Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
help cellulite is ruining my dating life does infrared help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mariek
5% products discount

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I have tried everything, water, exercisde, eating right, dry brushing, rebounding, massages, creams, spent 1,000 dollars on some massage rolling technique thing at a spa, everythign (a last resort). my unsightly bulges are crippling my dating confidence adn they seem to be getting worse. i'm over 40 and never married, now is the time. i found a ultrasound infrared massager on ebay for 40 bucks if this works I'd be willing to buy even though at present my budget is stretched, can anyone counsel me as to whether or not I should buy this. what do you think of using castor oil with my my handheld massager? what really works??? thanks!!!!!
Mariek
5% products discount

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I can't post the link because I'm a new member but if you go to ebay and type in

ULTRASOUND INFRARED TONING BODY PAIN SLIMMING MASSAGER

it will come up. it's only 40 dollars.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure you notice it much, much more than anyone else. By the time you know a guy well enough to let him get near parts that might have cellulite, he should already be crazy about you and not care about something like that. If he does, keep shopping. He's not a good catch. Good luck.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Try focusing on exercise and clean eating instead of gadgets that don't work. You may not be able to get rid of it completely but you will be able to reduce it.

I also agree with elvisshops, once a guy knows you well enough to see your cellulite areas, he wont be focusing on them.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing i personally saw working fast against cellulite was detox wraps. I've got to try one when my husband was experimenting with Slendertone few years ago. That was a really WOW result, although only temporary. But for about a month i had no "orange" on my thighs Smile

Today, when i want to spoil myself, i take used ground coffee from coffee machine, mix it with olive oil and use it as scrub before shower. I start from thighs and belly to let it absorb more coffee while i finish with the rest of my body. You can try the same mix of coffee and oil in wrap to increase the effect.

After shower massage your problem zones for as long as you can on daily basis. Look for "No Lipo Lipo" advertisement on youtube. It should be this kind of massage.

Incorporating green smoothies into your diet will help a lot!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried hot yoga? Try to find a yoga studio that uses infrared panels (apparently, the infrared goes deeper into the skin -- I've been told about this... I do not know if this is real though -- and that helps your muscles with stretching and detoxing more) and maybe that could help with the cellulite.
I find yoga to be wonderful for me because I understand and listen to my body a lot more and I have grown to love my body more since practicing yoga. And similar to what others have said, I'm sure you notice your 'faults' more than anyone else and also if a guy gets to see your worried areas, he most likely would not be focusing on them.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Only a man whose relationships consist of blowup dolls and ------------ think women don't have cellulite. Most women have it and any experienced man knows this.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Nope. This did less than nothing for me. It was hot and expensive. And men don't care... I've had bad cellulite my whole life. I'm the only one that cares.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:
I'm sure you notice it much, much more than anyone else. By the time you know a guy well enough to let him get near parts that might have cellulite, he should already be crazy about you and not care about something like that. If he does, keep shopping. He's not a good catch. Good luck.

Lol, really?
Maybe I should rethink my being so "easy",lol...

I'm just kidding with that.
But really I think most guys you meet they don't really look at cellulite that much.

I happen to have some stretch marks, a really badly bruised leg at the moment (a 80lb bike fell on my leg a few days ago...).
And no guys have really said anything about that.

I think most single guys would be happy to just have a date or something.

I think most guys would be more thinking of what you think of their appearance rather than your cellulite.

Also, people get married at any age thesesdays.
My mom just got remarried at 53 and she was single for 20 years before that and more concerned with work and travelling.

So,I don't think there is a limit on when you can get married.
I guess it is nice to meet someone you spend many years with....

Well,I don't have any good tips on meeting guys.
Maybe to hide the cellulite use some bronzer on the legs?
or maybe wear a "fascinator" like the British people..you know one of those "crazy" hats with the feathers on them...those dressy hats.
Then again some guy might think you are crazy for wearing a strange hat Wink
Liz333

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mariek,

I had started a thread regarding cellulite and lecithin. I also found info on Gotu Kola and Glucosamine.
Scroll down a few and you find it. I can't post the link since I am new and it's disabled at this time Smile

I am starting to take all three:

2 tablespoons lecithin, 2x2 caps 450mg Gotu Kola and 1200mg Glucosamine.

I exercise and eat well and take regular supplements forever already anyhow.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Eliminate wheat and dairy; do a burpee tabata. Check out body rock tv.com for home workouts you can do.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I wish cellulite was the only thing I had to hide! Mine isn't that bad since I'm thin though I still won't wear a bikini. Yet between that and my severe KP all over my legs, scars, stretch marks on my hips, and paper thin skin that shows all my viens, I feel like a freak! I won't even talk about my feet. So there has been literally no way that I'll let anyone see me naked or wear shorts or anything other than long pants until I fix these things. I don't expect that I can get rid of them all yet at least reduce them as much as possible until they are hardly noticeable. It's not just guys, I don't want anyone to see, mainly cause of the KP. 

I dated a guy for 3 months recently and I just had to get out of the relationship. He was crazy about me, really crazy about me, said he was never more in love with someone and wanted to get married and kept asking me to move in with him. I liked him yet I would never sleep with him cause I didn't like my body / skin. Would he of been ok with my body, of course. The point is that I wasn't and that's all that counts. I want to be attracted to myself and feel confident and good about myself. Not react all weird and self conscious when he tries to touch my leg. Not be horrified everytime I look at my legs and the the dark red KP spots. Sure I might look good in clothes and get lots of compliments. Yet I always feel ugly.

I broke up with the guy for a lot of reasons, that was just one of them. I also wasn't that into him and he was not the best. I have to fix these things though! Desperately. And for myself!

34, dry thin skin with sun damage and pigmentation, dark circles, texture issues, a few fine lines, despised NLs, and lots of potential! Using 20% C serum, Osmosis Enlighten with vitamin A, Sunscreen, Lightstim, lots of supplements, green smoothies and juices, searching for the fountain of youth and looking into facial exercise and massage as well.
Mariek
5% products discount

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your replies and encouraging words! I did have a boyfriend for 10 years and he didn't care much about the cellulite but then again I never let him see my back side. The cellulite was a not as bad then. The problem now is that I do a lot of the things people mentioned here, such as eating really healthy, exercise every day, drink tons of water, and massage and dry brush but to no avail. If it was just mild to moderate, I wouldn't mind but it's really bad right now. And like you Byrg i have other flaws that discourage me from taking things to the next level with a man. I am totally flat chested but that's not really the issue. The real issue is that I had a breast implant botch job that in my 20's that left me slightly disfigured in the boob department. I have tried EVERYTHING outside of gettting implants again to correct it. Again,I guess if I was already married, I wouldn't care as much. I look decent in clothes, but knowing what lurks underneath I think keeps me from being as outgoing with guys. On a brighter note, I'm a pretty happy, confident person in other areas of my life. If i can just get the cellulite under control, that would be fantastic. i read on another site that someone swears by MSM in high doses as it acts as a detox as well as coconut oil. I'm going to try that and the lecithin and the juices that some of you recommended (thanks for the post Very Happy ) and focus more on the healthy habit side. I'm not a quitter so I know something will eventually work.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on a cellulite mission for 15 years now. I haven't found a single thing that's worked enough to continue with it. I have a cellulite here for my ongoing "journey".

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=42779&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Mariek wrote:
... The problem now is that I do a lot of the things people mentioned here, such as eating really healthy, exercise every day, drink tons of water, and massage and dry brush but to no avail.

For how long have you been doing all of these things?

1) With cellulite, you need to have patience. It took my 2 years of regular wight and cardio combination to notice a significant result (from very noticeable to very very slightly noticeable), plus all the supplements (healthy eating is not enough)

3) I noticed the following as a constant happening: When you are moving your fat out (loosing weight, getting detox), you get a bit more uneven skin for a first while, more visible cellulite, BECAUSE your skin is loosing its supporting tissue faster than it can regenerate into a tighter state. Then eventually, the skin tightens up and the result is shown. (the same effect by the way is observed after a liposuction).

So be patient, all those things really help, and infrared sauna too. Further, look into your hormonal balance, the key is really there, if you want to keep your good results in the future too.

Mariek wrote:
"Again,I guess if I was already married, I wouldn't care as much.

Maybe not my business, but I must say, that this is a mistake to think this way. If you want to attract a man with good looks, it is only fair to keep the same attitude while you have him in your life. It is fair to yourself, feeling all right will make you feel desirable and it is fair to him to have the same girl he married, at least see her making the efforts to be that girl for him.

Just as much as you would hate to fall in love with a man and his manners or looks or whatever attracts you in him, and then see him not care to have it anymore for you once you are married... Just my 5 cents on that...
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:
I wish cellulite was the only thing I had to hide! Mine isn't that bad since I'm thin though I still won't wear a bikini. Yet between that and my severe KP all over my legs, scars, stretch marks on my hips, and paper thin skin that shows all my viens, I feel like a freak! I won't even talk about my feet. So there has been literally no way that I'll let anyone see me naked or wear shorts or anything other than long pants until I fix these things. I don't expect that I can get rid of them all yet at least reduce them as much as possible until they are hardly noticeable. It's not just guys, I don't want anyone to see, mainly cause of the KP. 

I dated a guy for 3 months recently and I just had to get out of the relationship. He was crazy about me, really crazy about me, said he was never more in love with someone and wanted to get married and kept asking me to move in with him. I liked him yet I would never sleep with him cause I didn't like my body / skin. Would he of been ok with my body, of course. The point is that I wasn't and that's all that counts. I want to be attracted to myself and feel confident and good about myself. Not react all weird and self conscious when he tries to touch my leg. Not be horrified everytime I look at my legs and the the dark red KP spots. Sure I might look good in clothes and get lots of compliments. Yet I always feel ugly.

I broke up with the guy for a lot of reasons, that was just one of them. I also wasn't that into him and he was not the best. I have to fix these things though! Desperately. And for myself!

Oh, dear BYRG,

If I may share with you my honest opinion here and suggest you one thing that you might not have thought about. While you may have some imperfections you want to correct, you are WAY too harsh on yourself. I know this for sure, not even knowing you, you sound too familiar as I used to have this attitude (different reasons though) toward myself and it was ruining my life. However as I am a good observer, I noticed many women having more imperfections but having a healthy love for themselves, dealing with it without internal drama. I was wondering why it is not the same for my. I tried many things, self study brought my to the realization that it is certainly in my head. I was curious (and desperate) enough to try HYPNOTHERAPY, yes hypno-therapy, geared at self-esteem, confidence and self-image. It really, really helped!

It was even silly, while thinking if I should try it, I thought :"ok what if even if it works, and I will feel satisfied with myself, then I will not even notice how ugly I am and what needs to be corrected and I will live oblivious about it" Smile Smile Smile

Oh, my Gosh, it is sooo much better to live with a healthy positive attitude and confidence, and I know I am becoming even more beautiful thinking this way. People (man and women) see me this way now, or I feel like it and it make me re-discover my talents, my personality in a new way. So much fun now. Highly recommend...
Mariek
5% products discount

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with Wings, please don't give up, there's got to be a solutions out there for you. If total elimination is what you are going for, it may be hard to come by, but do-able. I'm just hoping for a reduction.

Thanks Estella, yes it's hard to stick it out when you don't see results, but you are so right. And last night (I can hardly believe this) but I think I may have had a break through. After my usual exercise, dry brush, shower, massage routine, I decided to put some Apple Cider Vinegar on my thighs which I do from time to time, I usually apply shea butter or weleda's cellulite oil but these seem to make the appearance look worse, so I applied this lotion that I bought for my face but never used called Complex 15 which incidentally also contains lecithin.

I didn't see a difference in the morning, but when I got home from work and looked in the mirror I couldn't believe my eyes, an actual reduction in dimpling. I haven't seen anything happen that quick. Even when I'm off my monthly (which is the only time it abates slightly) I've read about lecithin's internal effects on weight loss and even cellulite but not topical.

I can't say it was all the lotion, but it's possible that it at least helped the other things I'm doing. I will try the lotion tonight without my other routine steps to see if the lotion had anything to do with it.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
The things that have worked for me are:

(1) Very high raw fruit & vegetable diet (< 20% fat, at least half raw). This has been the most effective for me personally. I eat mostly raw these days and lots of green smoothies. Raw broccoli I find to be particularly effective against cellulite for me personally...not sure why.

(2) Vigorous massage for promoting circulation and improvements in the skin. I alternative cupping massage with the rubber glass brand of massage cups (negative pressure) and Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo (positive pressure).

(3) Exercise. I especially like T-tapp, the Tracy Anderson Method, and Eccentrics for the outer thigh area, as well as the standard yoga lunges. I also find that doing tons of cardio (like way more than normal levels) helps.

(4) Deep breathing while doing thigh exercises in #3.

(5) Cold water bathing according to the Fritz or derivative bath method.

Nothing else that I tried worked.

Changes for me happened over many months, not weeks. Patience is key.

HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Yay Mariek!! Nice to hear you feel positive about having some visible success now Smile

Very interesting info in this thread. I am going to start a supplement routine on Tuesday, when I will get all the things I ordered - lecithin, gotu kola and glucosamine. I will also start skin brushing again before my warm/cold shower.

I am excited, had no idea about lecithin, gotu kola and glucosamine!

Thanks for all the info. Let's report back hoe things improve. Smile
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
BYRG wrote:

Oh, dear BYRG,

If I may share with you my honest opinion here and suggest you one thing that you might not have thought about. While you may have some imperfections you want to correct, you are WAY too harsh on yourself. I know this for sure, not even knowing you, you sound too familiar as I used to have this attitude (different reasons though) toward myself and it was ruining my life. However as I am a good observer, I noticed many women having more imperfections but having a healthy love for themselves, dealing with it without internal drama. I was wondering why it is not the same for my. I tried many things, self study brought my to the realization that it is certainly in my head. I was curious (and desperate) enough to try HYPNOTHERAPY, yes hypno-therapy, geared at self-esteem, confidence and self-image. It really, really helped!

It was even silly, while thinking if I should try it, I thought :"ok what if even if it works, and I will feel satisfied with myself, then I will not even notice how ugly I am and what needs to be corrected and I will live oblivious about it" Smile Smile Smile

Oh, my Gosh, it is sooo much better to live with a healthy positive attitude and confidence, and I know I am becoming even more beautiful thinking this way. People (man and women) see me this way now, or I feel like it and it make me re-discover my talents, my personality in a new way. So much fun now. Highly recommend...

This might sound a bit "silly", but last night I went to a "burlesque social" at the dance school I go to and saw a lot of the girls doing their summer show and from taking one of the burlesque classes I can say there is a lot of "unconventional" looking girls in the groups.

Some of the girls were quite overweight- but very happy with their look...and did look really pretty too.

Some of the other girls were maybe "not so pretty" or well maybe a different look and still looked really nice.

So maybe try taking a burlesque dance class and you can learn all kinds of fun dances and also see that there are all kinds of people that try and improve their confidence with that...

Anyways, just a suggestion- not sure if it will be helpful or not.
You don't really have to take much clothing off in these classes, some of the girls they did a routine with clothes on and it still looked good!
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Good to hear you are finally getting some results. Dont dwell on regret about the the money spent at the salon just learn from it.

Keep a good diet set in place. Keep on keeping on with the current routine. Also try the following options as they may enhance your results:

Try spa style wraps that can be purchased online, it dosent take much skill to do and this allows you to do it at home with comparative results.
Lymphatic drainage is a huge part of wraps, so you'll be interested in anything that stimulates the lymph.
Keep on keeping on with your creams, no topical products give instant results.
You might want to look into dermarolling which will also help remodel the skin.

Besides a little bit of cellulite shouldn't matter that much and if he thinks it does he obviously isnt worth your time.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I have read good things about the Belle Body Buffer.

http://www.bellebodybuffer.com/bodybuffing/
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:32 am      Reply with quote
That looks like my hubby's car buffer. I might try that with an extra clean soft pad and see how it works!
I have a rebounder that I got for my birthday that has been a help. I am working up from 5 mins. to 15 a day so we will see.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
That looks like my hubby's car buffer. I might try that with an extra clean soft pad and see how it works!
I have a rebounder that I got for my birthday that has been a help. I am working up from 5 mins. to 15 a day so we will see.

what is even more fun is if you have the back yard try and get one of those big trampolines or "rebounder" as they are also called.

Then you can do a whole body workout just by bouncing.
you can even bounce on your back and do crunches in the air.
if you do not have space, there are always places that have adult gymnastic classes or trampoline clubs (i used to compete in trampoline for a few years...not when i was a kid but in my 20's Smile

Dance classes are also a good kind of exercise, esp stuff like ballet,hiphop, jazz classes.

I also heard that pole dancing classes are supposed to be good exercise, i bought a groupon to a local place, so guess I'll see about that Wink
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I have one that just folds right up and slides under the bed, perfect size. I am starting to use mine to walk on. Easy to do as hot as it is outside and I can alternate doing a "health" bounce in between, which is easy on the internals for me. After having a hysterectomy a while back I have to be careful not to bounce everything out!
I read about the benefits of the rebounder on cellulite, which is why I got it. It is supposed to stimulate the lymphs glands, help detox and reduce cellulite, even at just 5 minutes a day starting out.
Now I just have to find the time to hop into my dry infared suana and sweat the rest off. It is a time consuming routine, so at the very least I at drink my green veggie smoothie and do my workout, then hop on for a quick bounce.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |