Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:04 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
It's official, I am the slowest user of the ReAura, haha. I'm on treatment number 9, 7 more to go. Once a week treatment is best for me since I get way to red and get so many brown specks that it takes a full week or more to go away.

My kids have spring break coming up, I'll squeeze in 2 treatments that week. I just wish my skin was up to 2 a week but nope but that's okay. I still love this device. Smile

No you're not! I only did 3 treatments, then had to take a break for work travel, had company, and then got sick! Now that I have had a 3 week break, I am finally starting back up again, lol.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany. I am hoping to try it all out tonight or tomorrow. Will report back on how the 1st treatment goes!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
For those who PM'd me about wanting to buy a ReAura, there is one up on ebid right now from my favorite seller. The unit has already arrived in the US, so you won't have to pay any customs duties or sales tax.

Please note: he would prefer to not ship outside the US for this sale.

And it looks like it is now SOLD.

I'll let everyone know when he gets more.

I confess...I'd seen it a couple of days earlier and finally decided to go for it. Now eagerly awaiting delivery!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
For those who PM'd me about wanting to buy a ReAura, there is one up on ebid right now from my favorite seller. The unit has already arrived in the US, so you won't have to pay any customs duties or sales tax.

Please note: he would prefer to not ship outside the US for this sale.

And it looks like it is now SOLD.

I'll let everyone know when he gets more.

I confess...I'd seen it a couple of days earlier and finally decided to go for it. Now eagerly awaiting delivery!!

I hope you love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I had an interesting experience tonight. I have been pretty sick, and didn't feel up to tackling a whole face treatment so I decided to hit a couple of problem spots with an extra "concentrated" treatment of a few passes over those spots.

The result: blood spots, which I was not expecting from a home laser. We'll see what things look like tomorrow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I had an interesting experience tonight. I have been pretty sick, and didn't feel up to tackling a whole face treatment so I decided to hit a couple of problem spots with an extra "concentrated" treatment of a few passes over those spots.

The result: blood spots, which I was not expecting from a home laser. We'll see what things look like tomorrow.

When you say concentrated treatment, how many passes over the same spot did you do? Did the chime go off or did you just do a few passes then turn the laser off? Hope it looks ok in the morning.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I was all excited to try it tonight but then I read the info and it said do not use if you've had filler or botox in the past 2 weeks. I just did so that means I have to wait 2 weeks. Maybe I will start my arms though tomorrow. But face is going to be not for a bit! Crying or Very sad
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had what sounds like a fan inside the ReAura start up during the treatment? I was on the 4th zone when this happened.

I hope your skin looks better tomorrow Bethany. I'm also wondering how many passes you did on each spot. I've counted 4 passes over each spot vertically and 3 or 4 horizontally during my average treatment, so I wouldn't have thought you'd get a reaction like that unless there were many passes. Maybe it was the fact that you weren't feeling well???
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Has anyone had what sounds like a fan inside the ReAura start up during the treatment? I was on the 4th zone when this happened.

The fan is meant to come on so the laser doesn't get too hot if you are doing multiple areas. Your ReAura is fine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I just googled the main ingredients of the gel and it's Caprylic Capric Triglycerides. Seems you can buy this stuff here: makingcosmetics (dot) com/Triglyceride-p181.html
If you then go to this page ingredientstodiefor (dot) com/item/_I_N_/464 you can read about it and note:
ATTRIBUTES

Suitable Replacement for Partially or Completely Unstable Vegetable Oils
Improves Feel and Spreadability of Emulsions
Improves the Stability of Natural Compositions
Excellent Carrier for Oil Infusions / Extractions
Suitable Carrier for Essential Oils
Solvent for Oil Soluble Actives
Virtually Unlimited Shelf Life
Solvent for UV Filters
[color=red]Very High Polarity[/color]
Oil Substitute

(note you can buy the stuff here too!)

I guess the HIGH POLARITY might be what's important about it. I'm thinking of buying some of this and mixing with a little glycerine and some of the other ingredients on the box. Make my own gel.

Won't let me post the website so I put (dot) in where the '.' should be. Very Happy
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I have continued my experiment using glycerin in stead of laser gel and have now done two complete treatments (face, neck, chest and arms).

It works VERY WELL. I am able to get a continual green light during passes and the results seem just the same, not burned or untreated. I also like the fact that in another age this was a skin treatment - my mom used to use rosewater and glycerin as a hand lotion.

It is also readily available at the pharmacy and inexpensive - around $5 bottle. I would like to suggest to those of you who are budget concious and familiar with your laser to try at least a partial treatment using glycerin to see if you can discern a difference in performance from the very expensive Philips laser gel.

I am thrilled to find a substitute as the cost and shipping for the philips product is high for those of us in Canada.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 am      Reply with quote
what is the brand name of the product you use mismis?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, I get those blood spots too. Now I'm wondering because I am petite, small face, that I'm doing too much of a treatment (too many passes over the same area).
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:52 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf/Bethany

I too get those blood spots on occasion. Are yours small pin head size? They go after a few days. I've never worried about them as i'm pretty sure they're part of the skin resurfacing/renewing. I've had them in random places each time too, which further reassures me.
Tracey
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just got generic pharmacy brand. It is called glycerin USP. Label says for the treatment of dry skin and minor burns. I understand there is also a food grade glycerin but since I am not eating it . . . about $5.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mismis
Thanks so much for sharing that info. I was thinking maybe I'd also order some of the Caprylic Capric Triglycerides and add the glycerin as it's pretty cheap just to see what the difference might be. Meanwhile I'll just use the glycerin.

I'm curious about the after care cream if there is anything special in that or if you can just ice your face and then use a heavy duty moisturizer that you like?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
All,

I did at least 10 passes (or more) Shock and really don't recommend it, lol.

I ended up with the blood pinpricks all over, but also a very ugly inflamed/swollen area that I hit particularly hard with the laser.

Hopefully it will just resolve normally and I won't have any PIH. I did put some tamanu oil on it, and that has helped a bit with the pain.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany you will probably be ok but it may take time. I accidentally burned my self doing a glycolic treatment. left it on longer than I should have. I was swollen and red for a week. Look normal eventually. Just let everything settle and don't do anything for a while to be safe
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I don't do a lot aftercare, except if I need to look good in the next 12 hours. I really like the Philips aftercare, but I do not think I will buy again. I will just use Protect and restore, because it works for me, and I do think it helps with collagen production.

Interestingly, a friend of mine who is a retired surgeon bought the Tria when he saw my B/A photos. He called me yesterday to say that his actinic keratosis had receded about 60%, and he felt that he would have had a better result if he had not used steriod cream for the first few weeks to bring down the inflammation. He now uses petroleum jelly to moisturise and that's it.

In other threads there has been some discussion about interrupting the healing cascade and the wisdom of doing so. I think my friend has decided there is no wisdom in ameliorating that inflamation and now just moisturises with whatever works for him. When you think of it other therapies, like PRP have a period of strong inflammation before the genesis of new tissue. . .

So I would say, experiment. We are not all the same.

What I do know is that the ReAura works really well for my issues and I am very grateful for that.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Very true Mismis, we are all different so it's going to be experimenting indeed. I do like my aquaphor so will have that on hand! Thanks again for your info!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
aquaphor is exactly what was applied after my many expensive professional fraxel treatments . .
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I was seeing Dr.Geronomus in NYC for fraxel and he told me about using the Aquaphor and I like it.

I've been using the Baby Q for about 6 months now on my hands and forearms and then before bed putting on the aquaphor. Really had improvement so figured I'll do the same with the reaura.

My only question is still how I'm going to use my retin a. Dr. G always said no retin a one month either side of the fraxel. This is going to be tricky with the reaura!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Interestingly, a friend of mine who is a retired surgeon bought the Tria when he saw my B/A photos. He called me yesterday to say that his actinic keratosis had receded about 60%, and he felt that he would have had a better result if he had not used steriod cream for the first few weeks to bring down the inflammation. He now uses petroleum jelly to moisturise and that's it.

In other threads there has been some discussion about interrupting the healing cascade and the wisdom of doing so. I think my friend has decided there is no wisdom in ameliorating that inflamation and now just moisturises with whatever works for him. When you think of it other therapies, like PRP have a period of strong inflammation before the genesis of new tissue. . .

I totally agree with not interrupting the wound healing cascade during the initial stages.

I would suggest that anyone thinking otherwise first read about the steps in the wound healing cascade in some of the dermarolling studies since the ReAura is wounding the skin in the same manner as a roller (just with laser instead of needles). Then decide if you want to do ice packs, LEDs, etc. to reduce inflammation right after a ReAura treatment.

After you are fully informed, then make whatever decision that you feel is best for you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 am      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:

My only question is still how I'm going to use my retin a. Dr. G always said no retin a one month either side of the fraxel. This is going to be tricky with the reaura!

I just did a little research, and it looks like using Retin A before/after a Fraxel treatment can make your skin more sensitive to the laser, and possibly delay healing. Most doctors seem to recommend 7-10 days off both before and after a laser treatment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany for confirming that. Which means we probably should not be using it again till after we are on the maintanace, after the 8 weeks. It would also mean, if we were using the reaura say once a month after the initial 8 week cycle for maintanance, we may only get to use it maybe 2 weeks out of the month.

The big question---Wonder if it's worth using Retin A at all then?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |