Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Under Eye Sags
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi All.

Having tried what seems like every eye product on the market, can anyone recommend anything that does actually reduce puffy eyes and the look of not having had a good night's sleep for weeks!!! Crying or Very sad
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cindy,

It depends on the puffiness. Is the problem just the puffies or fat deposits under the eyes? If you don't mind me asking how old are you.

I am one of those people that have a family trait of circles (bags) under the eyes. You can make them less noticable and reduce the swelling. In my case I just try to keep them as firm as possible.

Give us a little more info. so we can help.

I can tell you that drinking lots of water and cutting down on salt can help the fluid retention around the eyes. Do you have allergies?

Winnie
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,
Thanks for the quick reply. Im 38. Not many wrinkles, no crows feet (something has gone right somewhere). I do suffer from sleep deprevation so I know my problem is a bit difficult. I wouldnt say I have a balanced diet, but I do try to eat well, and trying to drink 8 glasses of water a day is a bind. One eye tends to be more puffy than the other underneath but the crease highlighting the socket line is always so visible. Does this help you to help me??? :?:
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Well, you are lucky...no lines and wrinkles.

Try sleeping with you head elevated a bit. Two or three pillows if you can. I also have a nice satin eye pillow I got in a spa. I keep it in refrig. When my eyes get puffy I place it over my eyes for about ten minutes and it helps with the puffies. You can also keep two spoons in refrig. and place the cold spoons under eyes to take down the swelling.

Mary Kay has an eye gel you keep in the refrig. It is really quite nice. It feels really good and helps with swelling.

Firmup-Tone Up Eye Cream by Janson-Beckett:
Natural complex of proven ingredients specifically for the sensitive under-eye area. Helps reduce under-eye shadows and bags. Special herbs offer firming, toning and detoxifying benefits. (under salon products).

Hope this helps,
Winnie
JB
PickadillyDo
5% products discount

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Works great.. I don't know what I would do without it!! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jamie

Which one do you use and what results do you see?

Thanks Razz
PickadillyDo
5% products discount

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Oh sorry.. I put it in the subject line but I guess that line doesn't show on the messages.. anyways... I use Principal Secrets Advanced Contiuous Lift.. It's wonderful.. I use it on my upper eye lids.. but I hear its great all around the eye!!
Jamie

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Keep in mind that this may be also caused by allergies and poor lymphatic drainage. Elevating your head while you sleep and doing a simple lymphatic drainage massage should help with the latter but you should try to figure out if you have any allergies or sinus problems.

I once used a sample of Phytomer Lift Contour Eye Cream - an eye cream that a few people here love. I didn't like it because I felt a tightening effect (which I yet do not need). Perhaps this might be good to try then?

Btw, and I should have asked this first - are we talking about puffy eyes or bags under the eyes?
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Also, check out k.a.t's post in http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=28852
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi, thanks for your reply. Im talking about bags under the eyes. Im not talking suitcases but nevertheless, noticeable. Also the crease of the eye socket is always prominent, like Ive had about 1 hrs sleep. Im interested in the lymph drainage massage but wouldnt know where to start. I think most creams are just wishful thinking but if you say you have experienced tightening, then its worth investigating. Thanks.
Mabsy

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Eve Lom cleanser comes with a little booklet which is a 7-step guide to lymphatic draining. I'll see if I can find some instructions online for you. It's not difficult to do but it's best you have the illustrations. You could always go to a salon and ask for one to be done (most salons probably do them).
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |