Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Obagi?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ashley103
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Obagi for 7 weeks and have had the flaking and redness, but no peeling and my skin doesn't seem any smoother. I've also got almost like a slight crusty layer on my outer skin. Do you think it might just be irritating me and not helping?
Allicsirp
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ashley,

If you are flaking, you are peeling. You won't peel in sheets, its just that the skin exfoliates in a flaky way. The itching, redness, flaking is all a part of it. What you need to do is skip like two days in between using the Retin A and Exfoderm. Just do the wash, toner and clear for two days, then add the Exfoderm in the a.m and the Retin A in the p.m...then skip two days again. If your skin is too tender, don't use a wash cloth, use your hands for washing. When you feel your skin healing up but still feel that crusty layer use a warm washcloth with your facewash to help remove that tough layer of skin. It's all about exfoliation and you have to realize that it's taken years to build up these dead skin cells so it's going to take a little while to remove them. Once you start noticing a smoothness, it just gets better and better. Are you using the Obagi Action moisturizer, too? The Tolereen helps for the irritating itching and the moisturizer is for the dryness. Using these two products isn't recommended for everyd day, but if you use them at the very worst times of the irritation, you'll find that you can get through it alot more comfortably. Obagi is a challenge to get used to, but at 47 years old, I've noticed a great difference in my skin from using it for the last few months. I've used everything in the book and this is the best. I bet if you try giving your face a couple of breathing days to heal up, you'll notice that the Obagi has done some good. Just remember, the redness, flaking/peeling is all part of the process...if you aren't seeing that happen, it isn't working for you. I hope this helps! Good luck.
Ashley103
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
OK, thanks. I thought the flaking was good, but I wasn't sure. My elasticity has decreased and my skin is thinner the past couple of months, which the Obagi doesn't seem to help, so I was thinking about trying something else.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |