Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
A great cheap hair spray
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
If I discover something and post about it here it is usually good but never inexpensive Laughing But today I discovered a great hair spray that is way less expensive than the shaper plus I have been buying. It is called Vitae by Lamaur. It really makes the hair shine and you can even get it in the unscented version. I bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Unscented-hairspray/SBS-283077,default,pd.html?green=14487778661
It cost around $5.00.
I have a lot of fine hair and it is straight.This spray works very well for me and combs out only leaving the hair nice and shiny. It is about time I found something that works well and is inexpensive!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds awesome Toby, Sally's is a little goldmine for less expensive treasures many times! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, that's the one I use as well. Never sticky and no scent. Love it and Sally's too.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
bordnfl2 wrote:
Toby, that's the one I use as well. Never sticky and no scent. Love it and Sally's too.

How long have you been using it and what type of hair do you have?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
bordnfl2 wrote:

How long have you been using it and what type of hair do you have?

I've been using it about 9 months with no issues. I have extremely thick, curly hair that I blow out most of the time. Over the course of the last 9 months I've gone from short to medium length. I also take Biotin for my nails and hair. I get tons of complements on the shine, volume and body of my hair. The spray never dulls my hair and after blowing out, helps lock out humidity. It has never damaged my hair.

As a note, I also use lots of Ion brand products on my hair that I find at Sally's. That small store is a wealth of amazing secrets. I have a Sally's card so I get many discounts as well. The women that manage the stores where I live have a wealth of knowledge that they share to help me make great choices.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to try and visit Sally's when I go to the US sometime.
We don't have that many cheap stores in Canada thesedays.
havana8

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

I think there are some Sally's in Canada, too, according to the directory listing on their website: http://stores.sallybeauty.com/default.aspx
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

I think there are some Sally's in Canada, too, according to the directory listing on their website: http://stores.sallybeauty.com/default.aspx

Nope, it does not find any!
havana8

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
havana8 wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

Nope, it does not find any!

I just tried some random postal codes for BC, AB and ON and it found multiple stores for all three. Not sure what we are doing differently... Smile
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

I just tried some random postal codes for BC, AB and ON and it found multiple stores for all three. Not sure what we are doing differently... Smile

Oops! I live in Toronto, and naively believed that we do not have any Sally Beauty stores, but we have at least 13 in the area! Shock I must be driving with my eyes closed...

Thanks, havana8 ! I didn't include the postal code the first time I tried that.
havana8

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:47 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Oops! I live in Toronto, and naively believed that we do not have any Sally Beauty stores, but we have at least 13 in the area! Shock I must be driving with my eyes closed...

Thanks, havana8 ! I didn't include the postal code the first time I tried that.

I too must have been driving with my eyes closed Laughing as I also had no idea there are Sally's in Canada, let alone my area!

Shaper Plus is a great hairspray so I was excited to read that you found this to be a suitable replacement, Toby. And for $5!! Shock Crossing my fingers that my Sally's has it....
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
And just yesterday while styling I went to finish my hair off with a little spray and upon finishing it up, it just totally flattened out. Tried to fix it and spray again when I realized that instead of the hair spray, I had used an aerosol glass cleaner in my hair. There is nothing similar in the color of the containers. Sometimes I am such a ditz.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2 wrote:
And just yesterday while styling I went to finish my hair off with a little spray and upon finishing it up, it just totally flattened out. Tried to fix it and spray again when I realized that instead of the hair spray, I had used an aerosol glass cleaner in my hair. There is nothing similar in the color of the containers. Sometimes I am such a ditz.

You are in good company....it happens to the best of us! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
We've got a couple Sally stores in Ottawa now as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I sometimes look online to see what they are offering and read reviews from other customers. The Sally's Card they offer saves me a lot of money and they send me great offers by mail and email.

Their generic brands are also very good. I love their generic "Skinny Serum" which is formulated to be like Paul Mitchell's. It only takes about a dime size amount for my hair and it really help me blow out my hair and have it look all shiny but not oily. The cost is low as well.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Aussie and Dove have both been great for my long think hair. I use to use Rave and it does pretty well....I just didn't like the smell, so I switched to the above Wink

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Yes, hanks Toby for sharing. Actually I tried sally's hair spray before. It's better than Dove's I think. It makes my long hair looks shiny and soft.
Diane Fullam

Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding Vita/e hairspray, sold at Sally's. I bought it and am taking it back. It says "Non Parfume" on the front and lists Fragrance/Parfum in the ingredient list. I sprayed it on my hair and got a throbbing headache. Unfortunately, there are no laws regarding ingredients in cosmetics, though, this information is of utmost importance to those of us who are allergic. I can't afford to buy Clinique, at $12 plus $1.18 tax, in Tennessee. There are other expensive brands that ARE unscented, but I don't have a $50 a month hairspray budget. I have used Jhirmack for 25 years and finally, after it disappeared from stores (except for the purse size at Kroger), had to order from the Internet. Now, it has been discontinued. I may attempt to make my own from Aloe Vera, sugar and water, per a recipe that I found. There is a huge market for a company, with a heart, to make a fair priced unscented hairspray.
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
My co-worker swears by cheap hairspray she finds at the drugstore for giving her a rock-solid blowout. My Mom loves Alberto hairspray, the one in the navy blue canister.

Does the hairspray from Sallys ever flake? I hate that.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
while I don't doubt that these products work, but are they damaging to the hair?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby ... I love Sally's too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
while I don't doubt that these products work, but are they damaging to the hair?

I have never heard of hairspray being damaging to hair! What kind of damage have you experienced?
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:01 am      Reply with quote
No damage here and I use this hairspray daily. I have not had flaking either, but I use a light hand when applying. I get tons of compliments of my hair. I also swear by Sallys for so many of the items I use. It's an awesome place to shop in my area - A little gem of a store for sure.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 am      Reply with quote
cheap!its on sale right now online for 2.99! I wonder if its on sale in the stores for 2.99....
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it's on sale in the stores. I bought one today plus 3 packages of the hair conditioner they keep by the register that keep my hair in great shape.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |