Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
MaryClaire wrote:

Since the Reaura is fraxel and fraxel is similiar to dermarolling, would dermarolling be too much of the same thing?

Personally I think they are very similar. I plan to give my skin a rest after the Reaura for 8 weeks, just adding back Retin A.

I think a few others have rolled in between treatment cycles and can chime in.

If you do a roll or TCA, I'd wait about 4 weeks after the last Reaura treatment. You don't want to keep your skin in a state of constant inflammation.

I did two treatments with the MyM DermaPen after the first round of 8 ReAura treatments. I think Bethany said that she had read somewhere that a doctor recommended doing a roll two weeks after a Fraxel Laser - but I could mistaken on this.

I'm going to do another DermaPen treatment after this round of 8 ReAuras. But I don't particularly like recommending what I do as I'm a bit "gung ho"!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:
MaryClaire wrote:

Since the Reaura is fraxel and fraxel is similiar to dermarolling, would dermarolling be too much of the same thing?

Personally I think they are very similar. I plan to give my skin a rest after the Reaura for 8 weeks, just adding back Retin A.

I think a few others have rolled in between treatment cycles and can chime in.

If you do a roll or TCA, I'd wait about 4 weeks after the last Reaura treatment. You don't want to keep your skin in a state of constant inflammation.

I did two treatments with the MyM DermaPen after the first round of 8 ReAura treatments. I think Bethany said that she had read somewhere that a doctor recommended doing a roll two weeks after a Fraxel Laser - but I could mistaken on this.

I'm going to do another DermaPen treatment after this round of 8 ReAuras. But I don't particularly like recommending what I do as I'm a bit "gung ho"!

I did read that in Dr. S' dermarolling book.

I recently finished some ReAura treatments, have waited 2 weeks, am now doing a derma pen treatment this weekend, and then will take 6 to 8 weeks off from all treatments. I will start with anti-inflammatory products 1 week after the derma pen treatment, and completely agree with not keeping your skin in an inflammatory state on an ongoing basis. That is how acute inflammation turns into damaging chronic inflammation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have not been using my baby Q since doing my 1st Four Reaura treatment but going to try to get one night in at least doing that. thinking maybe it will help also heal the skin. Anyone else using the baby q on alternate nights?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:56 am      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
I have not been using my baby Q since doing my 1st Four Reaura treatment but going to try to get one night in at least doing that. thinking maybe it will help also heal the skin. Anyone else using the baby q on alternate nights?

The question would be: Does the LED compromise/negate the healing cascade of the laser? I'm really on the fence about this. I did find this comment though:

Quote:
In addition, they have shown that combining Fraxel re:store laser treatment with GentleWaves LED treatment leads to fewer side effects and shorter healing times.
http://www.skinlaser.com/cosmetic-procedures-washington-dc/fraxel-skin-rejuvenation-washington-dc/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
nylongirl wrote:

The question would be: Does the LED compromise/negate the healing cascade of the laser? I'm really on the fence about this. I did find this comment though:

Quote:
In addition, they have shown that combining Fraxel re:store laser treatment with GentleWaves LED treatment leads to fewer side effects and shorter healing times.
http://www.skinlaser.com/cosmetic-procedures-washington-dc/fraxel-skin-rejuvenation-washington-dc/

I have used my LightStim the next night after a ReAura session. PQ suggested it. I don't know if it helps but it hasn't hurt me. I do think if you skin is already dry from the ReAura then an LED device might make it drier. This is something to think about depending on your skin. Also somewhere on this thread someone asked ReAura about using LED and I am pretty sure they said not to but it could just be a CYA thing. They also said not to use Vit C and I've had no problems with that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
nylongirl wrote:

Quote:

The IR element of the Baby Q directly heals the area you are destroying, so they work in unison.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
The IR element of the Baby Q directly heals the area you are destroying, so they work in unison.

I think Bethany would say that doing anything which interferes with the wound healing cascade is counterproductive. (Hopefully, she'll chime in here). I know that she doesn't recommend using LED with dermarolling.

As I said, I'm on the fence about it - I have used LED with both dermarolling and the ReAura - how do we know that it doesn't just speed up the whole process. Until there are some definitive clinical studies done, how can we know for sure?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Just adding that there is even new info emerging regarding the differences between embryonic wound healing and adult wound healing and which adult protocols might be best to mimic.

More later, bFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

I think Bethany would say that doing anything which interferes with the wound healing cascade is counterproductive. (Hopefully, she'll chime in here). I know that she doesn't recommend using LED with dermarolling.

As I said, I'm on the fence about it - I have used LED with both dermarolling and the ReAura - how do we know that it doesn't just speed up the whole process. Until there are some definitive clinical studies done, how can we know for sure?

I don't think we really know at this point. But based on the importance of inflammation in the initial wound healing cascade, I choose to let it do it's thing for a couple of days before I apply anything anti-inflammatory. But that is just me, and everyone should do whatever their research or beliefs say is best for them. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:23 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

I don't think we really know at this point. But based on the importance of inflammation in the initial wound healing cascade, I choose to let it do it's thing for a couple of days before I apply anything anti-inflammatory. But that is just me, and everyone should do whatever their research or beliefs say is best for them. Smile

I agree, but I have seen on one of the medical research journal databases at Uni, there is evidence that using IR LED in combination with ablative/non ablative laser treatments is a proven protocol, that is why I have mentioned it in the past, I will try and find the source and publish the link. I think it was linked to some research in partnership with Omnilux.

pQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

It is worth looking at the work and comments by a medic - at this site:

http://www.glowyogasf.com/#!light-therapy/c1tzi

Skin Rejuvenation
​
​Light Therapy uses red light to heal, renew and rejuvenate. LED treatments are now widely popular in dermatology for multiple conditions as an anti-aging and acne therapy, Rosacea, Psoriasis, stretch and scar marks. Red light therapy is used to reverse sun damage and improve moisture balance of your skin. Intense red light helps increase flow of blood, oxygen and nutrients, reducing cellulite and improving skin's firmness and elasticity over your entire body! Red light waves boost metabolism rate in any live cell its applied to, greatly accelerating recovery process. Medical studies found that under red light open wounds heal 200% faster! Working similarly to the way that photosynthesis works in plants, the light jump starts the cellular activity and produces ATP (that transforms energy within cells) which is then carried to cells and tissue to begin rejuvenation. Red light fuels cell renewal, stimulates collagen production and improves skin tone and texture, controls pigmentation spots, reduces wrinkles and encourages vibrant, healthier looking skin.​

​Pain & Inflammation Management​

The red and far infrared light spectrum also has amazing anti-inflammatory and pain relieving qualities, important reasons for its use in the medical field. Light photons penetrate your skin increasing blood circulation, decreasing tension in muscles and muscle spasms. The light together with heat triggers acupuncture points, stabilizes the nervous system, allergies and even proved to be effective for seasonal affected disorder improving your mood! Red light is generally used for inflammatory conditions like bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis and pain control for low back pain, neck pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, tennis & golfer’s elbow, post-herpetic neuralgia and more. Light therapy is a safe alternative to any medications for pain management.​

Summary of Medical Studies

Dr. Robert Calderhead, DrMedSci, FRSM, medical advisor to Photo therapeutics states “When effective wavelengths are aimed at the photobiomodulation zone, skin cells remain alive and unharmed, but they receive an energy boost from the direct, a thermal exchange of energy between photons and cell components. This can help repair damaged cells. The 640nm is the most commonly used wavelength for skin rejuvenation.”

Dr. Mary Dyson at Guy's Hospital in London, England showed that “red light collagen lamps at 633nm increased the synthesis of fibroblast growth factor from macrophage cells.”

Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City combined blue and red light therapy with collagen lamps with Microdermabrasion on 22 subjects with mild to severe facial acne vulgaris. Subjects were given eight (Cool twenty (20) minute sessions, twice a week, alternating between blue and red light with collagen lamps, subjects were also given microdermabrasion before each session. The lesion count was reduced by 46% at four (4) weeks, and by 81% at twelve (12) weeks.

Dr. Mitchell Chasin, Medical Director of Reflections Center for Skin and Body in Livingston, New Jersey states “with LED you will see a decrease in postoperative redness.”

Dr. Mitchell Goldman, clinical professor of dermatology at the University of California San Diego and medical director at La Jolla Spa MD, La Jolla, CA states “LED treatments work well after any procedure that causes erythema (redness) and irritation, including chemical peels, lasers and IPL.

Dr. Tina Alster of the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery, Washington DC, states “ LED treatments used with Fraxel laser, show a reduction in healing time of as much as 50%.” Thirteen (13) subjects with fine lines, wrinkles and photodamage, received nine (9) 20 minute treatments over a five (5) week period. Sun damage at six (6) weeks the majority displayed a 25-50% improvement at twelve (12) weeks: 91% reported enhanced smoothness. JPhotobiology, April 2007
Seventy-six (76) subjects were divided into four (4) groups. Treatments were given twice a week for four (4) weeks. Researchers measured the skin for elasticity and melanin during the treatment period and for three (3) months following the treatments. Results showed a significant reduction of wrinkles (maximum 36%) and an increase of skin elasticity (maximum 19%). There was a marked increase in the amount of collagen and elastin fibers with highly activated fibroblast cells.

Dr. Harry T. Whelan, Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics and Hyperbaric Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, found that diabetic skin ulcers and other wounds healed much faster when exposed to LEDs. Lab research has shown that the LEDs also grow human muscle and skin cells up to five (5) times faster than normal. The study, funded by NASA will examine the effects on diabetic skin ulcers, serious burns and flesh wounds caused by radiation and chemotherapy treatments.

Dr. Whelan also states “The near-infrared light emitted by these LEDs seems to be perfect for increasing energy inside cells. LEDs boost energy to the cells and accelerate healing.”

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that info PQ - it's good to know that some doctors are recommending the use of LED along with laser treatments.

There is definitely no doubt in my mind that LED treatments speed up healing - but we've had it drilled into us by Drs. Fernandez and Setterfield that nothing should be done to interfere with the wound healing cascade - that's why it's confusing.

Anyway, for the record, I'm happy to keep up the LED treatments - and I'm also trying to do two ultrasound treatments in between the laser sessions to increase topical absorption whilst the skin barrier is compromised.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Thanks for that info PQ - it's good to know that some doctors are recommending the use of LED along with laser treatments.

There is definitely no doubt in my mind that LED treatments speed up healing - but we've had it drilled into us by Drs. Fernandez and Setterfield that nothing should be done to interfere with the wound healing cascade - that's why it's confusing.

Anyway, for the record, I'm happy to keep up the LED treatments - and I'm also trying to do two ultrasound treatments in between the laser sessions to increase topical absorption whilst the skin barrier is compromised.

I am searching over lunch at work, to see if I can find the academic paper, but they have changed the journal search engine, it keeps coming up with papers on how to manage IR and Plant Growth Management, so will keep going.

Another thought, is as we age, the ability out body has to repair reduces, and can take more time.

We also have to consider: have we enough ATP/Collagen building nutrients in our bodies to enable a rapid, quality replacement of the collagen.

So, I think it is worth thinking about diet, IR as an aid and possible supplements to enable the body to repair the damage we are creating by using the fraxel laser. All of this is much more appealing than surgery or giving into not looking our best, because we are worth it javascript:emoticon Very Happy

Will keep searching for us on the database.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Would you use RED or GREEN or both lights?

I do remember after having a fraxel treatment last year with Dr. Geronomous in NYC that he used some flashing light on my face for about 30 seconds right after the fraxel treatment. But I guess that's not the same type of light.

Appreciate all the feed back. I know that that I had been doing Red and then Green light on my melasma and it really helped fade it over the past 6 months. I've stopped since doing the Reaura but now maybe I'll try to get in once a week.
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:34 am      Reply with quote
My first post. Have just bought the reaura on my holiday in the uk. My question is: can I still use my LCL portable High Frequency concurrently with reaura? Ditto my Facemaster (electrocurrent), or my red light therapy?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Billybob wrote:
My first post. Have just bought the reaura on my holiday in the uk. My question is: can I still use my LCL portable High Frequency concurrently with reaura? Ditto my Facemaster (electrocurrent), or my red light therapy?

In a word, yes.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so I have just finished the second treatment with my reaura, but noticed the next day with my super magnifying mirror that I seem to have developed tiny teeny black specks on my cheek bones. They are not blackheads (even at 53 I get badly congested pores and the odd pimple - wrinkles and pimples: I know a blackhead!) They are easily disguised with foundation, but I was wondering if this is a normal reaction. If so anyone able to tell me whats going on?
Other than that, pain tolerable set at 3. I am as always, hoping to see a reduction in pore size and clarity, soften my smoker lip lines, and reduce the gauntness on my face. Time will tell.
Would be grateful for any advice.
Cheers m'dears
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Billybob wrote:
Okay, so I have just finished the second treatment with my reaura, but noticed the next day with my super magnifying mirror that I seem to have developed tiny teeny black specks on my cheek bones. They are not blackheads (even at 53 I get badly congested pores and the odd pimple - wrinkles and pimples: I know a blackhead!) They are easily disguised with foundation, but I was wondering if this is a normal reaction. If so anyone able to tell me whats going on?
Other than that, pain tolerable set at 3. I am as always, hoping to see a reduction in pore size and clarity, soften my smoker lip lines, and reduce the gauntness on my face. Time will tell.
Cheers m'dears

The laser works by puncturing the skin (similar to a Dermaroller) - so what you are probably seeing is tiny pin pricks of blood left by the laser. Don't worry, these will all disappear.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Billybob wrote:
Cheers m'dears

Hi Billybob, the brown specs on your face are sun damage coming to the surface and breaking apart. If you have a chance to read this thread most if not all your questions will be answered. There is a ton of information on the ReAura.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Thank you cookied and keilu,
what a relief! Black micro dots normal, freak out stabilised!
In my earlier post i had questioned the use of red light therapy along with reaura - apparently okay. However, I then read that light therapy breaks down scarring significantly. Its my understanding that (like derma rolling) the laser actually wounds the underlying tissue, creating scarring and forcing collagen to repair the wounding, hopefully creating a mantle, and more collagen. Thus, wouldn't that counter indicate the use of red light?
Any insight valued.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Billybob wrote:
Thank you cookied and keilu,
what a relief! Black micro dots normal, freak out stabilised!
In my earlier post i had questioned the use of red light therapy along with reaura - apparently okay. However, I then read that light therapy breaks down scarring significantly. Its my understanding that (like derma rolling) the laser actually wounds the underlying tissue, creating scarring and forcing collagen to repair the wounding, hopefully creating a mantle, and more collagen. Thus, wouldn't that counter indicate the use of red light?
Any insight valued.

Billybob, they are lots of different views point on the topic of post fractional laser healing and the use of Red and Infra-red light. I have extensively around the subject. There is a huge resource on EDS with the pros/cons of using LED and healing. In my humble opinion, I personally would use red and infra-red treatments, post laser and dermaroller, but we are all different.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 am      Reply with quote
A couple of you good people mentioned you had tried the ReAura device under the immediate eye area. Did anyone continue and get positive results? Did you spend less time on the area? Thank you!

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I have just finished 8 week treatment of hands and forearms and I seem to have lost fat in the hands-they appear more wrinkly than before I begun with thinner skin.I didn't have much sun damage or any brown spots so no difference there.Has anyone else noticed any volume loss with the reaura?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:46 am      Reply with quote
maggie6767 wrote:
I have just finished 8 week treatment of hands and forearms and I seem to have lost fat in the hands-they appear more wrinkly than before I begun with thinner skin.I didn't have much sun damage or any brown spots so no difference there.Has anyone else noticed any volume loss with the reaura?

I certainly haven't noticed any fat loss and I've completed 5 rounds of 8 treatments on the face. I also have cheek filler and haven't noticed any change in that. I've also not heard of Fraxel being blamed for fat loss - only RF treatments. Maybe you are just experiencing excessive dryness. Try moisturising really well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
maggie6767 wrote:

I certainly haven't noticed any fat loss and I've completed 5 rounds of 8 treatments on the face. I also have cheek filler and haven't noticed any change in that. I've also not heard of Fraxel being blamed for fat loss - only RF treatments. Maybe you are just experiencing excessive dryness. Try moisturising really well.

I have done 2 rounds on face,neck,chest and hands and have not noticed any fat loss.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |