Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Flex Effect Daily Time Investment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jen46
5% products discount

Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:55 am      Reply with quote
How much daily time is required in Flex Effect for a beginner?

After researching, FE seems to be one of the better programs. At the same time, if it's too time consuming, then I won't stick to it.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jen46,

At the beginner level and beyond, they have two options: there's a 12-minute routine and a 24-minute routine. You can select between the two, depending on how much time you have available. The only difference is the number of repetitions that you do for each exercise. There's more info on FlexEffect on the Tools and DIY section of EDS. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Jen I think its completely better to be upfront and honest and so I'd say the 12 minute timings and 24 minute timings aren't realistic for most beginners as you have to really know how to do the exercises before being in a position to use them. However, what I did find interesting was recently they did this blog post about starting out and recommended starting wtih a small number of exercises - say the first 10 and using them for a while until you really know them and how to do them correctly and then slowly adding them. If I didn't know better I swear they had spied on me when I done all the programs i have as I always start out that way. Picking one or two exercises, doing them for a while, and then adding the next few. That way you're never going to spend a huge amount of time (as there are other things you got to be doing like the rest of us). Think also that you got to make use of that forum as often times you can learn things from other posters about doing the exercises correctly that you might otherwise miss too.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Good point, TheresaMary. You'll only be able to do the 12-minute routine in 12 minutes (and so on) after you learn how to do the exercises. In the beginning, you'll be going significantly more slowly as you learn the exercises.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
jen - don't beat yourself up about facial exercises. I agree with previous posters - choose a favorite handful (I know that isn't going to be popular advice but it works for me) of exercises whether it is cheeks and lower face- whatever and get the hang of them. Add from there.
I do a 3 minute program in addition to a few other favs... My previous routine was doing 40 exercises from FE and followed this for a few years. I love some FE but now know what I need. In the beginning you need to feel the muscles and experience using them and over time you will come to your own place. Don't run away from doing them and don't overdo it so you burn out and you'll be fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone see this program taking longer than 30 minutes to do at the beginner level? I cant see myself doing facial exercises for longer than it takes to use my Lighstim?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Echo...

Claudia here from FE.

What you do is break it down.

Spend the amount of time you alot for yourself reviewing the DVD.

Pickup the next day where you left off.

Within a few weeks you will be able to follow along with the CD (you can download to an ipod... so you can mix up your routine even, if you like)

As you learn your practice, and your own facial structures, you will learn what might need tweaking in your routine. This is exactly what you'd do in a gym environment. FE is an extension of bodybuilding, and is really no different in that regard. You would be taught how to work all your muscles on the various machines. And as you determine how you respond you tweak your routine to your needs. You don't, for example, work your thighs until they look like they belong on a frog. You look in the mirror, and you make adjustments.

Just like you will find gym rats that don't think they've worked out unless they've been in there for 2 or more hours, you'll find the same with some facialbuilders. But you will also find many that figure out how to do what they need in under 20.

It really has much more to do with what you want to accomplish. What you NEED to do to reach such goals. And what you're willing to do for that. Basically, the ball is in your court.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:22 am      Reply with quote
If you start out with a few exercises at a time and learn them before proceeding to attempting the rest, then you can build up to the 12- or 24-minute workouts with going over 30 minutes. HTH Smile

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, i have just received the flexeffect DVD and book. I am 38 and have few lines and no sagging skin, my cheeks however are slightly sunken and i am starting to get signs of impending naso labial folding. I have a small baby so little time to do all the exercises, does anyone have any recommendations with regards to get the best possible outcome on say a 20 minute routine? THank you
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Rangs,

As a purchaser of FE, you are entitled to joing our private forum at http://www.flexeffectworkshop.proboards.com

Register with the same e-mail you used with purchase.

You can post pics, and cropped pics for privacy, and we'll help you tweak to your needs!

When you've got a new baby (I know how hard this is as I had 2 at the same time) you just take your time. It will all come!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Rangs wrote:
Hi, i have just received the flexeffect DVD and book. I am 38 and have few lines and no sagging skin, my cheeks however are slightly sunken and i am starting to get signs of impending naso labial folding. I have a small baby so little time to do all the exercises, does anyone have any recommendations with regards to get the best possible outcome on say a 20 minute routine? THank you

The 24-minute routine is 6 reps per exercise, so one option for getting to a 20-minute routine is to do 5 reps of each exercise (but then you couldn't use the CD). HTH Smile

Mon May 06, 2024 7:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |