Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Topical Antioxidants
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:53 am      Reply with quote
So can anyone recommend me an antioxidant treatment? As you may know, summer is nearing and I'd like to start getting some extra protection, so any help would be great!
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Well, depending on your skin type, I'd recommend Topix Replenix CF Serum or Cream. They're loaded with green tea and caffeine and work well under sunscreen. A drugstore option is Olay Regenerist serum fragrance-free.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Are any of the ones you mentioned known to cause breakouts or irritation?
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I love Topix Relenix Cream. I'm very prone to breakouts and it doesn't cause me to.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:34 am      Reply with quote
The Olay has not broken me out (in fact, the niacinamide has the opposite effect for me), although I understand for some people whose skin doesn't like silicones, it could. Neither has the Topix Serum, which is extremely lightweight, not moisturizing at all. It could leave skin vulnerable to cold, dry weather, but I think it's good for oily skin in hot, humid weather.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Actives has an antioxidant serum that works well under mu and isn't at all oily. Even if you decide to go with one of the others mentioned, check out the Complete Hydrophilic Anti-Oxidant Serum. It's loaded with things that are supposed to be really good for your skin.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Wow thanks guys, so much to choose from! And there's not many reviews for antioxidants.. Which one is the cheapest?
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
The Olay is about $20 at US drugstores, a bit less at Kmart, Target, etc. I'm on my 5th bottle in about 9 months, and I use it almost every morning under my sunscreen and some nights.

Oh, and I just remembered the most important AOX of all: Vit A, which the sun completely saps from skin. It's a night treatment, in the form of retinol (e.g., Neutrogena Healthy Skin anti-wrinkle night cream) or prescription tretinoin (generics are cheap and powerful).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I have a similar issue... I would like to find a lightweight, non-oily, vitamin-packed serum to layer under my daily SPF 60. Olay is often too heavy for me and it is difficult to find a serum that lists "non-comedogenic"! Sigh.

I have heard good things about Ole Henriksen's "Truth Serum". Has anyone used this?
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Have you considered the PC Resist Super Antioxidant Serum? It's very affordable. I liked my sample and may order the full size. It's loaded with about every good antioxidant I can think of. It is a bit sticky for day wear IMO, but PC also has the Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer, which is light and easy to wear under SS and contains many of the same wonderful antioxidants as the serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
clare77 wrote:
Have you considered the PC Resist Super Antioxidant Serum? It's very affordable. I liked my sample and may order the full size. It's loaded with about every good antioxidant I can think of. It is a bit sticky for day wear IMO, but PC also has the Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer, which is light and easy to wear under SS and contains many of the same wonderful antioxidants as the serum.

Hmm I don't know.. I've tried PC's BHA liquid before but it didn't really work too well for me. I don't know if I should try anothe rproduct from her line. And people have also told me that one of her sunscreens are very unstable?
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the PC Resist Super AOX serum too. It's much stickier than Olay, and I think something in it may have irritated my skin. It's so loaded with stuff it's hard to guess what, maybe ubiquinone? Anyway, the base formula is silicone, just like the Olay.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Hmm I don't know.. I've tried PC's BHA liquid before but it didn't really work too well for me. I don't know if I should try anothe rproduct from her line. And people have also told me that one of her sunscreens are very unstable?

Well I have never used her BHA products or sunscreens. In fact I am not a big Pula fan over-all, but I do really like these 2 products. Just my 2 cents:)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know where I can get the topix replenix serum?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Do you know where I can get the topix replenix serum?

You can purchase Topix products @

http://www.eskincarestore.com
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Try skincarerx.com where you can use the code MUA20 for a 20% discount.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
rockhugger wrote:
Well, depending on your skin type, I'd recommend Topix Replenix CF Serum or Cream. They're loaded with green tea and caffeine and work well under sunscreen. A drugstore option is Olay Regenerist serum fragrance-free.

Which one do you use?

http://skincarerx.com/Replenix-Serum.html
http://skincarerx.com/Replenix-Cream-CF.html

Or are they the same?
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
rockhugger wrote:

Which one do you use?

http://skincarerx.com/Replenix-Serum.html
http://skincarerx.com/Replenix-Cream-CF.html

Or are they the same?

I use Topix Serum on my cheeks and nose (trying to reduce suspected rosacea) and Olay all over on top of that. I'd like to try Topix Cream next winter if my skin is drier then.

If you order from skincarerx.com, there's a 20% discount with the code MUA20.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Oh I see, so the serum is for more oily skin then?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the skinactives antioxidant booster before? It's pretty cheap and it seems to have some great antioxidant power
lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:05 am      Reply with quote
jadkin wrote:
I have a similar issue... I would like to find a lightweight, non-oily, vitamin-packed serum to layer under my daily SPF 60. Olay is often too heavy for me and it is difficult to find a serum that lists "non-comedogenic"! Sigh.

I have heard good things about Ole Henriksen's "Truth Serum". Has anyone used this?

I have tried the Truth Serum and it made me a grease pit. I have super oily skin to begin with, so anything with ANY moisturizing ingredients in it don't work for me!
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Oh I see, so the serum is for more oily skin then?

Yes, it's barely hydrating, and really feels like nothing is on your skin once it soaks in. This could be a pro or con depending on your goals...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Has anyone used the skinactives antioxidant booster before? It's pretty cheap and it seems to have some great antioxidant power

I love it. You are supposed to add it to a ready made moisturizer to boost the level of antioxidants.

However, I apply it "straight" once or twice a week followed by a light oil or cream. When you do that you skin will be stained pumpkin orange for about 2 hours... so it do it before bed.

It is a great value

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
oasisjc wrote:

I love it. You are supposed to add it to a ready made moisturizer to boost the level of antioxidants.

However, I apply it "straight" once or twice a week followed by a light oil or cream. When you do that you skin will be stained pumpkin orange for about 2 hours... so it do it before bed.

It is a great value

Wait, did I read that right? It turns you orange?! That means I can't use it during the day?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
That is because I am using in undiluted ("straight"). The instructions say to mix it in a cream. If you do that you will not turn orange.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |