Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
add volume on the apple of cheeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello,everyone.Do you have any suggestions about adding volume or gain fat on the apple of cheeks?I used to have the apple of cheeks.But since I did tanaka facial massage excessively,I have lost fat on the apple of cheeks.The apple of cheeks are hollow and sunken.And nasolabial folds appear.I used to think the nasolabial folds were caused by the sagging cheek.But rently I find out that they are caused by the sunken apple of cheeks.I gain fat on the face through eating a lot.But my apple of cheeks are still sunken and flat.I dont want to try filler ingection on them.Help,please!!!
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I do not know how old you are but as we age it is not good to lose to much weight you have to decide between your face and your butt. That being said I tried Flex Effect, Loulou etc facial exercises I not going to say they do not work but for me personally I hated doing them. I much prefer my Tua Viso which has helped in that area with continued use. I am not comparing one to the other just my personal experience.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I would recommend either a hands-on facial exercise program or an electronic muscle stimulation device for the cheeks. I like FlexEffect best, but others prefer other methods and/or devices, so I'd recommend experimenting Smile But the basic principle is that you want the muscle to be exercised so that it lifts and/or increases in fullness. HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm loving the Face Master in conjunction with the Tripollar STOP together both devices have given me very nicely sculpted cheek bones. The STOP really helped to tighten the area up and the Face Master helped to tone.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everybody.I google my problem and find that "FACERCISE" CHEEK DEVELOPER by Carole Maggio can exercise the muscle that forms the apple of cheek and enlarge the apple of cheek.It also can remove the hollowness under eyes.Does anyone have tried this exercise?Can it fill out the apple of cheek and tear through?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 am      Reply with quote
How old are you?

You know you say abuot eating more – just make sure it’s the right kind of foods for your body. The worst thing is eating in excess of the wrong kinds. Whatever you do decide to do its important to enjoy doing it. Jaclynaz is right that if you’re not enjoying it you’re very unlikely to keep it up and so that’s important to consider straight off.

Likewise I wouldn’t just focus on your cheeks either with any system. Many times we believe say our eyes are the issue, but its not the eyes but can be the forehead (for example). When the forehead sinks and sags down, it of course can create hooded lids etc and excess skin, and this is just an example. With the cheeks, there are many muscles that are responsible for the cheeks, and if nl’s etc are present then it can also be due to a few of the muscles.

Likewise though and I really want to emphasize this – you do NOT have to choose between your face and your butt. That’s such a common statement I hear all the time (thanks to the famous Catherine Deneuve) but nowadays thank goodness there are examples that you don’t and you can have the best of both worlds!

As to your second question, yes many on here do Facercise and there’s a thread I’ve seen you comment in already so I’m sure someone will post their experience for you there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi There,

I have mentioned the devices you could try but also wanted to point out that the correct use of makeup will help with emphasizing the cheeks. Brush a darker shade of bronzer underneath the cheeks, the jaw, just going on to the neck. Then get a shade of blush and apply all over the cheek bone beginning from the nose (this will also help conceal nasal folds if a dark shade is applied) then apply an illuminator.

I have also recently started using a bust enhancing cream (it's supposed to work by iuncreasing the amount of subcutaneous fat in the dermis) on my face which seems to be working. You should also look at using copper peptides which also increase the fat content of the skin... It's important to remember though that creams can only go so far, so focus mainly on the highlighting with makeup.

I am looking into getting cheek implants but the latter has helped somewhat.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Echoecho, what is the name of the cream you are using to increase fat content??
bob44
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I believe puffing up the cheeks full of air and moving this breath from cheek to cheek can be beneficial. It will definitely get the blood going to that area and you will definitely feel it in your cheeks. This exercise is suppose to help the buccinators. I started yesterday, I will let you know how my progress goes! Very Happy
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:52 am      Reply with quote
All of you are so sweet! Very Happy I am only 22.But I look older than my age.I think about my problem seriously.And I find that my problem is not only caused by doing tanaka massage excessively.There are many factors.I used to have bad living and diet habits for a long time.When I was sad,I ate a lot of food.My weight gained rapidly.Then I took measures to lose weight quickly.So my weight changes very often.Besides I often stayed up too late at night and slept badly.What's more,I used to think my face sagged,so I tried many anti aging skincare products.Perhaps they arent good for me. Sad Sorry to tell you my boring story.All what I did make me have tear through,sunken apple cheek and sagging face.Now I find that even I gain fat ,the face becomes larger but the apple of cheek dont fill out.It's still flat.My tear through is prominent still. Crying or Very sad I really dont know what to do.And I'm very sad every day. Sad Crying or Very sad
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:01 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Hi There,

I have mentioned the devices you could try but also wanted to point out that the correct use of makeup will help with emphasizing the cheeks. Brush a darker shade of bronzer underneath the cheeks, the jaw, just going on to the neck. Then get a shade of blush and apply all over the cheek bone beginning from the nose (this will also help conceal nasal folds if a dark shade is applied) then apply an illuminator.

I have also recently started using a bust enhancing cream (it's supposed to work by iuncreasing the amount of subcutaneous fat in the dermis) on my face which seems to be working. You should also look at using copper peptides which also increase the fat content of the skin... It's important to remember though that creams can only go so far, so focus mainly on the highlighting with makeup.

I am looking into getting cheek implants but the latter has helped somewhat.
echoecho,I purchased a bottle of bust enlargement lotion which contains volufiline.I tied it on my face for a couple of times. But i am worried that it contained estrogen or steroid hormones,so i stopped using it.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I completely understand your concern over this (my mum has cancer) as most bust enhancing lotions generally do contain estrogen activating ingredients (think soy for example) the best way to find out is probably to just post the ingredients on this forum, I'm sure one of us DIY girls will be able to tell you if it's safe (although recently I have gotten into OTC products, I'm just really really picky about them). Be careful not to apply it to the eye area as we naturally have fat pads there that we wouldn't want to worsen (think in terms of bags). I use one with volufiline, I'm quite liking it at the moment.

I do think these lipofilling products work to an extent but that in terms of noticeably increasing facial volume there are only three options Facial exercise (I don't do but believe they work), fillers (I have them in my lips, not to sure about cheeks), or implants (have surgery scheduled in three months). While anti-aging wrinkle creams have never lead me astray trying to increase facial volume is a totally different matter.

You could also look into Copper Peptides as it has been written a few times (cannot think of the exact links) that not only do they increase water retention of the skin but also help with increasing subcutaneous fat. I just ordered some Copper Peptides (Skin Biology) but have surgery scheduled in a few months time.

Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
I completely understand your concern over this (my mum has cancer) as most bust enhancing lotions generally do contain estrogen activating ingredients (think soy for example) the best way to find out is probably to just post the ingredients on this forum, I'm sure one of us DIY girls will be able to tell you if it's safe (although recently I have gotten into OTC products, I'm just really really picky about them). Be careful not to apply it to the eye area as we naturally have fat pads there that we wouldn't want to worsen (think in terms of bags). I use one with volufiline, I'm quite liking it at the moment.

I do think these lipofilling products work to an extent but that in terms of noticeably increasing facial volume there are only three options Facial exercise (I don't do but believe they work), fillers (I have them in my lips, not to sure about cheeks), or implants (have surgery scheduled in three months). While anti-aging wrinkle creams have never lead me astray trying to increase facial volume is a totally different matter.

You could also look into Copper Peptides as it has been written a few times (cannot think of the exact links) that not only do they increase water retention of the skin but also help with increasing subcutaneous fat. I just ordered some Copper Peptides (Skin Biology) but have surgery scheduled in a few months time.

Wish you good luck about the surgery.I have seen some girl in the EDS uesd AVOCADO OIL for tear throughs and have a good result.Also someone used fish oil to plump butt.I wonder if avocado oil and fish oil can increase substaneous fat on the face Rolling Eyes I have read some information about lipofilling-effect ingredients such as copper peptide and volufiline which Zenity talked about on the EDS.Maybe they help. Laughing
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I think facial exercises work well for the apples of the cheeks. I did them, but I didn't need bigger cheeks and they got too big! You could also get Sculptra. From the pictures I have seen, it gives beautiful results and looks a lot more natural than filler! You could also try Ageless Secret. I used that and it seemed to add facial fullness as well!
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
budderballer wrote:
I think facial exercises work well for the apples of the cheeks. I did them, but I didn't need bigger cheeks and they got too big! You could also get Sculptra. From the pictures I have seen, it gives beautiful results and looks a lot more natural than filler! You could also try Ageless Secret. I used that and it seemed to add facial fullness as well!

Thank you,budderballer Very Happy I want to try face exercise first.Which exercise do you do?I have just bought ageless if you dare recently.I have only tried a couple of times.I's too early to see the result.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Cesc&Helena -
I did tell you about this yesterday, but I think I must have posted it on the wrong thread!
So, go to page 30 of the Carole Maggio Facercise thread where I mention Eva Fraser's cheek exercise.
HTH
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Cesc&Helena -
I did tell you about this yesterday, but I think I must have posted it on the wrong thread!
So, go to page 30 of the Carole Maggio Facercise thread where I mention Eva Fraser's cheek exercise.
HTH

Thank you,Holmes. Smile I didn't find the information through googled it.But I found something on express.co.uk "Placing the pads of my index fingers below the “apple” of my cheeks she made me smile strongly in six distinct steps raising my top lip to show my teeth. Once I’d reached the top trajectory I had to “pulse” the muscle, pressing firmly with the pads of my fingers."Is this what you mentioned?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Believe me if you were doing facial exercises and got bigger cheeks its showing you how good your training was and there would have easily been ways of modifying your training to enable you to work them without them overbulking up for sure. I often hear people say they did a program and got a,b,c but rarely do they speak with people to get advice and I truly believe with any program out there - something can always be done to up the intensity or lessen it to enable a person to create whatever results they're hoping for.
budderballer wrote:

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Cesc&Helena -
Yes, that's the one! If you try it, let us know how you get on.
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Girls,how can I post my photo here? Rolling Eyes
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Finally I have posted my photos.My face looks so tired and old,right?I'm only 22 Sad Crying or Very sad
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
My dear girl, what are you talking about?
You look young and fresh and pretty. And you have a cute little nose and lovely lips!
Stop being so hard on yourself and enjoy your
good looks!
Cesc&Helena
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
My dear girl, what are you talking about?
You look young and fresh and pretty. And you have a cute little nose and lovely lips!
Stop being so hard on yourself and enjoy your
good looks!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |