Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Glycolic Acid peel damage Pore lines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
richarw396

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Last year i started to have major acne problems on my face and chest. At first i tried Tretinoin .05% cream but then i decided to get a Glycolic acid peel at 30%. The mistake i made is a month or so later i got a 60 or 70% peel and i dont think i gave my skin time to heal. I developed tiny lines connected by pores. These pore lines seem to be not very deep but there all over my cheek and there is a long one that runs underneath my eye almost like a wrinkle. Ive tried using Tretinoin to improve or get rid of them and currently have been using Tretinoin for 2 1/2 months.Tretinoin seems to also create these pore lines but to a lesser extent. I was reading a older post on this website and some ppl were suggesting Olive Squaline. I'm just sort of at a loss at what to do and i cant find any information on the pore lines on the web and if it is permanent damage to the skin or if i can get rid of them. I'm very young, only at 20 year old male so i think my skin should be able to recover. Once i find a good enough camera ill post pics of them, my Iphone's 5mega pixel camera doesn't take high enough definition to really show what they look like
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, it's hard to say what it is without a picture. I haven't heard about that before, but I do remember when I used a 10% glycolic on my face, my nose suddenly got huge pores the following day and I'm not sure why. I just use it to spot-treat any hyperpigmentation though
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...interesting and I've never heard of it.
I did a quick search and found these few forum posts on the topic. I didn't read the threads completely, but hopefully they will offer something of use:

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4570023352/m/3700003564

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-aging/13963-retinol-caused-weird-lines-fissures-face.html

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-809814.html

Perhaps what you need to do is start at the basics again as this sounds like it's definitely due to going too heavy all at once. I'd stop use of the Tretinoin or any other exfoliating "harsher" type products and just get back to cleansing, moisture/healing oil of some sort and sunscreen. You are young, so I don't think all is lost...sometimes the skin takes a while though to heal itself. Just be patient, be gentle to it and give it time...months if you have to.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean by these 'pore lines' -- I had the same thing happen to me after botched non-ablative laser. The good news is they do improve with time.

I think what it is, is that you just get little isolated spots where the collagen beneath the pores seems to 'collapse' and it needs time to rebuild.

You are young so it should take long for your skin to recover.

Ironically my improvement has come from using Retin-a but I only use it once every 3-4 nights - any more frequent than that and I end up dry and peeling too much. Then the following day I use a CP serum by Skin Biology. I've also learnt to only use the CP serum once every 3-4 days too because when I used it more frequently I developed a case of the 'uglies' lol where my skin looked kind of dehydrated and shrivelled up.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Here is a picture of richarw that he sent me... maybe it will be helpful to some of you trying to figure out what it is

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/willburstyle06/photo10.jpg
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Wow that is a high percentage of AHAs! It can take several months to recover from that, it doesn't sound like you have allowed that before resuming products which strip the protective stratus corneum. Focus on a healing, hydrating routine not irritant, drying products such as tretinoin and glycolic acid. What are you using as cleanser, exfoliator and toner?

Hydrating ingredients that are non-comedogenic include hyaluronic acid, squalane, urea, aloe vera, lanolin and allantoin. HA, allantoin and aloe vera also have proven healing properties. Squalane is often incorrectly spelled squaline, plus there is squalene which blocks pores so check ingredients carefully. You might also consider a vitamin C serum that is based on magnesium ascorbyl phosphate OR ascorbyl palmitate (NOT L-ascorbic acid which is irritant). And/ or rosehip seed oil, which contains a gentler form of vitamin A than tretinoin. Both can encourage your skin to produce more collagen.

Lastly do you consistently meet or exceed your government's recommendations for healthy eating? Food supplies the nutrients required for repair and regeneration, plus antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Presumably you don't smoke and get plenty of sleep?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
richarw396

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
any suggestions on what brand of olive squalane oil to purchase i cant really find anything in stores
links to the products would be appreciated
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:05 am      Reply with quote
richarw396 wrote:
any suggestions on what brand of olive squalane oil to purchase i cant really find anything in stores

No particular brand, there is only one ingredient: I purchased mine from eBay.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:19 am      Reply with quote
richarw396 wrote:

Squalane oil would be fantastic for your skin right now. I think it's the best for comforting and hydrating irritated skin. I buy mine from EDS- currently using Russel Organics and Skin Biology. Both are great.

P.S. how ignorant was I to pay over $100 for a squalane oil and hylaruonic acid serum from Ling Skin Care!!!!? It was pure squalane oil! Oh the days before EDS....
richarw396

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
would the Squalane products off amazon or ebay good enough?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |