Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Blackheads on the nose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
To remove blackheads, you must use "religiously" a foaming gel cleanser on your face.
pat dry and then use an extractor tools to removed them (not your hands). Also don't poke it with your hands because it will just irritate further. Always use a toner to balance the pH of the skin, then use water-based moisturizer (no oild-based products)... BTW, I use to have blackheads, but not anymore!!! My skin is very clear, not even a single pimple on my face. I think it is also because I eat properly with proper foods, exercise and all that....

SusieQ wrote:
Everyone is spot on here. Removal of blackheads by manually exfoliating never works. Best to go with a well formulated BHA. Consistent use is the key.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Only one thing has ever made these go away for me. Cutting out foods to which I have an intolerance. Then they disappear completely. No facial routine was ever able to achieve that.

For interests sake I use pure oils and lanolin as moisturiser. These have never aggravated blackheads so long as my diet is right. My experience is that eating the wrong foods will make your sebum prone to clogging.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I would not want a nose with lots of blackheads! Of course, if you use an extracting tools to remove the blackheads, not your hands, will surely make your face looks better. I think also using a toner will surely improve the pH balance of the skin thereby making the pore smaller. Of course, make sure that clean your face with proper liquid soap every night will surely get rid of the blackheads over time.

Holmes wrote:
What is the point of extracting blackheads?
The holes/open pores can't be closed and just fill up again Sad
Unless someone knows something different...
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:29 am      Reply with quote
An update on my blackheads and whiteheads. I cleanse using OCM, every 2nd night use retin-a and in the morning vit E oil. No, and I mean NO, blackheads, whiteheads, open pores, gaping holes! A friend commented on my nose last week, a brave friend mind you. She said she wished her nose looked so good. Love her!

Diet-wise - no sugar, no wheat or grain products, plenty of fat, protein, green and fruit smoothies with whey protein powder. I am following Marks Daily Apple paleo-lifestyle and feel great.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:19 am      Reply with quote
That's great HippoMe! Dancing
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Yey Hippome! Cool I find keeping my skin super hydrated makes open pores 'shrink', presumably because they are technically a hole in a surface that has been plumped up. I definitely don't find liquid or bar soap keep blackheads away, they just dehydrate my skin and the ones containing sulphate surfactants make my T-zone more oily!

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
chicgeek

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Accutane was the only thing that worked for me in the past. Retin-A + tetracycline + exfoliating salicyclic acid scrub twice a day + weekly nose strips didn't touch it when I was a teen. Benzoyl peroxide is useless.

Now, I'm trying OCM + Retin-A + Biore nose strips + 20% salicyclic acid peel + microfiber cloth + Olay Clarisonic knockoff, and it's looking much better. I've still got a lot of gunk in there, though! My problem before is that only the nose strips removed any of the blackheads, and the scrub and Retin-A and oral antibiotic couldn't keep it from immediately clogging up again. In fact, so much of the time, the strips only remove the top part of the blackhead. Not cool.

Now, I'm doing a 2 min salicyclic peel once a week and 1 min peel (followed by glycolic) once a week. That with the OCM reduced the numbers and size substantially.

I just started pore strips again. Unfortunately, for them to adhere well to the goop, they also stick to the skin, so I'm nervous about broken capillaries and am exploring gentler DIY peel-masks. Anyhow, the pore strips open up the skin better so the salicyclic acid can get down into the pores and exfoliate them better. I'm going to be doing that 3 days a week and following it up with a 1-min "spot peel" of my nose. If that's too harsh, I may whip up some 10% peel solution for everyday use just for my trouble spots.

I'll report back....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
chicgeek wrote:

Now, I'm trying OCM + Retin-A + Biore nose strips + 20% salicyclic acid peel + microfiber cloth + Olay Clarisonic knockoff, and it's looking much better. I've still got a lot of gunk in there, though! My problem before is that only the nose strips removed any of the blackheads, and the scrub and Retin-A and oral antibiotic couldn't keep it from immediately clogging up again. In fact, so much of the time, the strips only remove the top part of the blackhead. Not cool.

Now, I'm doing a 2 min salicyclic peel once a week and 1 min peel (followed by glycolic) once a week. That with the OCM reduced the numbers and size substantially. I just started pore strips again. Unfortunately, for them to adhere well to the goop, they also stick to the skin, so I'm nervous about broken capillaries and am exploring gentler DIY peel-masks. Anyhow, the pore strips open up the skin better so the salicyclic acid can get down into the pores and exfoliate them better. I'm going to be doing that 3 days a week and following it up with a 1-min "spot peel" of my nose. If that's too harsh, I may whip up some 10% peel solution for everyday use just for my trouble spots.

I'll report back....

Wow that is an aggressive routine. Shock

AFAIK lactic acid is gentler than any other AHA/ BHA: it hydrates as it exfoliates. As it is natural to the skin there is no irritation or flaking the following day unless you use a high strength and burn the whole stratus corneum away! I had good results using dilute LA on the stubborn (mostly closed) comedones on my chin which I have had for years. TBH I was hoping for it just to slough off the top layer of skin to make steam and extract possible, but the skin ended up silky smooth with no visible blocked pores. Very Happy If your plugs are really deep, LA might exfoliate enough for the OCM or a weekly salicylic acid peel to get right in the pores?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |