Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Radio frequency treatment on face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I spoke with my plastic surgeon's office manager. She has had many procedures done by him so knows firsthand what's what. I asked her about RF and she said she had it done on the fleshy pads on either side of her nose, just above the nasolabial folds. Most people just fill the folds to make them more even with the "pads" which gives them a chubby face. You can lessen the appearance of them by reducing those fleshy parts. She said they really reduced and she is very pleased.

Anyone else care to share their experiences?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:05 am      Reply with quote
This makes sense to me. Do you know what type specifically that she had? There are varying degree's of radio-frequency treatments.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
No idea. I'll let you know after I've had it. I just googled some information and it sounds like two treatments spaced apart are better but there was modest improvement with only one treatment. If he gives me a discount on the second one, I'd probably do it if I liked the results. It's cheaper than filler for nasolabial.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Radio frequency treatments can vary from 1 to 6 treatments it depends on which one is being done. I would ask exactly what it is before having it done.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Not necessary. He's been my doctor for over twenty years and I trust him. He tends to be conservative. I'm also having something else done at the same time so he's giving me a discount. Very Happy
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I had this done yesterday. I asked my doc what the difference was between Thermage and what he did. He said Thermage purports to tighten the face but only a third of people who have had it are pleased, so he doesn't offer it in his practice. There are different types of radio frequency treatments for different things. He uses it for micro-liposuction (my word not his) on the face.

He used a very small needle and after my face was injected with a local and after he had marked off three areas -- above my nasolabial folds, the area outside and just above my marionette lines, and the outer corners of my chin where I was starting to get mini jowls, he basically just poked away. He said it will take months to see results because the body has to absorb the fat that got zapped. The good news is that I don't have any bruising, although I made sure not to take aspirin or vitamin E the week before.

The price is cheaper than filler so I can see myself having this done again if I like the result and need to have it done. His office manager who had the procedure done only once a few months ago says she wants it done again. Her face looks less "lumpy" than it did before when I last saw her but she said she has big fat pads and has always looked like a chipmunk.

So I shall have to wait a while for final results. I did ask my doc what I might need in the future as my face ages so I can save my pennies. He said I have good skin (thank you SkinBiology copper peptides!) so just filler. He said I might need botox in my neck because although the muscle is tight, the skin is getting a bit loose and also, surprisingly, he recommended fat injections in the neck. I don't have any fat so I guess this would prevent a scrawny look. Botox of course for crow's feet, which I've been having for a year now and love. So that was all good news for my bank account!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Went back to doc today and he said swelling was normal, as I expected. At the very least, when I return to work next week, I will probably look exactly the same as I did before the treatment, which is a bit less swollen than I am now. Then over the coming weeks the area should gradually get a bit smaller. The area is slightly pinkish. The worst part was having those purple marks on my face which are difficult to remove. You'd think they'd use something that would wash off right after surgery.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
My face is still puffy today, which is disappointing. At least when I go back to work on Tuesday I can use the excuse that I ate like a pig over the holidays. It is clearly fluid because the areas are firmer than the rest of my face. I almost feel like poking my face with a pin and seeing a fountain of water gush out!

Interesting that no one else on this forum has ever had this done. I'm surprised given that everything else under the sun seems to have been tried. Bad Grin
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
What you had done is very different then typical radio-frequency type of treatments that I was thinking. I understand that you trust your dr but I still wouldn't have a procedure without knowing what it was. I always like to do my own research first.

I am really curious what you had done. When you say he poked, did he poke you with a needle? Most people don't want fat removed from their faces.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
He made a point of telling me he used a very fine needle to (I'm assuming) direct the radio waves (have no idea what it's called) to the area. I had to have a grounding plate under my back and while he was doing the procedure I kept hearing a clicking noise as if he were stepping on the pedal of a sewing machine. I was a bit woozy from valium and imagined that was what he was doing! It wasn't painful beyond the local injections. I don't have to go back until three months from now.

He did not remove the fat and said the procedure was not to tighten skin. Seems like it destroys the fat in some way so that the body just absorbs it over time.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I have no idea what you had done but I am very curious!!! I hope the swelling went down quick too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds really interesting. I wonder if it is a process he came up with on his own.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
I have no idea what you had done but I am very curious!!! I hope the swelling went down quick too.

Nope. It went down a little as of ten days after and the area isn't as firm but softer, so that tells me the liquid is being absorbed by my body. My understanding is it will take months for it to be gone totally, meaning the fat has totally been absorbed and the area is flatter than when I started, which is the goal. I just look like I need to lose a few pounds. Ultimately I think it depends on how quickly your body heals so I am taking my vitamins regularly.
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
This is a procedure they are now doing that uses rf and laser at a very specific wavelength that melts fat. The rf heats and tightens skin at the same time. Takes 3-6 months to see full effect. I'm considering this for my neck.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds like slim lipo or smart lipo mpx. This is a procedure they are now doing that uses rf and laser at a very specific wavelength that melts fat. The rf heats and tightens skin at the same time. Takes 3-6 months to see full effect. I'm considering this for my neck.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
He does do smart lipo on bodies so perhaps he modified the procedure for the face. Meanwhile, I have to stop pigging out because even when everything settles down on my face no one will notice! Post holiday bad habits lingering, unfortunately. Sad
teewoods

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Stay away from radio frequency. Unless of course you want PERMANENT sagging skin. What RF does is initially plump the skin but months later you would see a drastic change. You face gets skinnier, you skin starts drooping and sagging. Basically RF destroys your fats cells and your skin sags.

Please avoid this horror!!!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm reporting back and have to say I notice a subtle but definite shrinking of the area treated. Considering that I've actually gained five pounds since then tells me it worked despite the weight gain. Interestingly, that side of my face was always a bit fatter and now the left side looks fatter so I may consider having that done next. Of course the fat may go away by itself once I lose these extra five pounds. I don't want to see my doc until that time though because he won't get a true picture of the results.

I would never have my entire face done. You need to keep the outer, upper portions of fat in your face for a more youthful look. That is why he only did the fat pads above my nasolabial folds. I will need to use less filler in those folds as a result. The fat pad had cast a deeper shadow and made that line look deeper before.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |