Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Bethany, would you recommend CeraVe AM SPF 30 day lotion? It has ceramides and niacinamide and hyaluronic acid in it. Those aid in repairing skin barrier, right?

EC, You need to make sure it has ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acids. All 3 are necessary. I am not really familiar with CeraVe, but would read the info below and see what comparable ingredients it has.

Here is a clinical study on the need for all 3 ingredients:

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v106/n5/pdf/5610523a.pdf

And a study for the product I am using:

http://www.epionce.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/10_ClinicalStudy_EpionceSuperiorinCutaneousHealing.pdf

Btw, use of a sunscreen after Reaura is critical, which I am sure you know!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I am listening to a recorded radio show on how a damaged skin barrier is really the primary cause of visible aging, and once I finish I will post the link for you.

Here is the radio show....very good info, and easier to digest for people who don't like to read clinical studies. It does contain the needed ratios of cholesterol, ceramides, and free fatty acids if you are comparing various products. Lots of info on inflammation too.

Inside Cosmetic Surgery Today – Skin Aging: Causes, Prevention, Reversal: Dr Lycka & Dr Thornfeldt

http://webtalkradio.net/internet-talk-radio/2012/03/19/inside-cosmetic-surgery-today-–-skin-aging-causes-prevention-reversal-dr-lycka-dr-thornfeldt/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:03 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
FYI that after finally getting my skin barrier repaired after 4 weeks of ReAura treatments on my hands/arms in February, I finally noticed that they are looking pretty darn good. Especially the tops of my hands...yay!

I forgot to mention that I saw my picky, beauty-obsessed sister for dinner tonight, and she said my arms and hands looked perfect...not bad for only doing half of the recommended treatment cycle. This was definitely a worthwhile purchase.

I think it's time to start another ReAura series on my face!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I finished a round of reaura on decolletage about 4 weeks ago and it is only in the past week that the skin has stabilised and now looks nice. I fed it with lots of Nia24 during recovery time.
It's a relief when the pink dry quality shifts and healthy skin is reestablished.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:57 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I finished a round of reaura on decolletage about 4 weeks ago and it is only in the past week that the skin has stabilised and now looks nice. I fed it with lots of Nia24 during recovery time.
It's a relief when the pink dry quality shifts and healthy skin is reestablished.

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one with delayed reactions!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Yes! I wanted to let you know!

The most sun damaged areas of my skin look awful while, and just after I'm treating. My cheeks and chin look fine, but forehead and decolletage...hard work to keep exfoliating the peeling and hydrating the extreme dryness and covering up the redness.

But it's so worth it, isn't it. I'm taking august off but will start again in september.

My very sun damaged decoll is looking presentable ish for the first time in a few years. I have three marks left.

Civatte on neck down by about 85% to no longer noticeable.

Forehead freckles gone.

I started this week using elizabeth arden ceramide capsules on decollage to feed it,and some rosehip oil. I really feel it needs deep feeding.

I havent even begun on my hands and arms yet!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:19 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Yes! I wanted to let you know!

The most sun damaged areas of my skin look awful while, and just after I'm treating. My cheeks and chin look fine, but forehead and decolletage...hard work to keep exfoliating the peeling and hydrating the extreme dryness and covering up the redness.

But it's so worth it, isn't it. I'm taking august off but will start again in september.

My very sun damaged decoll is looking presentable ish for the first time in a few years. I have three marks left.

Civatte on neck down by about 85% to no longer noticeable.

Forehead freckles gone.

I started this week using elizabeth arden ceramide capsules on decollage to feed it,and some rosehip oil. I really feel it needs deep feeding.

I havent even begun on my hands and arms yet!

Wow...those sound like great results, especially with the Civatte, which I have heard is hard to treat.

And I totally agree on the deep feeding...I was floored at how bad my arms looked for so long afterwards, and frankly have been scared to do my face again. But I just need to get over it and start, even if it means I can only tolerate 1 treatment a week since my skin is so darn sensitive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes..with the uglies here I feel confident I can restabilise, and see an improvement. With cp uglies I felt just lost and groping around, wondering why I was experimenting with something so important..so I stopped using cp's facially.

I agree it is a bit "grit your teeth and just start" with the reaura. This is why I think it is not a tool everyone could use, and some lightly used ones are starting to appear on ebay, I notice. Wink

Glad your sister gave you such positive feedback. It helps, doesnt it. I have had a few compliments from discerning girlfriends and that helps me to
keep propelling forward on this, too.

Yay for us Bethany that we are getting the results we want.

Good luck with your next round. Smile
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm not surprised about the ReAura on Ebay. Right now I have a bad case of the uglies from my last session (lots of blood spots). My nose in particular looks like I was in some sort of fight, haha. I was aggressive on my nose this last time because the nose is always a pain to treat and I have very dark age spots right on the bridge of my nose. Then it didn't help that my 10 month old son grabbed my cheek with sharp finger nails. I look a bit of a mess but it'll heal.

I may have to cut this round of treatments out for awhile though because I am making an appointment to get an exam for LASIK. So excited about it! Smile
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for clarifying that and for the link as well.

It's my impression from all that I am reading that barrier maintenance and inflammation reduction are the current and emerging hot topics in skincare...

Epionce has been a leader in this regard, but I am hopeful we can find equally effective topicals in order to have other choices...

Thanks again, BFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Thank you for clarifying that and for the link as well.

It's my impression from all that I am reading that barrier maintenance and inflammation reduction are the current and emerging hot topics in skincare...

Epionce has been a leader in this regard, but I am hopeful we can find equally effective topicals in order to have other choices...

Thanks again, BFG

I agree on all counts. Keep me posted if you find any other lines with clinicals behind them...I would love to have some other options as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yay for great results! Thank you Bethany for that fantastic info. It is pertinent to everyone, and very much so to me. I have discovered my need for barrier protection more and more as I have incorporated dermarolling and different products into my skin care, and it will no doubt be of absolute necessity after Reaura.

Do you intend to use the barrier repair during treatment,or only after in case it interferes with the controlled inflammation process? I know last time you used the reaura aftercare.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Did my third treatment right after work (about 5 hrs ago).

I REALLY got the hang of using it. I can do each zone in less than 5 minutes it feels. I'm going to time it next time. I'm getting better at the horizontal strokes. Those were more difficult for me to do steadily, at first.

Face got pretty red this time, more so than my last treatment. Face is still pretty red but I'm sure will be gone by morning. I think the biggest change I can see so far is more even looking color in my skin and less overall redness once the redness from the treatment subsides.

Can't believe my next treatment will mark 1/4 of the 8 weeks. Just 13 more treatments haha.

Again no complaints about this thing. I love how I'm secretly giving myself a low level dose of fraxel sitting in my bedroom.
grandmajuju
5% products discount

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:23 am      Reply with quote
OMG this is 2200$?
Is it really worth it Shock Confused
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:31 am      Reply with quote
grandmajuju wrote:
OMG this is 2200$?
Is it really worth it Shock Confused

I paid $1,600.00 and I feel it was worth it, thus far. It's gives results.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Epionce has been a leader in this regar reduction d, but I am hopeful we can find equally effective topicals in order to have other choices...

Thanks again, BFG

What about Skin Actives Every Lipid Serum? - I've ordered it.
http://www.skinactives.com/ELS-Serum-Every-Lipid-Serum-with-Ceramide.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

Epionce has been a leader in this regar reduction d, but I am hopeful we can find equally effective topicals in order to have other choices...

Thanks again, BFG

What about Skin Actives Every Lipid Serum? - I've ordered it.
http://www.skinactives.com/ELS-Serum-Every-Lipid-Serum-with-Ceramide.html

I have this and like it. It does contain all 3 required elements to repair the skin barrier, though I don't know if they are in the correct proportions or not. But overall I really enjoyed using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
Yay for great results! Thank you Bethany for that fantastic info. It is pertinent to everyone, and very much so to me. I have discovered my need for barrier protection more and more as I have incorporated dermarolling and different products into my skin care, and it will no doubt be of absolute necessity after Reaura.

Do you intend to use the barrier repair during treatment,or only after in case it interferes with the controlled inflammation process? I know last time you used the reaura aftercare.

I am going to use the Epionce products instead since I have a boatload of them, sigh. Darn those 25% off sales! I will probably use the ReAura Aftercare on my arms though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yowza! Just did my first ReAura treatment since Feb, and went straight for Level 3 on my face. I forgot how much this stings!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've now ditched the ReAura gel in favour of Glycerine - it works so much better!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've now ditched the ReAura gel in favour of Glycerine - it works so much better!!!

I will definitely buy this when I run out!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I used glycerine on my husbands arms (didn't want to waste good skin care on those!). It worked perfectly.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I need some help...

I'm doing level 3 and I've been getting lots of blood spots, more redness, etc. Basically looking pretty bad even over the next 2-3 days after.

So I'm thinking of maybe doing just one to two passes per area. Or should I just drop back down to level 2?

My face is petite so maybe I'm going over the same areas way too many times... Sad

Anyone have any advice?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:23 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I need some help...

I'm doing level 3 and I've been getting lots of blood spots, more redness, etc. Basically looking pretty bad even over the next 2-3 days after.

So I'm thinking of maybe doing just one to two passes per area. Or should I just drop back down to level 2?

My face is petite so maybe I'm going over the same areas way too many times... Sad

Anyone have any advice?

Hmm, did you do a full 8 week session on low, or did you switch halfway through the treatment?

I am currently 2 weeks in on level 2, I had planned on switching to level 3 once the first 4 weeks are over, but maybe I'll just do the whole first 8-week session on 2. Last night I did my 4th treatment right before bed. Woke up, skin looks great, no redness, maybe a light pink overall complexion. But I've never had a problem with redness lasting days from this thing.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I need some help...

Anyone have any advice?

I am on day 2 of redness and swelling myself. Based on what I have been reading about heat making certain types of pigmentation worse, I think I am going to cut back to Level 2 myself.

I think you just have to find what works best for you...there is no need to necessarily suffer looking like crap every day of the week since you can repeat the cycles as many times as you want. I checked the manual, and both level 2 and level 3 hit the dermis. So I would drop back to 2 and see how that works for you.

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sc5000_00/sc5000_00_dfu_eng.pdf

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |