Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Colorscience Make-Up
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this brand? From the founder of Bare Escentuals, it looks like a variation on BE to me. The minerals are in pump/brush so I you won't waste as much (BE can be tricky if you go away Laughing ) I've seen them on another site (dermstore).
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wondering about this product too especially the colourless sunscreen they have but I haven't ordered yet. Report back if you do.
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Yes! I've tried it and I had really high hopes for it, and I really *really* dislike it!

I bought:
Face Colore - Perfekt
Face Fresheners - Be Still
Genie Sparkle Bottles - Grapes Of Wrath
Brush Cleaner Spray

and I am disappointed with each and every one of these except for the brush cleaner which I am yet to try.

The Face Colore sounded like *such* a good idea! A loose mineral powder already packaged in a self-powdering goat brush. Wrong! I do like the actual mineral makeup and the shade (perfekt) but I still prefer my JI pressed base over this. The brush is definitely not as soft as the brushes I'm used to and I would not be using this on a daily basis. It's good to pop into your handbag to have for emergencies etc. One of the main problems I've experienced with it is the tufts of powder that come out. You can see you're wasting a lot of product as you're buffing it in. Sometimes you also get bits of excessive powder on your skin where the brush released a bit too much.

I was also really excited about the eye shadow. Loose eye shadow it a cute little bottle with an eyeliner like appicator. Here's the thing. The applicator is too hard for my liking and the powder just drops off it onto my face. Also, if you don't like the thin applicator, nothing else will fit into the bottle to get the product out!

The face spray is good in terms of moisture but when I spray it it actually makes me short of breath for some reason. Not sure why.

I'm hoping that the brush cleaner is good otherwise this will be one of the biggest makeup buying disasters for quite some time for me! Laughing
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy,
You have just saved me a fortune. I looked this line up and was very interested. After reading your post I don't think I will bother. I am sure my hubby would like to thank you as well. Rolling Eyes

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Loopylori - well you probably won't want to hear that the Face Colore in Perfekt got 2 great reviews on MUA (which is what persuaded me). I really don't agree with them now though - perhaps I've been spoilt by JI and by my Handi brush and A'Squirrel brushes.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:52 am      Reply with quote
thanks Mabsy, it did sound good and maybe if they are on offer I'll give it a try, for now I'll spend it on something else.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:42 am      Reply with quote
God what a bummer! Confused Do they do loose powders? or maybe you could decant into a BE container or JI one instead? I'd email the company and explain the problems. They may not refund you, but it may meant they can improve the packaging.
I always said packaging was important! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:07 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
God what a bummer! Confused Do they do loose powders? or maybe you could decant into a BE container or JI one instead? I'd email the company and explain the problems. They may not refund you, but it may meant they can improve the packaging.
I always said packaging was important! Smile

I guess the design was supposed to correct the fact that loose powders can go everywhere.
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I think this might have been in response to people saying that loose powders are hard to travel with, inconvenient etc etc The concept was good but unfortunately not exactly the best. I think if they made the brush softer then I could put up with the powder cloud and excessive bits of powder but the brush feels uncomfortable on my face.

I could decant into a BE container and use as normal but then it defeats the purpose plus I still prefer my JI pressed and would use that instead. I'll keep this intact for traveling and touchups. Emailing them is a good idea, I'll do that later today Smile

ETA: I'm moving this to the Product Reviews section which is where I originally meant to post before the question got asked Smile
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Just a thought - Youngblood Mineral Foundation comes in a no spill pot - it travels very well and it doesn't go everywhere - I found the actual foundation a bit too shiny for me but kept the container and put my BE into it - works a treat!! Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I just thought I'd update on the ColoreScience. I still stand by what I said above but I have now tried the brush cleaner spray also. That was is actually quite good although I don't really have a benchmark to compare it to. It's not something that will replace me washing my brushes but it's nice to use to keep them cleaner in between washes. I just spray it on some toilet paper or tissue and wipe the brush on it to clean it.
melodymok
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I would also like to buy the brush cleaner from colorscience. How frequent do I need to use the brush cleaner?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |