Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Perfectcomplexion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I have a question..okay..the smart thing would have been to ask the question before ordering the product. yeah.. Embarassed okay..so has anyone ever ordered or heard anything good from the site perfect complexion dot net (i spelled it out cuz sometimes they erase the entire post when you put in the address as is)? the owners name is julie robins..and awhile back i had heard some good stuff about her products. especially the tca complex and some crystal microdermabrasion stuff. so i have like melasma and discoloration, and i am of an ethnic skintone (light brown)..but my melasma is a yucky (and i say yucky cuz its sooo off from my regular skintone..who wants to be two skintones?)..dark dark brown with some gray in it..ew. it might be due to hormones..and i am taking medication for that..but i got a tca peel done once, which actually kinda cleared it up a bit/in conjunction with some disgusting hydroquinone stuff..its called Glyquin. i have a feeling, if i had continued..it might have just faded out overtime. but it was sooo expensive, and even tho i can afford it..i feel like im just throwing money away at something i perhaps could do myself? well..ima chicken. so i need you guys to help me out..if you ever heard or used her products..or maybe something that u've used urself that has cleared up ur melasma? im not into hydroquinone...but i would still wanna hear ur imput. sometimes when people have luck with hydroquinone..it just inspires me to use it..but you know the long term risks..yada yada yada..dont need to explain that.
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
noone? hmph.
justjoan867

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used the product that you are asking about. However, I know exactly where you are coming from and am going to copy my reply to someone else's question regarding the OBAGI - It is expensive but MORE than worth it!!! Anyway, Here goes.....Hope this Helps...

I have been using the Obagi for about a year now. It was prescribed by my Dermatologist, as I began having acne, enlarged pores, blackheads etc...ALL This after never having any skin problems on this end of the spectrum - (I've had eczema my whole life and always used dry skin products) Along with that on the right side of my face, below my right cheek bone down to my jawline I had 15 - 20 brown spots which were a result of a 6 mo. Lupron treatment. (a hormone treatment for endometriosis) I wasn't even aware there was anything I could do about them.

I was a little hesitant at first to start when they told me about the beginning phases. I hated the beginning, but not as bad as I hated the acne! -

Now, I can't imagine not using it....I am 37 and look better than I did at 27. I have a 17 year old son and people have actually thought I was his girlfriend - NO LIE!!! (Not just on one occasion either) I've definitely tried other things (trying to save $ or thinking my skin was fine), but never again - every time I have tried something new - I regret it - my skin starts getting yuck again, then I have to start from scratch.

My skin cleared up, pores got smaller, spots are gone - The STUFF works!!!
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
hey i know judy very well she's a very sweet lady. even sent me a sample of her new hylauronic acid when it wasn't available. turned out it was a full size!

the TCA peel is great, gentle, you flake and peel (MUST WEAR SUNSCREEN AND DO NOT SCRUB) and your skin looks very nice. i still have it, but i dont use it very much because it's a hassle. i usually do it over a weekend because it does make your skin look very...dry and odd.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
You could start out with a 8% TCA and then move to 12.5% from Makeupartistschoice.com

Obagi is noted for being very good. I have 2 friends that swear by the system. The only reason I haven't done is it the downtime. The can really be bad peeling/red for 2 wks or so. No way going to work without makeup! Wink Call me vain!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
yeah i know what you mean red, i wear makeup everyday..i just wear it cuz after i apply my sunscreen..my face looks like a huge greaseball..and i need something to make it real matte. im gonna take ur and joans advice and look out for the obagi..alotta other people have mentioned it too. i guess maintaining it is the real problem..but thanks.

edenfield, have you used anything besides the tca..i ordered the APeel..which Julie actually told me to buy,rather then the TCA for some reason. but i have not heard too much about it. thanks guys Very Happy
lavern12

Sun May 13, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Melasmaisew wrote:
I have a question..okay..the smart thing would have been to ask the question before ordering the product. yeah.. Embarassed okay..so has anyone ever ordered or heard anything good from the site perfect complexion dot net (i spelled it out cuz sometimes they erase the entire post when you put in the address as is)? the owners name is julie robins..and awhile back i had heard some good stuff about her products. especially the tca complex and some crystal microdermabrasion stuff. so i have like melasma and discoloration, and i am of an ethnic skintone (light brown)..but my melasma is a yucky (and i say yucky cuz its sooo off from my regular skintone..who wants to be two skintones?)..dark dark brown with some gray in it..ew. it might be due to hormones..and i am taking medication for that..but i got a tca peel done once, which actually kinda cleared it up a bit/in conjunction with some disgusting hydroquinone stuff..its called Glyquin. i have a feeling, if i had continued..it might have just faded out overtime. but it was sooo expensive, and even tho i can afford it..i feel like im just throwing money away at something i perhaps could do myself? well..ima chicken. so i need you guys to help me out..if you ever heard or used her products..or maybe something that u've used urself that has cleared up ur melasma? im not into hydroquinone...but i would still wanna hear ur imput. sometimes when people have luck with hydroquinone..it just inspires me to use it..but you know the long term risks..yada yada yada..dont need to explain that.

I have not used any of her produces but I just email her on her ebay site about a produce she has. To my amazement she told me that her produces would not help with my needs, and then told me what to do and the produces I needed, which was not her's. What a shock to find a honest & truthful person, not just trying to make a profit. You can bet that I will go back to her after I do what she said
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the tca peel, apeel correct and the SA 18% and love them. She was also very nice and helpful Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
there is quiet a bit of info on her products in the diy section......hope that helps
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have recently purchased a number of her products, but no peels. There are a number of posts on her products throughout the forum. Good luck finding the info you need.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
hey i know judy very well she's a very sweet lady. even sent me a sample of her new hylauronic acid when it wasn't available. turned out it was a full size!

the TCA peel is great, gentle, you flake and peel (MUST WEAR SUNSCREEN AND DO NOT SCRUB) and your skin looks very nice. i still have it, but i dont use it very much because it's a hassle. i usually do it over a weekend because it does make your skin look very...dry and odd.

Apparently not THAT well. Her name is Julie Laughing

There have been a number of posts about Julie's products, Melasmaisew. If you use the search feature they should come up for you. There is also lots of info about the line on the Skin Interactive board.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Julie's HA Soylift is a great product, for me the soylift has greatly firm my eye areas and improve my NB lines. But not so much on my frown lines. Actually,there is not much one can do with prominent frown lines by just using topicals. I am currently waiting for her peels product to arrive at my doorstep.

I do use the soylift on my eyelids. Nowadays, i have found that my eyes sort of "open up" , when I see myself in the mirror after makeup, it's like seeing myself sometimes 10 years back. No kidding, nowadays, i like "me" more than anytime. Confidence again.. Anyone out there has the same result after suing her products?

Julie is a very generous lady and very prompt with orders. Cheers, JUlie.I like your products.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Oops, sorry, 6th line- "using" not "suing".
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |