Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

First Time at Home Peel...HELP!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
So, later this week either Wed, Thurs, or Fri, I am going to do an at home face peel. Not sure what solution I want to use, but I have:
All Skin Obsession
-Glycolic 30%
-Jessner
-TCA 15%

Skin background:
-Caucasian, fair, pale skin. I am 20 years old, and after having perfect skin throughout most of my teens, developed acne, mostly on my chin, when I was 18. The acne came in a few forms, lots of tiny whiteheads that didn't ever get to the surface, normal 'zits', and every once in a while cystic acne. I have been using glycolic acid lotion on my face for the past month (which I hear is good prep for a peel) and have been noticing a HUGE improvement. I have also used several glycolic peels form sephora every few weeks for a few months. Every thing have been helping a lot, and now I almost have a clear face, but I do have some red discoloration on my skin where I had acne. My skin is not particularly sensitive and after I take my last final and go to work Wednesday, I will have until X-mas to recover. And if I have to go out, I know to bring screen and apply it often.

My plan is to wash my face with a gentle cleanser, use alcohol or acetone to defatten, then apply the peel and neutralize with water and baking soda after I frost or have intense burning/stinging/discomfort. I do have several products to use after the peel, including:
-Neosporin, emu oil, jojoba oil, and other gentle moisturizers.

Really I just am nervous and wanted to see if you ladies had any advice for my about which type of peel might be good for me to start out with and how to provide post care advice about what worked well for you. I have read A LOT about peels from this website but I think everyone is a little nervous the first time you burn a layer of your skin off. Very Happy

*NOTE: I know every one's skin is different and responds differently to things. I'm just wondering what people have found works best and is most effective for them.

I am thinking maybe a jessner with TCA cross over it just on bad spots?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
kmrmv8 wrote:

-Glycolic 30%
-Jessner
-TCA 15%

I am 20 years old, and after having perfect skin throughout most of my teens....but I do have some red discoloration on my skin where I had acne

My plan is to use alcohol or acetone to defatten, then apply the peel and neutralize with water and baking soda after I frost or have intense burning/stinging discomfort.

I used to have faith in this board but not anymore. Am I the only person who thinks applying heavy chemicals to the healthy perfect
skin of a child ridiculous? Obviously so.

Note - you will undertand in 20yrs time why I call you a child in terms of your skin.

You have redness which will quickly heal itself if you leave it alone. But you actually intend to cause yourself discomfort and pain. Clearly
skin 'care' has now become something else.

But dont worry someone will be along shortly to tell you that applying a peel to perfect young skin is a really good idea... Rolling Eyes I dont plan to be around to witness that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I understand your concerns, and maybe I did not explain myself clearly, but most of the scars have been there for two years. For some reason, my scars are always redish, maybe because I am so pale. Have tried other methods to get rid of them, but they failed. I have very congested pores on my chin and my understanding was that Jessners peels and glycolic peels were good for that. I have used lactic acid (ing. in jessner peel)several times as well with great results. These peels are often associated with acne treatment which is exactly what I have. And if it is my age that is an issue, I can't understand why because I have had many friends get glycolic and TCA peels the youngest one being 17 at the time, but I have seen heard of people even younger getting them (professionally or not).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Have you done patch tests of the combinations you are considering? Have you discounted dermarolling? Do you have a backup plan for if something goes awry?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
kmrmv8 wrote:
Every thing have been helping a lot, and now I almost have a clear face, but I do have some red discoloration on my skin where I had acne.

kmrmv8, what are you hoping that a peel will do for your skin (acne, scars, etc)? It sounds like your skin is doing well with what you have been using if it is "almost clear". Maybe you should continue on with what is working?

(I give you lots of credit, as you sound like you have read up on how to do a peel the correct way with the degreasing, neutralizing, etc, which I think is great.)
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
So your skin has become mostly clear recently, and you're worried about discoloration? You should give it a few months, since it takes a while for redness to subside. Maybe your glycolic acid lotion is causing the redness? Maybe try spot treating your acne.

Also, I've read that acne on chin is hormonal so maybe go to a doctor for some tests?
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I agree with NotMeNotYou - scary how using such agressive treatments begins to sound almost normal.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |