Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
my eyes STAY RED
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 am      Reply with quote
i was told its allergies and to drink dandelion tea ....please help
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
If you have allergies I wouldn't drink dandelion tea unless you know for sure your not allergic to anything in its family. I buy some allergy eye drops at the drug store, they work for me.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Allergies affecting the ocular mucosa (watery parts of eye itself) or the eye area (surrounding skin)? Who told you to drink dandelion tea? Has your dermatologist diagnosed this or prescribed anything? Have you identified the allergen(s)?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Girliegirl eye drops are one of the best routes, plus they make your eyes really white Razz

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Get eye drops. Nothing will work better than those, but ask your pharmacist for the best options
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I personally found that using eye drops that are supposed to take the red out tended to make you so dependent on them that if you stopped using them your eyes became bloodshot again.

I do find eating raw veggies and fruits that are high in antioxidants (eg carrots, blueberries) and drinking lots of water helps, unless you have allergies. Dairy always seemed to aggravate my allergies when I used to get hayfever and would suffer from red, itchy eyes so I've never been a fan. I tend to start my healing from diet and usually I find that that solves most problems so that no further measures need to be taken. I found an article that talks about causes for red eyes and some changes you could make in your diet that may help.

http://www.nativeremedies.com/ailment/causes-of-bloodshot-eyes.html

HIH (Hope it helps)
ava10
5% products discount

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was told by my optometrist that using eye drops that get the red out is only a temporary, cosmetic fix and long term use of these is NOT recommended at all because they constrict the blood vessels.

However, lubricating eye drops are different and may be used more frequently for dry eyes.
shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Don't use eye drops that have vasoconstrictors in them instead use a natural lubricant eye drop Smile
malinamartis

Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Eyes are the most important organ in the human body, dip a small amount of cotton piece in rose water with 2-3 drops of Castor oil is mixed, place these soaked pads on the eyelids for some times at least 20-35 minutes. This may reduce your eye burns and other eye problems.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I buy NATURAL EYE DROP?
What brand should I look for>
My eyes are sometimes red because I swim a lot and uses goggles, but still the chlorinated water (in-door pool) somehow gets into my eye, plus the fact that I use computer the whole day.
What can you recommend? I use Visine to get the red out, but I am looking for alternative solution. I do eat properly BTW...

shellybutorac wrote:
Don't use eye drops that have vasoconstrictors in them instead use a natural lubricant eye drop Smile
Beach_bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've always had dry eyes that occasionally got a bit red around the rims. A few months ago I began taking hyaluronic acid pills and I haven't experienced the dryness since.

You can buy lubricating eyedrops wherever you can buy visine. I used Refresh tears for years - but like I said I haven't needed them since I began the HA.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
My eyes are chronically bloodshot, I hate it...I have yet to find a drop on this planet that gets rid of it and I've tried a million. The best one I've used to date is Naphcon A which is available at Walgreens...makes them better but doesn't get rid of it completely.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:

Just curious...do you wear contacts?

I was just at the eye doctor after having my last eye exam in 2007 (yeah, it's been a while!) and she was concerned about my red/bloodshot eyes which she attributes to me wearing colored contacts. Apparently colored lenses are not made of the best breathable material and what has happened are blood vessels started growing towards the center of my eye due to eyes not being able to breathe...hence my chronic red eye issue.
I was fitted with a more breathable lens called Air Optix Aqua today and she hopes this will improve my redness.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:

Just curious...do you wear contacts?

I was just at the eye doctor after having my last eye exam in 2007 (yeah, it's been a while!) and she was concerned about my red/bloodshot eyes which she attributes to me wearing colored contacts. Apparently colored lenses are not made of the best breathable material and what has happened are blood vessels started growing towards the center of my eye due to eyes not being able to breathe...hence my chronic red eye issue.
I was fitted with a more breathable lens called Air Optix Aqua today and she hopes this will improve my redness.

shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Naphcon is what I think I used... I will double check.
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have chronically dry eyes. I live in a desert climate and I had laser eye surgery. I use the preservative free eye drops in the vials. Using eye drops with preservatives become toxic if used more tan four times a day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I am amazed with the improvement of my eyes with wearing these new contacts after a few days. I can go all day and not get redness, dryness or irritation. It's quite logical that the contacts I was wearing were the culprit. I almost feel stupid not realizing that a few years ago Embarassed

LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh, my first optometrist prescribed gas-permeable contacts for me when I was 18, and told me about a patient whose blood vessels had grown to the surface of her eyes due to constant use of hard lenses/lack of oxygen for too many years.

Well, geez, he might as well have told me that ALIEN came out of her face, as I haven't switched from gas-permeables, or made a practice of wearing them too long, since!

I think fish oils are also recommended for red/dry eyes? They seem to help whenever I have any dry mucous membrane issues, i.e. dry lips, nose.. I guess that's it, lol!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Lol Lori Laughing

I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to see the eye doctor about this and I hope I don't have any permanent damage. My redness has subsided quite a bit, but I still have some of the red vessels running across my eyes. Hopefully they are not permanent like the broken caps on my face Rolling Eyes

tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I think the reason for my RED EYES was in the past i wore cheap colored contacts that you get at the store for $20 and also slepted with them on with little to no eye solution. And they were getting red then...

but now they are not only red but very itchy and get watery too...i just started drinking apple cider finger unfiltered 2x a day
im in desperate needs ..i dont like my eyes being red all the time Sad
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:41 am      Reply with quote
You should see an Opthamologist. It could be Occular rosacea ( especially if you notice skin problems), allergies,etc. Maybe just sensitive to certain mascara, eye makeup remover? Just some suggestions.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add
My eyes are always irritated and red if I spend too much time on computer. Not sure what you can do about eye strain if you have to work.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:36 am      Reply with quote
malinamartis wrote:
Eyes are the most important organ in the human body, dip a small amount of cotton piece in rose water with 2-3 drops of Castor oil is mixed, place these soaked pads on the eyelids for some times at least 20-35 minutes. This may reduce your eye burns and other eye problems.

Malina, what a peculiar remark! Are eyes really more important than the heart, liver, brain etc.? You would DIE without those organs, but continue to live without your eyes.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Occular rosacea

i could have this..i dont have any redness or skin problems but far as itchy, watery and red eyes thats what i have

i read to take omega 3, water , use warm compress and maybe organic honey on lids?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |