Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Anyone had anything make a difference to their neck?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi im having a bad neck day today .Its the skin right under my chin that runs down the middle of the neck.You see i have acne scarring under there aand as ive got older the skin there has become looser and with the 2 mixed together it makes my neck look like i have a turkey neck before my time .It is really getting me soo down .I am currently using skin tools - SKINDREAM TITINAUM,TUA TREND ,CLARISONIC,BRITE BOX COLLSGEN LITE THERAPY.RIO NECK TONER .All of these i have used for a good couple of years .I also use skincare-GHK COPPER SERUM,NCN DNA SERUM ,NCN TRANS RETINOL,NCN CP ACCELERATOR,NCN EFG CAPSULES,PUMKIN PEEL ONCE A WEEK ,KARIN HEROG VITA COMBI 2 AND EYE CREAM.Also i DERMA ROLL ONCE EVERY 6 WEEKS.I mean what else can i do.I used retin a for 2 years but that didnt help.Anyone out there had something work for them i would be very gratfull for your advice xx
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I use Vivier vitamin C serum, a simple moisturizer like Embryolisse & sunscreen.

To remove that scar, I do lactic acid peel or use Juice Beauty Green Apple peel/mask.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi i have tried lactic acid and have used vita c for years but it never stopped it geting worse or made it better .thank you for replying x
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Bummer! I guess your family has a history with similar neck?
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
No not at all my mum is 60 and her neck is still firm.I think it the scarring that damaged the skin and made it looser .
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
No not at all my mum is 60 and her neck is still firm.I think it the scarring that damaged the skin and made it looser .

sometimes the problem is not the loose skin but small pocket of fat there, some people have less and some have more fat in chip area.. if its fat, it can be v easily solved with a chin liposuction, very minor procedure if done by an expert...
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi thank you for replying no it is not fat it is scarred loose skin .I am maybe going to try the vaculift to see how that works .I couldnt afford liposuction unless i won the lottery.Thanks again x
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that copper peptides can tighten skin. There is a thread somewhere around here on the skin care & mu forum or on the product review forum that discusses copper peptides from SkinBiology.com.

I recently ordered a trial kit from SB, but I haven't gotten it yet.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've had loose skin under my neck for some time. I use Retin A, C Serum and CP Serum. I was doing some exercises but hurt my neck so had to stop. I notice slight improvement but still hate my neck.

I was at the DR's and discussed Exilis and Cool Lipo. I think for my age and skin type I am going to save and have the Exilis treatments. My sister had a face lift and also had her neck done. It looks wonderful. I will not get surgery so Exilis is where I'm heading.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi there i have never heard of exilis i will google it and see what it says.I dont have a lot to spend at the moment so really looking for a cheaper option .I always see pics of celebrities with lovely firm faces then really loose neck it really makes me think if they cant get there necks sorted with all there money what chance have i.x
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:33 am      Reply with quote
If you tried all the good things to address the skin issue and you see no improvement, then you might have an issue of the muscle, which makes the skin sag.

I use BOTOX and it takes care of the muscle that droops, and then the skin topicals like Retin A and Vic C work to tighten the skin just perfectly fine.

I should not have a problem of a string muscle at my age, but I do (partially because I didn't realized it initially and made it worse with neck exercises). I was doubting first that it was a muscle problem, but I tried Botox and it works like a charm.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ella stella im the same age as you and i also feel i should not have this problem yet, but i do.I have been using the tua trend and the rio neck toner there so really dont feel it can be the muscle sagging but not sure and i dont see how i can be making it worse by doing these machines as they are for the purpose of toning that area.I can see it is the skin that is loose and its like a string of skin like you say.I didnt realise you could get botox for that area ,though ive never had it anywhere.Thank you for your input xx
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:
I have heard that copper peptides can tighten skin. There is a thread somewhere around here on the skin care & mu forum or on the product review forum that discusses copper peptides from SkinBiology.com.

I recently ordered a trial kit from SB, but I haven't gotten it yet.

or not!! Rolling Eyes Some of us have had the opposite affect!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Long shot but ... are you consistently feeding your skin with the full complement of nutrients it requires from the inside? Overall calories/ healthy fats esp. DHA & EPA/ wholegrains and pulses for minerals/ protein little and often/ rainbow of whole produce?

Perhaps you have already tried the right products and techniques, just not the right combination IYSWIM? Or perhaps an imbalance between destructive and constructive products? You might read the first few pages of the Anti-ageing Lightstim thread, IIRC Kassy was reporting good results on the neck from that device plus her own skincare regime.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Marcia36, are you using all those gadgets and all that skin care at the same time? I am just wondering if you are getting worse not due to age but do to all of that stuff being thrown at your neck?
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi i eat very well i take supplements and look after myself .Im no saint though i do have the odd bit of chocolate but everyone who knows me thinks im very well disciplined with my health and nutrition.Riley girl you know i have been thinking the same thing lately that all this stuff im doing for prevention could be making it worse.I dont do it alltogether i use the skincare morning and night but the gadgets i alternate every second night like the tua trend and rio neck one night then one night the collagen light therapy and skindream the next night .xx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Marcia, I think sometimes less is best, and especially if you are using all of the devices (even if not at the same time), with no "down time", maybe your skin just hasn't had a chance to make any improvements because so much is being thrown at it? Just a thought as I have been very guilty of bombarding my skin with a ton of things, and that inevitably makes my skin look worse!
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl i thinl im going to back of the rio neck toner for a while and see what happens.Its jus so easy to get carried away sometimes.xx
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
For the crepey skin on my neck, the only thing I've discovered that makes a genuine improvement is Algenist cream.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
It's a strange thing, but the platysma muscle must actually be relaxed in order to pull up the neck. When that muscle gets stronger, it pulls the neck down. That's why Botox works if this is your problem. The problem is if the skin itself is loose right in the middle, it may not be lifted with Botox. Unfortunately, in that case it seems most likely that the only thing that would work would be a neck lift. It can cost as little as $1,000 to get a neck lift, which is might be less than the total cost of all the gadgets you are using. And you would be assured that it would actually work, unlike the unpredictable results of various laser treatments, etc.

You could try Botox first, but Botox needs to be repeated every few months, so it is not as cost effective in the end, even if it works for you.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
seabliss wrote:
It's a strange thing, but the platysma muscle must actually be relaxed in order to pull up the neck. When that muscle gets stronger, it pulls the neck down. That's why Botox works if this is your problem. The problem is if the skin itself is loose right in the middle, it may not be lifted with Botox. Unfortunately, in that case it seems most likely that the only thing that would work would be a neck lift. It can cost as little as $1,000 to get a neck lift, which is might be less than the total cost of all the gadgets you are using. And you would be assured that it would actually work, unlike the unpredictable results of various laser treatments, etc.

You could try Botox first, but Botox needs to be repeated every few months, so it is not as cost effective in the end, even if it works for you.

Where can one get a necklift for $1,000? I'll get one for that price!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Have you heard of NuFace? I just got a product demo from the company and I think I am in love.

It uses micro-current to exercise the muscles. You can use it anyplace you have muscles, arms, butt, face, abs, etc.

Just once use gives you a slight lift. But the results only last 24-72 hours. The idea is to work the muscles every day for 90 days and then switch to a few times a week.

The cost is $249. So a little bit more than the Clarisonic but much cheaper than a face lift!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi seabliss so what you are saying is that by toning this muscle actually makes the neck worse?I have been using the rio neck toner for a good while now and the skin has def got looser ,so have now decided to stop .Im just a bit confused when you say the muscle needs to be relaxed to pull the neck up.My neck skin is not crepy it is smooth but it is looser than it should be .I hate it.I have orderd the vaculift as i have read good things about this for the neck.I was going to go for the nuface ageloc that was suggested by the lovely toby but i just cant afford it right now so im saving up for that .The vaculift i purchased from Nanci at Ncn pro skincare, so cant wait to get it and it was not to expensive about £48.oo .I will let you know if it helps.I would love to hear from anyone else who has used the vaculift.xx
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Hi seabliss so what you are saying is that by toning this muscle actually makes the neck worse?I have been using the rio neck toner for a good while now and the skin has def got looser ,so have now decided to stop .Im just a bit confused when you say the muscle needs to be relaxed to pull the neck up.My neck skin is not crepy it is smooth but it is looser than it should be .I hate it.I have orderd the vaculift as i have read good things about this for the neck.I was going to go for the nuface ageloc that was suggested by the lovely toby but i just cant afford it right now so im saving up for that .The vaculift i purchased from Nanci at Ncn pro skincare, so cant wait to get it and it was not to expensive about £48.oo .I will let you know if it helps.I would love to hear from anyone else who has used the vaculift.xx

Marcia, NOTHING will tighten loose, slack neck skin....no machine, no topical, no exercise. That is simply physiology and every PS will confirm this for you. Your skin just doesn't work that way. You need to excise (remove) the excess skin via a neck lift. Botox will relax the appearance of neck banding, and tightening neck muscles with exercises will give the appearance of even slacker skin because the underlying muscle gets tighter but the overlaying skin cannot be made tighter. The only theoretical way to smooth slack neck skin is to build up your neck muscles---a lot---adding bulk, akin to a thick-necked body builder, which is even less attractive than slack neck skin! LOL! I'm joking about the body builder neck option, but it serves as an illustration of the neck skin-muscles dynamic. Crepiness can be addressed, somewhat, with a topcial but not excess skin. (I need a necklift as well, so this truth is bothersome to me, too, but better to know the facts than to waste your money and hope on doomed treatments.)
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that i think .Well i cant afford a neck lift unless i win the lottery soon .I was just hoping something made a difference to someone that didnt cost the earth xx
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |