Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New regimen Gross Alpha Beta Peel SKII SK2 Kate Somerville
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I just started the Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta peel extra strength 1x/day (step 1 and step 2). I'm going to try to do this for 60 days straight and then drop to EOD.

Next SKII Facial treatment essence. I read somewhere that this should not be used with retinol and i know that step 2 of the peel pads do contain retinol.

Next Kate Somerville Hydrakate Line Release and Cytocell.

This is the most I've spent on skin care but now i'm in my 30s and the drying/aging skin is distressing.

Is this a good routine? I have dry, somewhat acne prone, skin with scarring from acne. I don't have minimal wrinkles but my face is just not as firm as it was even a few years ago.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:09 am      Reply with quote
If your skin is drying out, that seems like quite an aggressive routine. Many exfoliants dehydrate the skin out by stripping the protective stratus corneum, and also leave you at greater risk of acne as opportunistic bacteria can take hold. Maybe address whatever it is causing your skin to dry or dehydrate - diet and lifestyle, health problem, harsh skincare? Plump, hydrated skin can often appear firmer.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 am      Reply with quote
If you are not familiar with these products or used to an intensive skim care routine then you should introduce these proucts one at a time. If you have a reaction to any one of them you wont know which is causing you problems if you started them all at the same time. You should also get a feel for the effects of each on its own, so you can pinpoint any unexpected results when more than one product is combined.

Its really easy to be swept away on the tide of disappoimtment when we notice unwanted changes in our face. But the answer isnt to pile a heap of new stuff on it in the hopes of fast and dramatic results. When it comes to the skin, fast and dramatic rarely happen. Its steady as you go with improvements over months.

Since you've started the peel continue that for 2 weeks on its own. Using only a moisturiser that has no active ingredients or one that is part of that system. Remember that inflammation is a great skin ager. Dont plan to overly irritate your skin with too much exfoliation. I would not use a peel of any description daily for 2 months. Once you've removed the loose and ready to shed cells there is nothing left to exfoliate except healthy and now somewhat vulnerable skin cells.

Once you understand how your skin responds to that product you can add the next one. Try not to assume that because a product gets raves from others that it will be ideal for you. Most products others use dont work for me at all. It was a lot of trial and error to disover what did. Everyones skin is unique and responds well to certain things over others.

Its best to try each product on its own merits, some of what you buy will be great, meh or downright awful. But its only by tryng each one that you will get a feel for what your skin responds to and what it doesnt.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:40 am      Reply with quote
i'm not sure why my skin is drier. i just thought i was getting older. i need to exfoliate every day (i did harsh manual exfoliation before this) because otherwise i get alot of build-up of dead skin and my pores get clogged.

it's just different for me because i used to have such oily skin, i think part of the reason that i look younger than my years now.

i drink water and use moisturizer. anyone have tips on keeping skin hydrated? thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |