Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
NuFace Trinity
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mine stopped charging after about a month that is why I sent it back and kept my original nuface. I doubt you will win it at 150.00. I could have gotten a unit that was in a bad batch...others might be fine. I got one of the first off of qvc maybe they have done trouble shooting and cleared up the problem.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, nice to find the forums.
I just bought my Nuface Trinity from the skinstore which is an authorized reseller. I paid $260 ( it was 20% off site special) and have a 30 day return.
I'm 3 weeks in to using daily, 2x day at 10min ( 5 each side) I only use it on the lower part/jowls and cheeks. So far, I see nothing.

I'm very thin and my skin is also. I'm 50 and while my skin has no wrinkles, I have lost tone and my marionette lines are beginning every so slightly and I have a jowl beginning because gravity is unkind. Losing my ovaries 6 years ago and off bioidentical hormone replacement sure does take its toll on skin elasticity.

I'm close to returning this product and going with an LED red light therapy device. I need plumpness more than anything and maybe my jowls would be less if the hollows of my cheeks weren't getting so bad.

I think this device really depends on your face structure. I'm highly disappointed for my particular needs.

No pain while using the gel that comes with it but I can say it seems to be drying my skin a bit. I use as directed and follow the treatment protocol for "problem areas".

Just thought you might like to hear my results or lack there of . Still searching for something that helps.
I also read on youtube that because this is not plugged in and on battery that it could actually hurt my face over time since the current is not stable as a device that is plugged in to a wall would be .. that makes sense to me. Goodness knows I don't need to look worse with time. It's all rather confusing.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome pricer wave , Did your instructions with your unit say to use it twice a day?

5% products discount

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
It stated to be used up to 20 min a day 5 days a week. So I figured 10 in the morning and 10 at night. I do not have time to do 20 in the mornings and by evening I am too tired . I wanted a regimine I would be consistent with. Since I am 50 and already have sagging and thin skin, I am at a clinical stage not preventative.

I feel I would perhaps have results with a more powerful plugged in type of micro-current. I truly had high hopes and unsure if I should return or keep sticking it out until I am unable to return for refund.. Hoping this forum would help me!
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Pricer, in case you haven't noticed NuFace Trinity has an LED attachment you can buy separately and they're coming up with probes also
Pricer505
5% products discount

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
That's wonderful to hear! I just ordered from TIA one of their Ultra Renew LED/ultrasonic devices. I feel i will probably start a collection Smile
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Mine stopped charging after about a month that is why I sent it back and kept my original nuface. I doubt you will win it at 150.00. I could have gotten a unit that was in a bad batch...others might be fine. I got one of the first off of qvc maybe they have done trouble shooting and cleared up the problem.

I finally was outbid on Ebay and bought NuFace Trinity from SkinStore. Now I'm anxious to get it and start using it.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a Nuface at skinstore.com Decided against the Trinity but they are having a store wide sale of 20% off w/coupon code NY20.
Makes a good discount w/such a big ticket item.
Thanks everyone for all your input on these microcurrent threads!
QP
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:40 am      Reply with quote
After buying NuFace Trinity I'm wondering if I should add the red light Wrinkle Remover... Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it effective as, say, Lightstim?
Any feedback/advice would be appreciated.
Pricer505
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing a lot of research on LED and I can't see how a battery operated device will offer enough and consistent joule output for therapeutic benefit. Sad

I just sent my NuFace back and am looking for a micro current that is corded for that very reason. Also, I just invested in a Baby Quasar MD Plus after calling the company and talking with them. The science makes sense to me.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's results with Nuface. I just decided for my needs the money would be best spent elsewhere.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've just read through all the Nuface Trinity reviews on QVC. Sure seems like people either love it or hate it - lots of 5 star and 1 star posts!

I really want to get a home microcurrent device that will help firm up my lower face.

I wonder why there is such a broad spectrum of reviews on this device?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
I've just read through all the Nuface Trinity reviews on QVC. Sure seems like people either love it or hate it - lots of 5 star and 1 star posts!

I really want to get a home microcurrent device that will help firm up my lower face.

That's the reason I've never bought one - it's also been a case of love it or hate it on EDS too - with most being disappointed with it. To me it seems extremely overpriced for a device which is essentially two metal probes and a 9v battery! I've just ordered this device from Ebay - it has galvanic and microcurrent;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290686328299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Could be junk - but I have a similar little device that I've used for years and like - I'm only replacing it because the plug is wonky.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

That's the reason I've never bought one - it's also been a case of love it or hate it on EDS too - with most being disappointed with it. To me it seems extremely overpriced for a device which is essentially two metal probes and a 9v battery! I've just ordered this device from Ebay - it has galvanic and microcurrent;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290686328299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Could be junk - but I have a similar little device that I've used for years and like - I'm only replacing it because the plug is wonky.

Thanks Keliu. I'll be watching for your reviews of the Golden Spoon, sounds promising.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, what benefit did you get from this 'similar device with wonky plug'? as you put it.
I'm wondering how it can deliver micro current, I thought MC needs 2 probes, 1 negative, 1 positive. All these gadget are driving me crazy because I don't understand how they work.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Keliu, what benefit did you get from this 'similar device with wonky plug'? as you put it.
I'm wondering how it can deliver micro current, I thought MC needs 2 probes, 1 negative, 1 positive. All these gadget are driving me crazy because I don't understand how they work.

This is the "similar device with wonky plug":
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portable-Microcurrent-Galvanic-Face-Lift-Ion-Skin-Care-/120959771511?pt=AU_Face_Care&hash=item1c29c3a377&_uhb=1#ht_5318wt_1139

I'm not saying that I noticed any "real" visible lift with this device. But I did feel that when I used it almost daily that my face took on a more perkier or fresher look.

Believe me, I'm as confused about microcurrent devices as everyone else. Why are some thousands of dollars and some dirt cheap? I have read that when microcurrent is working correctly it delivers a certain taste sensation in the mouth - I can feel that with the el-cheapo device. (I'll do some more research on this).

But as you can see, the device above has two heads, one with probes (which they recommend for cleansing using the galvanic + and - mode) and the roller (which is recommended for pushing in nutrients). I usually use the roller head and use it after I've applied my topicals.

I can't see why a NuFace would be any more effective than this device - but maybe it all comes down to technical specifications, I don't know - but for $36.00 I think it's a bargain. I just thought I'd have a change and try the Golden Spoon!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I get it. I thought you were replacing another golden spoon. Silly me... Have you used a golden spoon before?
I was referring to the spoon when I said MC needs 2 probes, positive and negative so I don't see how the spoon can deliver MC
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
OK, I get it. I thought you were replacing another golden spoon. Silly me... Have you used a golden spoon before?
I was referring to the spoon when I said MC needs 2 probes, positive and negative so I don't see how the spoon can deliver MC

Well the el-cheapo is supposed to deliver microcurrent via the roller. My large microcurrent machine has a roller attachment.

I haven't tried the Golden Spoon before - watch this video on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leU7FzeOnJQ

It clearly shows the use of square-wave when in microcurrent mode. Also, I believe the use of positive and negative current refers to galvanic and not microcurrent (I think!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh God please help me understand this stuff!

Well, I bought NuFace Trinity and it shipped yesterday. I'll report after a month of use. Let us know if the spoon does/did anything for you
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I should have also mentioned that I've bought the Golden Spoon to replace my UP5 which has died. You can see the UP5 here:
http://kr100832882.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/132880690-103850421/UP5_Facial_Massager_beauty_equipment_skincare_device.html

I paid over $400 for it - for around $60 the Golden Spoon has much the same features. I'll see how they compare.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, among all the gadget you have used which one made a difference in your skin? Is there one you would recommend?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Keliu, among all the gadget you have used which one made a difference in your skin? Is there one you would recommend?

It would have to be the Philips ReAura Laser (or the Tria which I haven't tried). I've also just purchased a My-M Microneedle device for dermarolling and think it does a very good job. I also use the AntiAging Lightstim.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza - here is some good information on galvanic current:

http://mymicrocurrenthealth.com/galvanic/

The article also mentions the taste in the mouth I referred to earlier - apparently it's if you metal fillings.

Here's another question about the taste in the mouth - teeth fillings aren't mentioned in the answer:

Quote:
What causes the metallic taste in my mouth or flashing lights when using CES or treating on or near the head?
Close proximity to the nerves governing taste or the optic nerve in case of the flashing lights can stimulate these nerves causing the metallic taste or stroboscopic effect.
Close proximity to the nerves governing taste or the optic nerve in case of the flashing lights can stimulate these nerves causing the metallic taste or stroboscopic effect. This is not cause for concern and is normal in many patients. The flashing lights will go away when the stimulation is discontinued. If the metallic taste persists, rinse your mouth with water and it will go away.
http://www.themicrocurrentsite.co.uk/faq/22.aspx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the link, Keliu.
WOW, all this information is overwhelming. I'm still not clear on the difference between galvanic and micro current...
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I decided to buy a Trinity. Ordered a new one from Amazon for $258, free shipping and for some reason no tax either. Fingers crossed that this doesn't become a new paperweight!
snookydoops
5% products discount

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Wow, this thread has been MOST educational, thanks. It's helped me unravel a lot of the fog about which to use out of my vast collection of bought-but-gathering-dust toys.

I'm 44 with no lines or wrinkles but jowling and eye bags.

I'm on day 3 of using my Slendertone Face. It's my newest purchase and I'm going to give it the full 12 weeks even though I'm so tempted to get out my NuFace Classic again.

The Tua Viso is out - I'll actually get rid of something! And the Talika Light 590 will stay in the drawer for a while longer.

One question... I'm inclined to develop a habit before trying to incorporate exercises as well but would welcome any advice. Also, as you can probably tell from my comment above, would anyone recommend adding in NuFace to my 12 week Slendertone Face routine now?

Thanks.

PS - a few of you have mentioned a device by Nancy - who is Nancy?

Thanks you!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |