Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
LED Devices - Any long-term side effects?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mel7933
5% products discount

Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I am very tempted to buy a Light Therapy Device after all the information I have read on this board.

I am wondering though, if really no one has experienced any side effects over time?

I am asking, as I had several IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatments to boost collagen production, which resulted though in fat loss and more wrinkles.
So I am quite anxious to try out another device which involves some form of light treatment...

In case you experienced bad side-effects and don't feel comfortable to post about these in public, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Many thanks for your feedback.
dickymoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I am so sorry that happened to you! I had a slight case of rosacea a few years ago and the dermatologist lasered parts of my face, I can't remember the type of laser but it left me bruised and swollen. I had another treatment 2 months later. My face was still blotchy so a couple of months later I decided to try IPL treatments. At my first treatment the nurse to me to use my tongue to cover up my teeth that had fillings because they would heat up! I had the treatment but on my way home I thought if that laser is heating up fillings is this good for my face? Luckily I did not purchase a series of treatments because I decided not to do anymore treatments. I haven't had any bad side effects that I know of.
I get so tempted to purchase one of these light devices but I am not sure.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I had a terrible laser disaster, which is currently with lawyers - very long story - but some of the very common effects I was left with are scarring, facial fat loss, wrinkles (I had zero wrinkles prior!), large open pores (my skin was poreless prior!), and indentations in my skin like I'd been gauged with fingernails!!! Sad

Anyhoo one of the dermal clinicians I consulted with on how to treat my skin told me "NO MORE LASERS!" to which I answered "I'm so on the same page as you it's not funny!" lol anyways she told me to use LED as it is purely HEALING - unlike lasers, etc, LED does not cause injury to force a healing/collagen response - it just is simply a healing/collagen response.

I dont get a lot of time to use the LED device (red light) I bought - but when I am diligent to use it regularly my skin is much better and looks a lot smoother, pores are smaller, skin looks more radiant, etc.
mel7933
5% products discount

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you dickymoe and Glamcat for the replies.

dickymoe wrote:
I had the treatment but on my way home I thought if that laser is heating up fillings is this good for my face? Luckily I did not purchase a series of treatments because I decided not to do anymore treatments.

Well done, I wish I had been as careful as you were.

Glamcat wrote:

I dont get a lot of time to use the LED device (red light) I bought - but when I am diligent to use it regularly my skin is much better and looks a lot smoother, pores are smaller, skin looks more radiant, etc.

I am very sorry this happened to you too.
And thank you for the valuable information, I am glad to read that LED's work for ipl/laser damaged skin...

I'll have to read a bit more about the different devices, and then make up my mind which one to purchase.
I can't wait to give it a go. : )
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mel, thanx Smile - I hope my info helps Wink I really do think LED is great, if only I had more time to be diligent and use it regularly! lol

I think they are definitely a worthwhile investment - some people notice results from the first use, but really it's a cumulative thing - and it's definitely only HEALING - no damage involved which is a huge PLUS... Cool
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading either an article or response to a question of Dr Pikart's website regarding skin lasers ( IPL and the likes) and he said something about the lasers damaging the skin stem cells and that's the reason that the skin looks worse than before in few years time.

LEDs/LLLT is definitely healing, if I have a cut and i use LLLT, the wound heals up very quickly. I wish I could use it on my face regularly but I think it darkens my skin.
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that after a period of time (i think it was six months) LLLT devices caused the collagen it helped produce to become more 'feathery'.
I took this not to be a good thing but maybe i was wrong?
In the short term though it gives a boost to collagen so i cant see the harm in using it as part of a skincare regime on a rotational basis.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |