Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dark Circles caused by thin skin-- is there any hope?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 am      Reply with quote
B12 is absorbed orally, as well as sublingually and via injections. That would be like saying B12 isn't absorbed from the food you eat because it's not sublingual, ya know? It's better absorbed sublingually and with injections but it's still absorbed regardless. Unless you have certain health problems like celiac disease etc. where you can't absorb nutrients.

My Mom had to get B12 shots too. I take a B50 complex. fitgineer, I would definitely get tested first just to be on the safe side.

Regarding dark under-eye circles, I realize I'm going to sound like a broken record but what works for me is olay regenerist serum. Totally gets rid of my dark circles. I don't know how but they slowly start to disappear over a few days once I start using the serum. If I stop using it they return. I don't know if it's a synergistic effect of the niacinimide and peptides or what, but it works. (Niacinimide alone doesn't get rid of my dark circles!) If I use it, my dark circles are a non-issue. I love it for dark circles!!! And I've got allergies like you wouldn't believe and I'm on antihistamines etc. and the serum gets rid of them Smile I'm really surprised more people don't know about this. I use the fragrance-free one most often. The micro-sculpting one and the one with fragrance both work for dark circles too. I've tried them all lol. And it's easy to get and is affordable if you can find it on sale! Very Happy I don't know if it would work for everyone but it works fantastic on mine!
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 7:24 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
B12 is absorbed orally, as well as sublingually and via injections. That would be like saying B12 isn't absorbed from the food you eat because it's not sublingual, ya know? It's better absorbed sublingually and with injections but it's still absorbed regardless. Unless you have certain health problems like celiac disease etc. where you can't absorb nutrients.

My Mom had to get B12 shots too. I take a B50 complex. fitgineer, I would definitely get tested first just to be on the safe side.

Regarding dark under-eye circles, I realize I'm going to sound like a broken record but what works for me is olay regenerist serum. Totally gets rid of my dark circles. I don't know how but they slowly start to disappear over a few days once I start using the serum. If I stop using it they return. I don't know if it's a synergistic effect of the niacinimide and peptides or what, but it works. (Niacinimide alone doesn't get rid of my dark circles!) If I use it, my dark circles are a non-issue. I love it for dark circles!!! And I've got allergies like you wouldn't believe and I'm on antihistamines etc. and the serum gets rid of them Smile I'm really surprised more people don't know about this. I use the fragrance-free one most often. The micro-sculpting one and the one with fragrance both work for dark circles too. I've tried them all lol. And it's easy to get and is affordable if you can find it on sale! Very Happy I don't know if it would work for everyone but it works fantastic on mine!

Which one of the Olay Regenerist serums did you use exactly?... I found about 3 of them....
Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi fitgineer. I'm currently using the fragrance-free regenerating serum from the regenerist line.

Yes, there are three and I have them all. I'll describe them. The "Micro-Sculpting" one is the newest one. It differs from the other two. This one is less how you'd expect a serum to be, it's more sort of a lotion serum texture. It's peachy sort of colored with glowy sort of stuff in it to brighten your skin. And it has fragrance. It also has sodium hyaluronate where as the other two don't.

The two slightly cheaper Regenerating serums (Fragrance-free and the regular with fragrance) are more clear and serum-like in texture. More how you'd expect a serum to be. Both fragrance-free and the one with fragrance are identical.

They're all similar in ingredients except the Micro-Sculpting one has the sodium hyaluronate and sort of glowy/luminous looking.

I'm loving the Fragrance-free one right now because Fragrance isn't supposed to be good for your skin. And it's more like a serum. It feels very nourishing and soothing and of course is good for breakouts and such because of the 2-3% Niacinimide.

The key ingredients in all of them are niacinimide, the peptide, green tea extract, aloe, carnosine, allantoin, vitamin e, and panthenol.

The serum has a lifting effect for me, really helps diminish dark circles and is soothing/nourishing. I slather it on all over my face, around eyes, on lips, neck, chest and now breasts. I've been experimenting with doing this to see if it would be beneficial there and yes, it seems to be tightening/firming my breasts also. I then wipe the remainder on my forearms and hands. I really wish I could just bathe in this stuff!

All of them have the same effects for me so you could choose whichever out of three.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:00 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Hi fitgineer. I'm currently using the fragrance-free regenerating serum from the regenerist line.

Yes, there are three and I have them all. I'll describe them. The "Micro-Sculpting" one is the newest one. It differs from the other two. This one is less how you'd expect a serum to be, it's more sort of a lotion serum texture. It's peachy sort of colored with glowy sort of stuff in it to brighten your skin. And it has fragrance. It also has sodium hyaluronate where as the other two don't.

The two slightly cheaper Regenerating serums (Fragrance-free and the regular with fragrance) are more clear and serum-like in texture. More how you'd expect a serum to be. Both fragrance-free and the one with fragrance are identical.

They're all similar in ingredients except the Micro-Sculpting one has the sodium hyaluronate and sort of glowy/luminous looking.

I'm loving the Fragrance-free one right now because Fragrance isn't supposed to be good for your skin. And it's more like a serum. It feels very nourishing and soothing and of course is good for breakouts and such because of the 2-3% Niacinimide.

The key ingredients in all of them are niacinimide, the peptide, green tea extract, aloe, carnosine, allantoin, vitamin e, and panthenol.

The serum has a lifting effect for me, really helps diminish dark circles and is soothing/nourishing. I slather it on all over my face, around eyes, on lips, neck, chest and now breasts. I've been experimenting with doing this to see if it would be beneficial there and yes, it seems to be tightening/firming my breasts also. I then wipe the remainder on my forearms and hands. I really wish I could just bathe in this stuff!

All of them have the same effects for me so you could choose whichever out of three.

Is this the fragrance free one? It doesn't say it is, I think That's why I was confused...
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2084896&productId=fs867217&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=2olayregenerist&categoryId=cat940007

I thought you meant the Eye lifting serum, since you put it around the eyes:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2096511&productId=prod2096511&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=6olayregenerist&categoryId=cat90002

And the Microsculpting one I found:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2220193&productId=xlsImpprod2450045&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=38315offskincarewk5010&categoryId=cat940007

And a fragrance free Daily Regenerating Serum:
http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Regenerist-Regenerating-Fragrance-1-7-Fluid/dp/B0000CC64W

Sorry for so many questions!!!
Did you find that any of these helped with fine lines, too?
Were they safe to layer with the Olay ProX Deep Wrinkle Treatment?

TIA!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Is this the one EG,

I know you said you can't post links at the moment?

http://www.pgestore.com/women/facial-skin-care/olay-regenerist/olay-regenerist-advanced-anti-aging-micro-sculpting-serum/075609037696,default,pd.html?start=23&cgid=olay-regenerist

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:28 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
egyptiangoddess wrote:

Is this the fragrance free one? It doesn't say it is, I think That's why I was confused...
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2084896&productId=fs867217&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=2olayregenerist&categoryId=cat940007

I thought you meant the Eye lifting serum, since you put it around the eyes:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2096511&productId=prod2096511&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=6olayregenerist&categoryId=cat90002

And the Microsculpting one I found:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2220193&productId=xlsImpprod2450045&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=38315offskincarewk5010&categoryId=cat940007

And a fragrance free Daily Regenerating Serum:
http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Regenerist-Regenerating-Fragrance-1-7-Fluid/dp/B0000CC64W

Sorry for so many questions!!!
Did you find that any of these helped with fine lines, too?
Were they safe to layer with the Olay ProX Deep Wrinkle Treatment?

TIA!!!

I don't mind questions fitgineer, I love to help! Smile

The first link, yes that's the serum, but that's the one with fragrance. The one without fragrance says fragrance-free on the bottle/package. Which I think was your fourth link. You DON'T need the separate eye serum. You can use any of the other ones all around your eyes as well as everywhere else.

Yes, definitely helps fine lines. I feel like the serum wipes five years off my face (but if it doesn't for anyone else then sorry!) but honestly that's how I feel.

With the pro-x treatment, you want to apply that to clean bare (dry) skin after washing. (And wait 20 minutes before applying anything else on top if you want to apply anything else.) But you should only start with once a week with that stuff, and you can use the serum the rest of the time or in the mornings as well. (You can apply it under your sunscreen if you wanted to.)
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
The link didn't load for me DM, thanks though!

So you just have to decide which one you'd want the most out of the three fitgineer. Or you could just cut the regular one with frag and then decide between the fragrance-free or micro-sculpting. Sodium hyaluronate has a plumping effect but can be a tiny bit drying. And the micro-sculpting one is glowy/luminous looking. And the frag-free is more clear and serumy. Which would you prefer do you think?
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:

So you just have to decide which one you'd want the most out of the three fitgineer. Or you could just cut the regular one with frag and then decide between the fragrance-free or micro-sculpting. Sodium hyaluronate has a plumping effect but can be a tiny bit drying. And the micro-sculpting one is glowy/luminous looking. And the frag-free is more clear and serumy. Which would you prefer do you think?

Well, I want the one that has a higher chance of working for dark eye circles Smile
So if you say that the last link I posted is the one that worked for you, I might try that.
i guess I have to compare the ingredients first. I don't want to get the microsculpting one and not get any lightening with it, even though it probably has more benefits than the daily regenerating fragrance free serum... Oh, decisions, decisions! Think

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Well, I want the one that has a higher chance of working for dark eye circles Smile
So if you say that the last link I posted is the one that worked for you, I might try that.
i guess I have to compare the ingredients first. I don't want to get the microsculpting one and not get any lightening with it, even though it probably has more benefits than the daily regenerating fragrance free serum... Oh, decisions, decisions! Think

They both had the same effect on my dark circles. I think the only difference between the two is the sodium hyaluronate having a lil bit more of a plumping effect. And the luminous stuff in it. Yes compare the ingredients. It just depends on if you want a more simple non-glowy finish serum without frag, or if you want the cosmetic effect of the glowy and don't mind frag. It was really hard for me to decide too lol. I ended up with all of them lmao. I mean, do you mind fragrance and that slightly sparkly glowy stuff or no? Do you mind wearing that to bed?

You could also read reviews to help you decide.
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 am      Reply with quote
If it makes a difference to you, Paula Begoun in her book says fragrance is bad for our skin and that we shouldn't use products with fragrance.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:

LOL. That is so strange it took me directly to the product EG, I even checked by previewing my post before submitting it! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
DM, I just tried again and no luck. I think it's because I'm on my 3DS. Bahahaha! I can go online on my 3DS Very Happy Laughing But some pages don't load sometimes and that one isn't!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 10:17 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
DM, I just tried again and no luck. I think it's because I'm on my 3DS. Bahahaha! I can go online on my 3DS Very Happy Laughing But some pages don't load sometimes and that one isn't!

LOL. I hear you I was on my iPhone here for ages and if I posted links they had the "phone" in the link addy, did not work from peoples pc's or macs! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 10:30 am      Reply with quote
LOL! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
LOL! Laughing

LOL. Technology at it's finest! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 1:46 am      Reply with quote
The days we live in now eh DM? Rampant with technology. No wonder we're all walking around with dark circles and such. We all spend too much time on EDS in front of screens at all hours! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
The days we live in now eh DM? Rampant with technology. No wonder we're all walking around with dark circles and such. We all spend too much time on EDS in front of screens at all hours! Laughing

OMG. When I was caring for my father and a good while after I was here on my iPhone all the time! I am amazed I have any vision left after that! Now I am spoiled by my big screen on my laptops! Laughing

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:35 am      Reply with quote
1st time post, registered here since this seems to be one of the most highly active "dark circles" thread on the net !

Anyhow I have been reading and researching for almost 6 months now and even I have yet to find a cure.

Seems most people suggest it is down to these 5 things:

1) Nasal congestion

2) Allergies

3) Thin skin

4) Heredity

5) Poor circulation

Course there are many other things like lack of sleep, allergic to foods and hay fever and sinus blockage, kidney and liver issues. etc

I must have used several vitamin C/D creams and different eye/dark circle creams and the eye roller with caffeine boost, none of these work, tried cold/hot presses with a gel eye mask.... nothing worked.

I have been doing a few eye exercises here and there but only been doing for past month but no real difference sadly.

Some people I have spoken to and heard on the net seem to have just admitted defeat and accepted they just have thin skin under the eyes or have poor bone structure and deep eye sockets so there is nothing that can be done, I have both so it maybe the case.

I think though just like the top 5 Issues I mentioned I may have most of them, I get bad hayfever and have always had a blocked nose since a kid and I maybe allergic to some foods but I have never had an allergy test perhaps cos I will find out I am allergic to milk and pasta or chocolate !

I did hear from one guy who said he started to sleep on his back rather then his side fixed it for him also, as he said the blood was pooling onto one side.

I also heard watching too much tv and using the computer screen for more then a few hours a day can strain your eyes and give bad circles !
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess, sorry if you posted this already and I may have missed it. Is the cause of your dark circles only from allergies or is it hereditary? My husband's are hereditary and he uses another expensive eye cream from skinCeuticals that works pretty well at lightening them, but it would be nice to try one that worked just as well, or maybe better, at 1/3 of the price he's paying for the cream he now uses. Do you know if it would work on dark circles caused from hereditary?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
egyptiangoddess, sorry if you posted this already and I may have missed it. Is the cause of your dark circles only from allergies or is it hereditary? My husband's are hereditary and he uses another expensive eye cream from skinCeuticals that works pretty well at lightening them, but it would be nice to try one that worked just as well, or maybe better, at 1/3 of the price he's paying for the cream he now uses. Do you know if it would work on dark circles caused from hereditary?

sandooch, I guess my dark circles are both? I just have dark circles in general, not just when I have allergies and such. I don't see why it wouldn't work for your husbands. If you can find the serum on sale/for cheap, I'm sure it's worth a shot! I don't know how it works but it does! They slowly fade over a few days use. It's fantastic stuff. Smile
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
We'll give it a shot. I just put it on my Amazon wish list. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:40 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome sandooch! Good luck! Very Happy I just wanted to say also that it wasn't the olay eye serum version I was talking about, it was just the regular facial one that I use. More bang for your buck that way! Smile
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
You're welcome sandooch! Good luck! Very Happy I just wanted to say also that it wasn't the olay eye serum version I was talking about, it was just the regular facial one that I use. More bang for your buck that way! Smile

EG, can you post a link to the serum you recommend for dark circles? I lost it and got confused again. Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:41 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer,

I used the "Fragrance-free Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum" and the "Olay Micro-Sculpting Serum". Both work for dark circles. The latter is perfumey/sparklyish.

Fragrance-Free Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum:

http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/anti-aging-products/fragrance-free-regenerating-serum?pid=075609010187

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum:

http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/anti-aging-products/micro-sculpting-serum?pid=075609037696
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer, I forgot to edit my post to add that they contain carnosine. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 05, 2024 9:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |