Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Does this exist?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:12 am      Reply with quote
My sister pays a monthly fee for a small box of samples of skin and hair products. I plan to ask her about it but she is traveling today and I am impatient!

Allure magazine had something like this at Christmas but I forgot to sign up for it and now it is gone.

Have any of you ladies ever bought into something like this and was it worth it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
There is 3 boxes available in Canada: Topbox, Glymm and Luxe Box.

I was disappointed with my last Luxe Box and the others weren't that great either.

My favorite is Topbox but they are sold out until may.

Glymm is great too, and there is still january boxes available.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:20 am      Reply with quote
New Beauty magazine as a "test tube" that they send out 4 times a year (I think). Can't remember but maybe $30 per tube. They include at least 1 full size product, plus a lot of sample sizes. I got a couple of them. It is great if you like trying a lot of products without paying full price to see how the product works on your skin.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I've had a subscription to Glymm, Luxe Box, and Top Box for the last two months. My November Top Box was sent to the wrong address so it was a whole month of updates, and eventually being told they lost it. They refunded it, though.

This is a picture of my November Luxe Box.

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, Benefit Cosmetics Total Moisture Cream, Lise Watier Glitter eyeliner, CK Forbidden Euphoria fragrance and a sample of Teaopia tea (I think it was called Fig Cactus). There was also a coupon code for 20% off of a Teaopia purchase.

I've never tried the microfoliant before, so it was nice to try it out without having to buy a full size. Benefit cream wasn't too bad. I'm sure the ingredients list is a mine field, but I was travelling and didn't have a lot of room for my skincare so this little jar was perfect. I don't wear perfume but my mom collects it so that went to her. The eyeliner was nice. I'd never buy a full-size of something so showy, but it's fun to have it for a night out.

I don't have any of my other boxes with me at the moment. But from memory, December Glymm box included: Caudelie Enzyme Mask (really tiny sample), Ahava hand cream, YSL Parisienne perfume (7.5 ml sample, really generous, nice packaging pic 1 + pic 2 - not mine), Sula natural lip gloss in a nude colour (I actually like this because the ingredient list is clean, and I wouldn't buy a lip gloss by myself, but again, it's nice to have). Plus a $10-off card for Glymm store. Also, you accumulate points by reviewing the products you receive, and you can use them to purchase products from the Glymm store (100 points = $10). They carry RMS Beauty, which I'm really interested in trying.

This is a picture of what my December Top Box looked like (not my photo).

Soap from a store in Montreal, Skinceuticals B5 Hydrating Gel, Cargo lip gloss, CoverFX Anti-Aging Primer. I liked the Skinceuticals sample (gave me a chance to compare B5 gel to CSS) and the Cargo lip gloss.

So I'm spending a little over $30 on the three boxes. It's nice to have a treat like this, especially when I get stuff I want to try out. Glymm does regularly feature some natural products (Sula, last month Rahua shampoo+conditioner) if you're concerned about that. I'm going to give it another month or two and then see with which box I'll want to to continue.

By the way, if anyone interested in Glymm would use my referral link http://tinyurl.com/bsmy4nf
that would be pretty awesome.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I got two of the Glymm boxes. The first one was very disappointing. A lot of items that had fragrance (including a vial of fragrance) even though on my profile I selected no fragrance.

The second package was better and did like the Blinc mascara. I would not have paid $24.00 to try a mascara as I thought drugstore mascara were fine. What I really like about the Blinc mascara is it comes off so easy with just water.

Of the the two boxes; I really like the Blinc mascara and I received a nice cosmetic bag.

EDS sells Blinc mascara.

I do recommend that you look at the fine print. Most are auto ship (Glymm is) and be sure to cancel if you do not want another shipment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I read the blog of a gal who gets one called "Birchbox", and she loves it.
Caris
5% products discount

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend that gets glossy box who says it's really worth it, I'm thinking of possibly signing up, but am seeing what she gets over the next couple of months. It's only in the UK, but I wasn't sure where you were

http://www.glossybox.co.uk/?gclid=CMjw4JqUpq0CFSFItAodW1EX1A Smile
CrystalCandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Glossybox will be available in Canada but I don't know when!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Gayle wrote:
I read the blog of a gal who gets one called "Birchbox", and she loves it.

Birchbox is available in the US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I got the Birchbox for a few months and was definitely not worth it. Some times they include non-makeup items (hair elastics, coasters...).
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I would love it if this sort of thing was available in Australia. Everything is over-priced here which makes trying new things expensive and counters arent big on giving out samples - they're scrooges, either that or they keep them for themselves! Laughing
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Glamcat - http://www.lusthaveit.com.au/ and http://www.glossybox.com.au/ are Australian versions of the monthly beauty samples box.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |