might have been quite caught up.

In recent years I've just been checking monthly online forecasts, sometimes in desperate hope that they'll say good things! If they don't though, I ignore and stop reading them, since luckily I don't find that interesting or helpful. I love how sometimes its bang on, usually with small, insignificant, but very specific, things. Lately life has taken over and I've had less interest in them, thankfully.

I'm a virgo with a double taurus rising & had a friend who was a taurus and we used to get together for long walks every few weeks,and it was AMAZING how similar our adventures and learning experience in our personal & business lives were and how they sometimes mirrored what our general monthly horroscopes talked about. ASTOUNDING!

I'm not sure whether tarot cards per se would work for me, as I've always been a little apprehensive, for some reason. However I would believe the intuitive... its my own problem with the cards which might be disruptive. I may be over it though.

I appreciate the honesty with which you discuss your abilities, pandora77, and the art therapy/Jungian twist is intriguing as well! I'm sure that all that should fair you well in getting cooler clients. I'm really intrigued and would gladly go to you for whatever you could offer - detailed or not. My advice would be to just relax, casually get the word out and see what comes your way. I'd be more inclined to go to someone who's chill this way, than to someone who runs a tight-ship kind of business.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |