Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Can anyone recommend a beauty salon in Warsaw?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm here in Poland for the week and would really like to get a Decleor facial. I have no idea how to go about finding a good beauty salon here. Can anyone recommend one, preferably in central Warsaw?

ps. doesn't have to be Decleor.

TIA! Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
....try the decleor website, they should list salons in each country.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
ooo, thanks for the tip Eve, will try that now!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
They only list a number for a distributor, no salons. Sad

Does anyone have any recommendations for a place here in Warsaw that does other good facials?
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there,

This is pretty neat place http://www.heder.pl/
I used to go there for their fantastic tanning beds ( I know, I know, tannin is bad! )...
They offer a lot of other esthetic services
Hope this helps! Smile
Aga
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Try the "Sharley" salon on Aleja Jana Pawla II. Pricy but good.

You can also try Escape Salon and Day Spa (they definitely have Decleor and the place is very nice I hear) - it's on ul. Limanowskiego.

Enjoy! Wink

Btw, what's the weather like in PL at the moment?
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks you guys. Will check it out and report back after I've treated mysef Cool

ps Mabsy, it is snowing here. It is so beautiful
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
ps Mabsy, it is snowing here. It is so beautiful

Damn I miss that! I hope you're having a great time!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm back at home and back at work now Crying or Very sad but at least I have easier access to the internet and, more importantly, to this forum! Very Happy

So anyway, I got my Decleor facial done! Dancing In the end, I found a salon which was just around the corner from me Rolling Eyes http://www.instytutpiekna.pl/
Overall I was very impressed. Here's what happened...

The beautician diagnosed me as having combination skin, which is sensitive in areas. She said it was quite congested and that it needed something called "czyszczenie" which is basically opening up the pores, getting rid of all the gunk and then closing the pores. She said that I should be getting this done once every 2 months. I have never had a facial before Embarassed , so I have no idea whether this is something I can get done here in the UK? Or is it just a Polish thing? Confused Please somebody tell me that I can get that done here Pray

Next I had the Harmony facial, as my skin got very red after all the spot-squeezing Embarassed I had originally asked for the Revitalising one, but the beautician said the Harmony would be much better for my skin. And it was! The end result was fantastic! (It even made up for the fact that I was not allowed to wash my face with anything other than pre-boiled water for 2 days afterwards!) To be honest, I never really thought I had a problem with obvious pores, but looking at my skin now, it looks completely transformed. Not one pore in sight! Its brighter and smoother and generally much happier. I've even had comments from people saying that I look "well" and have I had something done? Very Happy (no one has ever said anything nice about my skin before). Just praying it stays that way now Wink

This is what the beautician also told me:

1. She said that I was lucky not to have any lines around my eyes yet and that it is very important that I use an eye cream daily. She said that everyone from the age of 25 should do so, as the skin below our eyes is the thinnest, and does not produce its own moisuture. She said I should buy the most expensive cream I could afford as it is an investment and a preventative measure. Oh and she also said I could just use a thicker layer at night. Note to self: look up threads re recs for eye cream Laughing

2. She said that Decleor products should not be used in conjunction with products from other brands. Which completely burst my bubble Sad as I had been desperate to add the Ylang Ylang oil to my routine. I even went to the Decleor counter at House of Fraser in Guildford today to double check. The SA was happy to give me a sample of the Ylang Ylang oil, but said that I should not use it with a non-Decleor moisturiser. She did say that it was ok to use the balm at night though and she gave me a sample of that

I know that many of you use the oils in your routine. Do you always follow up with a Decleor moisturiser?

Oops, I just realised how looooong my post has become so I'm gonna finish up now wave
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know why Decleor cant be used with other brand products?

I just ordered a night cream from them, I use a combo of different lines on my skin, so should I return the nigth balm?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I would be interested in knowing the reasoning behind using Decleor only products. I honestly believe that this is some kind of urban myth that skin care companies spread so that you will buy all of their products. I personally think that you should use whatever products work best for your skin, regardless of what brand they are.

I use Decleor's ylang ylang balm and oil and have had outstanding results. They are the only Decleor products that I use and I haven't had any adverse effects.

Liz
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to make it clear that I was told two slightly different things:

The beautician told me that if I wanted to use Decleor then I should use only Decleor and nothing else. This did ring alarm bells for me as I was naturally suspicious of her genuineness.

The SA said that if I wanted to add the Ylang Ylang oil to my routine, then I needed to follow it with the Decleor moisturiser (I think it was the matting one). But she did say that the night time balm was ok to use with a non-Decleor cleanser and toner.

To be honest, my initial suspicion that the beautician wanted me to spend more $$ on her products, was completely wrong. I had to specifically ask her to make recommendations as to which products I should use and she was actually reluctant to sell any of these to me.

In the end, she just advised me to simplify my routine and to make sure that whatever it was that I was using, to change it every month. My products actually last me well over a month and there is no way I would to throw them out if they were working, but I think there is some merit to her advice re always changing brands so your skin does not get too used to something.

I am confused though because I have read many good things about people who have added only the oil to their routine. Has anyone else heard anything about this exclusivity thing?
Mabsy

Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:49 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
The beautician diagnosed me as having combination skin, which is sensitive in areas. She said it was quite congested and that it needed something called "czyszczenie" which is basically opening up the pores, getting rid of all the gunk and then closing the pores. She said that I should be getting this done once every 2 months. I have never had a facial before Embarassed , so I have no idea whether this is something I can get done here in the UK? Or is it just a Polish thing? Confused Please somebody tell me that I can get that done here Pray

Czyszczenie is just deep cleansing and you will be able to get it in any salon you go to or do it yourself at home. I do mine about once a month (when I remember) and tend to use natural products for it (just my pref). Starting with the Dr H steam bath concentrate all the way through to the mask afterwards Smile
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Cool, thanks Mabsy! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |