Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Sunblock
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carmenharo

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I'm new here to EDS. I was wondering.I live at a very high altitude (2,400 meters over sea level). I am 52 years old and have trouble with dark spots on my face. What is a good fade cream and also what kind of sunblock is recomended at this altitude. Thanks!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome Very Happy

I wouldn't have thought that there would be a prblem using any sunbloc at high altitudes, but you may need one with a higher spf if you are so high you have snow ...just guessing, but I would think reflected light may intensify amount of uva/b radiation. Are there extreme temps as well cos that may be a consideration? To be safe, I reckon a physical type bloc or at least one with predominately physical barriers is best. As for age / sun spots, I would definately use a vitamin C serum (you knew I was gonna say that didn't you!) which will help even tone on your face. I don't know much about spot lightening treatments, I'm not really sure they are either effective or safe, but that is just me! Products with mulberry and liquorice are supposed to be effective, but avoid hydroquinine lighteners.
You could look into beta alistine range called rocket science. It's an aussie line and I was pretty impressed by the serum...definately improved the sun damage I had. Maybe mabsy will have more info Smile
HTH, Liz Cool

Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Not much additional info from me I'm afraid. I'd say go for a sunblock with a high SPF and would also suggest the use of a vitamin C serum. As for the spots, well there are many products but I have not tried them. I know some have had good results with Skinceuticals Phyto+ and I think use of AHAs can help to an extent also but I'm not so sure if AHAs would be a good idea at such a high altitute (given that they will make your skin more sensitive to the sun).

I would suggest that you call up EDS and ask for a recommendation and see what they say.
subodhjain82
5% products discount

Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:58 am      Reply with quote
***edited by Mabsy to remove self-promotion content
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking about the beta alistine range Mabsy Smile

subodhjain82, Where on the page you posted did you see stuff relating to high altitude sunblock? I think that this forum is more aimed at personal reports rather than just referring evryone to bestincosmetics Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I've been using two Murad products that I like: Waterproof Sunblock SPF 30 for Face and Body, and Age Spot & Pigment Lightening Gel. (They sell both here at EDS). I also have Shiseido sunblock with an SPF of 35 that is lovely, and they make SPF 50 products too.

Since Christmas I've have been using the gel twice a day on a dark spot under my eye, which is about the size of the end of my pinky finger, and on many other small freckle-size spots on my face. It comes in a pump which is kind of hard to get a small quantity out of, so I've been pumping it on the top of my hand, where I have a scar, and using a q-tip to dot it on the spots. The scar has REALLY faded. (It was a newish burn I got putting something into the oven.Shock) The big spot under my eye has faded a lot. For some reason the smaller spots not as much, but maybe its harder to tell if they are fading since they are quite small? Also it does say to use for a while... I forget now how long, and I threw out the box which said how long! Oops. I seem to remember 3 months, or maybe it was 8 weeks.

I did try this on the reddish skin around my nose (which is damaged from years of allergy nose blowing) and it made it get too dry and peel, so I stopped putting it there. I put heavy moisturizer over it at night, and the creamy SPF seems to moisturize enough during the day.

Quapagirl did you say that about the Hydroquinone because some people react badly to it? I saw that Murad has another "Hydroquinone-free" fading product too, maybe that's why. So you might want to test it somewhere not on your face first. I do have skin that reacts strongly to many products, but was fine with this.

Hope that helps! Very Happy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi socal girl
Hydroquinine is banned in europe because of the skin damage it does. I would guess that reputable companies like murad etc that use it, have it in low enough concentrations to be reasonably safe, but personally I wouldn't touch the stuff!
Liz Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I'll have to also recommend Vit C and SkinCeuticals Phyto+ for dealing with your hyperpigmented areas.

I absolutely love Shiseido's sunscreen, particularly their Extra Smooth Protection Lotion SPF 33. The sunscreen is awesome, it is not sticky, does not leave any white residue. I have oily skin and this gives me enough moisture for the day.

Liz
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I never use a sunscrene. Would you reccommend i start?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely! Sun damage is the major reason for visable signs of aging. It is much easier to prevent damage than to try and correct it after it has happened. A good sunscreen should be the basis for every skin care regime and it should be used everyday.

Liz
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |