Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to get that dewy look?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tbumstead
5% products discount

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Looking to get that "dewy look", I don't want shimmer/sparkles but that nice dewy glow. The best I have found is Tarantinos Tinted Pearl Primer. Any other suggestions? I used to use Smashbox primer but find it's too white on me

Thanks!
ting27

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
1. Don't use powder foundation
2. Use BB cream or foundation mixed with sunscreen
3. sheer foundation that hydrates (like a lotion/foundation combo)
4. creme blush with a little bit of pearl?

sorry, I don't know of any specific products...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Make sure that your skin is smooth and free of any dry patches or flakiness by using a good exfoliator (I swear by Epidermix II). Then also ensure that it is well moisturised. These will provide the best canvas for a dewy look.

There are some foundations which, even without primer, can give a lovely, dewy look.

As ting says, powder foundation doesn't tend to be good for this. My best ever foundation is SK-II Air Touch spray, but this has been discontinued, alas. However, I've had great success in achieving a dewy look with Chanel Vitalumière (which is still in production) in the past and also with a Givenchy foundation (I think it was something like "Sublime", but I believe that may have been discontinued as well!)
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I like Armani Light Master primer and Armani Fluid Sheer in peach.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like your more after an illuminating foundation. Many brands have them although the most affordable option would definitely be Revlon Skin Lights foundation.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
If you want that dewy look, all you have to do is use Elizabeth Grant serums. You will attain that dewy look without the need to add other products.
SecretB5StopsAcne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I have something for you to get a dewy look. I would like to suggest that drink at least 2 litres of hot water everyday, include a lot of fruits in your diet like water melon, grapes, papaya, apples, kiwi and eat lots of salads. Hope it will really help you.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I would agree on the healthy diet tips for dewy skin.

But I'm also a fan of the Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation - just half a pump and I add a drop or 2 of organic sesame seed oil, mix together and apply! Voila! Instant dewy! Wink
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:36 am      Reply with quote
The sauna will do it! Wink

This girl has some nice product reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUoMt1kQ4Fw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

34, dry thin skin with sun damage and pigmentation, dark circles, texture issues, a few fine lines, despised NLs, and lots of potential! Using 20% C serum, Osmosis Enlighten with vitamin A, Sunscreen, Lightstim, lots of supplements, green smoothies and juices, searching for the fountain of youth and looking into facial exercise and massage as well.
tbumstead
5% products discount

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all replies

I also heard the Laura Mercier foundation is good
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Illuminare foundation - their original one - not the concealer one or extra coverage - It's my all time favorite foundation for a beautiful dewy coverage... Caveat is that it doesn't come in many shades - Florentine Fair is my spot on perfect shade... you can get a sample pack for very little money and try it out. You need barely a pea size to cover your whole face. I put it on a couple of minutes after my moisturizer and BAM - the dewy thing happens! Very Happy

I love that it has built in sun protection too.

Never met a foundation that I've liked better. Also pretty good at hiding my melasma patches on my cheeks.

Good luck! Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think you've already got it! A pearl primer. For me, it's a Japanese product called B & C Clear Last primer. It's pink in color and has a fruity fragrance Smile
Blue25

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
If your too lazy on testing out new foundations to see if it gives you a dewy look, then you could always use a highlighter and just brush that on the area's of your face that naturally grab light. Such as the cheeck bones, above the lip, below brows, nose, etc.

I've heard good things about Dior Amber Diamond highlighter
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
This may not be what your looking for, but shisheido spf 55 give my skin a dewy look, for some reason!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
As someone with oily skin, I'm curious as to what the difference is between dewy & oily. I guess I'm not understanding, because all I keep thinking is: woudn't moderate use of an oil based foundation do the trick?

I'm so envious of everyone who can find use for products that add shimmer, glow, etc. Sigh.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Yeah the Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation is one of my faves - I just find the colours a bit off tho! lol I'm very pale and the Porcelain Ivory (lightest shade) is quite yellow on me, hence I find a drop of oil helps to spread it out a bit more and make the pigment less dense.

I just buy a bottle of Organic Sesame Seed Oil which I pressume is suitable for cooking, salad dressings, etc - and I put some into a dropper bottle and keep it in my bathroom for my face - it's very good for the skin and anti-inflammatory - I got the idea from the old Body & Soul Foundations, one of the first ingredients was sesame seed oil and I loved the consistency and coverage of that foundation and despite it having oil in it, it never broke me out Wink
tbumstead
5% products discount

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried Skindinävia Moisture Spray??
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using some products right now that give me an amazingly dewy and plump look.

By Terry light expert--s probably the most dewy and amazing concealer ever made. It melts into the skin. You CANNOT tell you are wearing anything.

Also by By Terry:
Teint delectation and eclat opulent--non-shimmery full coverage but barely there, dew-inducing foundation and illuminating brightener.

Under all this:
Skinmedica TNS essential serum gives my skin a dewy glow and evens out my skin texture, and the illuminating eye cream does a wondrous job of targeting my undereye area.

I also LOVE Osea Advanced protection cream (for a more "satiny" glowing complexionm their Eyes and Lips cream for a firming, dewy glow, and Tata Harper's Rejuvenating Serum for a more matte (i.e, not shiny or shimmery) base with lots of great ingredients.

I'd start with a really good serum and some By Terry products if you want to stop searching for effortless-seeming, satiny and not shiny, non-shimmery dewy perfection.

http://www.byterry.com/make-up/complexion/foundation.html

--avalange

p.s. if you'd like a photo, pm me!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
LM foundation is too pigmented. It looks unnatural and turns yellowy after a few hours.

--avalange

tbumstead wrote:
Thanks to all replies

I also heard the Laura Mercier foundation is good

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:23 am      Reply with quote
DHC primer base has that pearly look a bit and makes the skin look nice.
it's called Velvet skin coat.

I also use the Abbey St Clare blush under my makeup to give a bit of a glow.
https://store.abbeystclare.com/mineral-makeup/mineral-blush-powder-innocent-morn.html

you can prob find other light pink products,but i like this one.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I noticed a dew-like glow using physicians formula organic foundation. It doesn't conceal much..but it gave my skin that glow young actresses in L.A. have. A good cheap alternative.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I get that dewy look from NCN's Mineral Sheer Tint Foundation (SPF 20). I has a bit of shimmer if you are in the sun, but very subtle. It is very sheer too. I love the stuff!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Produitsdebeaute

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Avalange, thank you for all of your informative input on Osea.

Do you use TH rejuvenating serum with Osea APC or at separate times?

I am older than you, and find APC slightly more performing than TH rejuvenating serum.

Please, it would be great to have thoughts on the TH replenishing nutrient complex, Osea vitamin boost, Osea vitamin sea serum or other amazing support!

Thank you
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I did a review on Laura mercier's new Radiance product, it's more of a primer but it achieves this look with little effort.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
For a cheapy... I found that physicians formula organic foundation gave my face a dewy look. The coverage was not all that I wanted...but then I'd use my other foundation then accent with that..and it worked.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |