Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
fast weight gain! ugg, any advice>
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I went on vacation for a week with my boyfriend and my weight went from 121 to 130!! I'm miserable and none of my pants fit. the question is was it real fat gain or salt? my stomach feels fat and its bloated and hurts a little. Do you think I could loose it fast? i ate alot of salmon benedict and my diet was different but I didnt even eat desserts only had one glass of wine the whole trip and no fried foods. I just don't understand and I am unhappy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:28 am      Reply with quote
That happens to me everytime! When I get back or even while I am there, I take a diuretic water pill and that really helps take down the bloating and temp water gain. My doc had prescribed it as sometimes my hands and feet will slightly swell as well if I am flying.
It really does help and I don't take it but just a few days. You can get them at any drugstore or supermarket over the counter.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply! so do you think its most likely just temp water gain?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Are you having regular bowel movements? That might account for a pound or two. Otherwise, if you were eating food that was saltier and had more fat (butter, cream) and larger portions, that would cause weight gain. Were you less active? Most is probably water because you'd have had to have eaten a ton of food to gain that much weight in such a short period of time.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Softskin, not as regualr as normal. Also not near as active I usually train about 4 hours a day. alot of driving on vacation and very little exercise. I'm drinking alot of water today but it doesn't seem to help. My face is all puffed up too! I am pretty small framed so this is a ton of weight

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Could be, I know that is what happens to the hubby and I, especially when traveling and out of my normal schedule of food/water/salt intake. Puffy face points to water retention to me. Outtake has to equal intake!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
well, my weight kept going up! I wound up gaining 15 lbs! I ended up in the ER with a dangerously low potassium defiecincy. They gave me an iv . some potassum tabs(strong ones) and some meds to take home. The weight practically fell off and now I am 3 pounds lower that what i was before vacation. it's crazy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that is scary! I am glad to hear you are feeling better.
Whenever I am on a weight loss regime, I always take potassium along with my B12. I never do it very long, just to jump start until I get in the rhythem.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:23 am      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
well, my weight kept going up! I wound up gaining 15 lbs! I ended up in the ER with a dangerously low potassium defiecincy. They gave me an iv . some potassum tabs(strong ones) and some meds to take home. The weight practically fell off and now I am 3 pounds lower that what i was before vacation. it's crazy

Wow. How scary. Did you have symptoms other than the weight gain?
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
some fatique..I train alot with yoga and hand balancing...so I thought it was from that

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank You AnnnieR, I glad to be feeling better! Now I will always watch my potassium/sodioum. I didn't realize the importance!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I just remembered that when my hubby was undergoing his weight loss regime, testing, blod work, etc. under his doctor, he had to take a B and potassium supplement. It did help so I always did it as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand - what was the cause? I don't understand how just a week off your regular diet could wreak havoc like that.
And with all the exercise you do, it sounds like you'd be a lot more resilient and healthy than most.
I'm glad to hear that you figured it out and got help so quickly. Scary!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi LoriA, I don't know why either, the doctors were perplexed as well. They don't think a week off my reqular diet was the reason for this, but the don't know the reason either. I calle my nutrition lady and she said it's not uncommon for peole who put it several hours of training a day to be low on potassium...but had one week of rest on vacation before this happened. I do think I may of had a low grade pottasium def. before this happened becasue with the potassioum supplements and postassim sparing diuretic my wait is 1118 insteard of 121, which leads me to think I may have bee carrying around a few pounds of fluid. I always had some puffiness in my stomach..maybe this is the reason! who knows though,lol

Thanks to all who responded to my post

Tina

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |