Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I need to whine a bit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just need to whine a little. Ever since I got back from Italy, my skin is just not right.

Last nite, at the last count - 6 big pimples!
and numerous little bumps. I want my old skin back Sad - it was not great, a little dry and saggy but was blemish free. I am suspecting everything - from the moisturizers, to the makeup to the brushes...to the pillow, and my hair serum. BUT, these are things I used before my eruptions.

I am waiting for some SOS (I hope) purchases from EDS to arrive in a couple of days.

Sorry, I needed to whine a bit to you guys cos Mr Jenny just rolled up his eyes and told me to leave those mini volcanoes alone. I think you'd understand better.

Sad Sad Jenny
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Jenny, my boyfriend says the same thing..just leave them the hell alone and they'll go away. Rolling Eyes

I hope they clear up for ya. I'm currently going through the hormonal mess on my face Crying or Very sad
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:26 am      Reply with quote
My boyfriend is always telling me not to pick, but it doesn't stop me. I just make sure I do it when he's not around. Smile

My skin is behaving pretty badly at the moment too. I thought I was on my way to sorting out my mild acne problem with a combination of supplements, Decleor and change of diet. All was going well until the last month or so. Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint what is causing me to break out in spots again. It may be down to the fact that I have been testing products for the Beauty Bible and so the interruption in my Decleor routine has messed my skin up. I also started taking MSM about a month ago and so far I haven't seen an improvement in my skin. Just the opposite!
I suffer from IBS and so I was thinking that maybe that was causing the blemishes too. All the toxins in my body building up inside and then forcing their way out in the form of spots. Sad
Mabsy

Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Men - they just *don't* understand! When I get a pimple and my other half sees it for the first time, more often than not he says "You've squeezed the hell out of it haven't you!?" without even referring or pointing to it. He's right about 95% of the time Laughing

I hope they clear up quickly Jenny. Make sure you start drinking more water and try adding lemon juice to the water as well (I don't think it's proven but I swear that it helps me!).
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, i think I must be married to his secret twin! Laughing

I didn't pick once, and it took 3 weeks to disappear!

Jenny, maybe it's the change of water? Whenever i go away and then come back, I am always out of sorts and I swear it's the water!

Toe, what stuff are you testing? If you think you are breaking out, I'd stop using it! I've just started with MSM. Hope it doesn't go yuck on me...I bought a 6 month supply! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Toe, what stuff are you testing? If you think you are breaking out, I'd stop using it! I've just started with MSM. Hope it doesn't go yuck on me...I bought a 6 month supply! Embarassed

The only 2 products that I use on a daily basis for my Beauty Bible testing are the YSL Instant Pur Hydrating Beauty Toner and the Michelle Roques-O'Neil Aromatherapy Perfection Face Oil. I'm going to stop using the YSL toner as I can't imagine the face oil is the culprit as I already use similar oils from the Decleor range.
It'll be really annoying if the YSL toner is to blame. I have loads of it left and it is a really nice product. More like a lotion than a toner and it really smooths and hydrates my skin.

Guapagirl - how much MSM are you taking? I'm on 1000mg a day but I remember reading somewhere that you need to take more than that to see a difference in your skin.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm taking 2000mg but only started this week...if I get good results, how will I know if it's the BB stuff or the msm? Confused think I need a rethink!
bummer about the ysl...you could always sell it on HDD forums though! Also are you using on both sides? Maybe you could discount it by applying to one side only.
I'd check what's in the oil too...I was quite shocked at the number of non-natural stuff in my darphin!
Liz[/i]

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Good thinking, Guapagirl! Very Happy
I'll start using the YSL on one side of my face. If that side ends up with more spots than the other side then I will stop using it.
The only ingredients listed on the face oil are:- jojoba oil, passion flower oil, calendula, bay, clary sage, neroli, geranium, patchouli and sandalwood. So, I'm pointing the finger at YSL. Mad
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks you all. At least I get symphathetic listening ears here...

Lianne and Toe, sorry to hear that you are going some mess yourselves. I am typing here with Phytomer Purifying Mask on my face - Mr Jenny is right beside me working on the other computer - I think I am past worrying about how he thinks I look now. I'd let you know how I work out the next weeks when some of the EDS stuff arrive...till then, let's keep our fingers crossed.

Mabsy, I have been good lately about the water. I will try your lemon juice idea. If anything, I heard it's good for detox.

Guapagirl, maybe it is the water...cos I love the travel but I usually end up with a mess when I get back. But, this time is especially bad cos I forgot my carefully packed skincare pouch and I end up with a few quick purchases at the airport to take me through the 10 days. I had it bad this time (sorry, whining again)

Hey, I meant to ask long time ago but forgot - what's MSM Embarassed ? Am I "blur" or what??

thanks all
Jenny
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:08 am      Reply with quote
It's a sulfur based vitamin supplement.

I've just started on it this past week as well.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |