Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
fat cheeks !
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skotya

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi all ,

How do I get rid of my fat cheeks. I am 23 years old (175cm , 65kg) but still have chubby cheeks.

The problem is with my lower cheeks they are FAT !
my upper cheeks are thin and nice so you can have the picture thin upper cheeks, fat lower cheeks no proportion at all !

I am thinking of having buccal fat removal but I am really scared not sure what to do.

I would like to ask if these cheeks will thin out as I age or is just nonsense? What I know is that these cheeks will sag with age and I will look older. I don't understand why some say it will make me younger as I age.

Do you have any suggestions ?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:11 am      Reply with quote
So you are a healthy weight. Very Happy Have you tried regular facial massage? Why do you believe your cheeks will sag with age any more than anyone else's?

Nobody can tell you for sure what your body will do as you age, best advice is to look at any female relatives who had a similar fat distribution when younger. Having said that most women do tend to lose some facial volume at the time of the menopause or peri-menopause, but you are years away from that. Skin is most likely to sag if you lose fat or muscle over a short period of time. Those who age worst (after sun damage and smoking) tend to maintain a low body weight, so any additional loss of facial volume really shows. Crying or Very sad

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've always been thin but have always had a chubby face. My bone structure began showing in my mid-30s because I lost some facial fat which made me happy. I plant to have radio frequency (RF) done after Christmas and will post my results. Other than losing weight, time will cure you!
skotya

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I've always been thin but have always had a chubby face. My bone structure began showing in my mid-30s because I lost some facial fat which made me happy. I plant to have radio frequency (RF) done after Christmas and will post my results. Other than losing weight, time will cure you!

Well my bone structure is nice but you can't see it. When I was 10 my face was really thin but I don't know what happened as I aged !

I would like to look good in my 20's I can't wait tell I am in my mid 30's. Please let us know your results with RF.
skotya

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
So you are a healthy weight. Very Happy Have you tried regular facial massage? Why do you believe your cheeks will sag with age any more than anyone else's?

Nobody can tell you for sure what your body will do as you age, best advice is to look at any female relatives who had a similar fat distribution when younger. Having said that most women do tend to lose some facial volume at the time of the menopause or peri-menopause, but you are years away from that. Skin is most likely to sag if you lose fat or muscle over a short period of time. Those who age worst (after sun damage and smoking) tend to maintain a low body weight, so any additional loss of facial volume really shows. Crying or Very sad

I believe that gravity will affect and make my cheeks sag and I see it in my dad but he is a littler over weight.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
skotya wrote:

I believe that gravity will affect and make my cheeks sag and I see it in my dad but he is a littler over weight.

Jowling happens to everyone's parents, AFAIK there is no scientific evidence this is more prevalent in those with naturally plumper cheeks. Facial exercise can help apparently, as with any part of the body that gets lax with age and laziness. For now eat a balanced diet, don't smoke and use sunblock to keep your skin elastic as long as possible. I hated looking young in my late teens and early twenties, once I found my first grey hair at 25 I kinda liked it, by thirty I loved people thinking I was ten years younger. Wink I will probably spend the rest of my life trying to drop another five years!

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I've had chubby cheeks my whole life- it is good and bad.
Nice because I look younger than 35, but annoying cuz I always have strangers calling me "sweetheart" or "cutie" (like I am a little puppy or something???).

I used to be really underweight @ 55kg and 5"5 and still had chubby cheeks, now I'm a "normal weight" 62kg and still 5"5 and still have chubby cheeks.
But now due to some medication I took my neck is a bit chubby too and I HATE that!

Very tempted to get lipo sometime, but then if I get stuck having to take the same medication again my issue might come back....so not really sure that is a good idea.

I've seen all these laser lipo ads lately,but I don't think it is safe for the neck and face area and also heard those treatments are a scam.

Really, no idea what the solution to a thinner face is...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |