Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Blood Type and Personality
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
The Japanese believe in a correlation between blood type and your personality. I am type A and wow, the personality fits me to a T!!!
What about you?
Here's a link that describes the personalities of different types, but I'm sure you can find it anywhere on google.
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/takemywings/bloodtypes.htm
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have several friends who subscribe to the blood type diet - recommended by a Chinese medicine practicioner and they swear by it. I'm a type A also and didn't like that I wasn't supposed to eat tomatoes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think the personality traits for Type A fit you?

Are you able to eat any red sauces? I'm Italian and looove my pasta. I can't live without marinara sauce. I wouldn't want to give that up. Sad
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:34 am      Reply with quote
The existence of different blood types wasn't discovered until 1900. The link you provide is about anime characters.

Things become even more complicated when you realise that the genetic factor that gives bloodtype O is recessive - that is to say, many people who have an a or b bloodtype also carry the o gene, that simply can't express itself in the bloodtype because of the dominant other factor, which does not mean the o gene doesn't have any influence at all in other fields.

Any healthy and complete diet is good for you, any diet that cuts out excess calories will make you feel better and lose weight if you have a problem in that area. Any kind of diet that takes into account your ethnic background and the possible allergies and intolerances that may be connected to that background can make you feel better. But blood type as the essential factor in what you should or should not eat sounds unlikely to me.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Well, i have all blood types in my family (even AB). And i must say that Dr. D'Adamo's description of personalities for each blood type is pretty accurate.

I almost can guess now person's blood type just by his behavior Smile Of course, it is easy with types O and A. Much more complicated for B and AB.

These days i try to keep to my blood type diet as close as possible, but it's very hard considering i am not allowed to eat tomatoes, avocados, chicken, humus, sesame seeds etc. All of these were a part of my daily diet.

And i don't feel like i have a choice here. According to D'Adamo food may be just incompatible with your body. You will think twice before you eat chicken or tomato if you were explicitly told it is poisonous for you Sad(

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
It didn't describe me at all. I think astrology is more accurate when it comes to personality.
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
The blood type description didn't work for me at all!

I agree with SoftSkin.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Mine fit somewhat but not all of it, i would say it was about 50% correct. I'm blood type A by the way Very Happy .
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
YB What is your type?

YB wrote:
Well, i have all blood types in my family (even AB). And i must say that Dr. D'Adamo's description of personalities for each blood type is pretty accurate.

I almost can guess now person's blood type just by his behavior Smile Of course, it is easy with types O and A. Much more complicated for B and AB.

These days i try to keep to my blood type diet as close as possible, but it's very hard considering i am not allowed to eat tomatoes, avocados, chicken, humus, sesame seeds etc. All of these were a part of my daily diet.

And i don't feel like i have a choice here. According to D'Adamo food may be just incompatible with your body. You will think twice before you eat chicken or tomato if you were explicitly told it is poisonous for you Sad(

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
YB What is your type?

Sorry sister sweets,

I missed your question. I am type B.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I think the most natural way to eat would be the way your ancestors did. Here is the way one group did it. http://www.organicconsumers.org/organic/native092404.cfm
Nairuby

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm a 0 and that outgoing and energitc part is kind of true. I'm VERY reliable though and a bit insecure..so 50% fits on my personality.
Kgeaux
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have six sons, four of whom are Type O. Their personalities are not anything alike! I think birth order probably has much more to do with how one's personality develops, although I do believe we are born with the basic structure of personality intact.
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I find so about blood types is I can usually tell a type A. They seem to get sugar spikes more easily.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm an A neg, and the description isn't really that accurate for myself but there are some similarities. I'm definitely not afraid to speak my mind, I am not always polite nor responsible, if I am confronted I definitely won't back down and I am not afraid to start a confrontation, there are times that I don't want to be around people and there are times I am in shy mode. I definitely don't feel comfortable as the center of attention and I do feel sometimes that I don't fit in.

I'd say, to be more accurate, I am a mix of A and O in personality...but, I think the way I was raised has a lot to do with my demeanor. I was raised by a single Dad and I'm the baby of 3 girls Wink

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I'm an A neg, and the description isn't really that accurate for myself but there are some similarities. I'm definitely not afraid to speak my mind, I am not always polite nor responsible, if I am confronted I definitely won't back down and I am not afraid to start a confrontation, there are times that I don't want to be around people and there are times I am in shy mode. I definitely don't feel comfortable as the center of attention and I do feel sometimes that I don't fit in.

I'd say, to be more accurate, I am a mix of A and O in personality...but, I think the way I was raised has a lot to do with my demeanor. I was raised by a single Dad and I'm the baby of 3 girls Wink

I am afraid this type of description will fit anyone. It's like daily horoscope in a newspaper.

What do you think about the original one?
http://www.dadamo.com/bloodtype_A.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
bren21 wrote:

I am afraid this type of description will fit anyone. It's like daily horoscope in a newspaper.

What do you think about the original one?
http://www.dadamo.com/bloodtype_A.htm

Nah, the Japanese have spent 60 years carefully researching it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |