Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NuFace
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Also known as MyNuFace. Has anyone tried it? I had the VP of sales come to my spa and demo the product. The short term results are amazing. Can't commment on the long term results as I am still saving up for the device. Looks like EDS sells them here too - as an authorized dealer.

It is micro-current and galvanic.

as per their website:

FDA approved medical device

Microcurrent technology is a gentle, safe, low level electrotherapy to lift and firm the facial muscles. Founded through Bell’s Palsy patients to noninvasively rehabilitate the facial muscles, microcurrent works with muscle memory and “re-educates” facial muscles to be tighter.

Microcurrent is a low-level electrical current which strengthens the facial muscles; the underlying foundation of the skin.

Microcurrent
*benefits the dermis subcutaneous layers of the skin (deeper layers of the skin containing the muscle)
*instant, visible results and long-term benefits
*5-60 minute treatment time
*improves cellular regeneration (collagen and elastin) and facial muscles
*founded to treat Bell's Palsy patients

The galvanic properties let us use water soluable solutions under the required conductive jelly.

Measurement of Output

Microamperes (microamps)- 1/1,000,000th part of an ampere*

Microcurrent is a safe and effective technology for clients who wish to attain/maintain a healthier and younger looking appearance. Microcurrent has been found to:

- improve facial and neck muscle tone
- rejuvenate the skin
- reduce puffiness
- even out skin tone
- improve facial circulation
- aid in skin exfoliation
- increase lymphatic drainage
- increase product penetration
- act as a sun damage treatment
- reduce cellulite
- enhance the body’s natural collagen and elastin production
- re-hydrate the skin
- increase cellular metabolism (ATP)
- improve hormonal balance which aids in the successful treatment of acne
- tighten enlarged pores allowing for an easier make-up application

Benefits of Microcurrent & Cosmetic Surgery
For patients who have had a surgical facelift, laser treatments and/or Botox or injectables, microcurrent treatments can amplify results and promote healing functions 5 times faster than the body is normally capable of performing during the healing process. Pre and post-operative usage of microcurrent can relieve potential pain or numbness and eliminate the possibility of side effects, risks, swelling, scarring and bruising associated with plastic surgery and more invasive treatments. Microcurrent has been found to:

- improve overall skin texture and circulation
- soften and prevent scar tissue
- reduce puffiness & fluid retention
- improve muscles tone
- soften lines and wrinkles
- help repair bruised skin
- aid in the relief of pain and inflammation
- help maintain the results of surgery and peels
- benefit pre and post-operative care

I have only been able to play with this twice a week. I have a droopy eye on the right side that has bugged me for years. After 2 uses, my brow was raised and looks normal. The sides on my face felt firmer when I tap them. But without the daily follow-up (for 90 days) the results were gone in 48 hours. I need one so I can zap myself daily!
The only draw back is you dont feel or hear anything. No sizzle or muscle twitches. I can tell I am using it because my mouth tastes like i am eating tin foil and if I get to close to my hair line, I feel a weird tapping feeling on my scalp.

It can be used on any skin with muscle - arms, legs, butts and abdominals. I am excited about using it.

This is not affiliated with NuSkin and NuSkin is no longer able to claim skin tightening - just galvanic reactions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
This was on another thread and I thought it would be helpful here.
caliopejo wrote:
I get the best results with the newer all-natural gel. It doesn't have any irritating elements in it and has a silky texture to it. I've used just the mist before, but I don't see the same results. During a demo with a rep, they said that the gel is formulated especially to conduct the microcurrent and other gels or mists won't conduct the current as far. I wouldn't recommend making your own gel or concoction as it probably won't work properly. Plus, since it is technically an FDA cleared medical device, the gel has to be approved, too.

I am in my 30's and have seen great differences in my skin. It has improved the texture and smoothness all around. My cheeks look plumper, my jowls are tighter and the deep 11 lines in between my brows have softened.

I've used the device on women (and men) of all ages and most see an overall tightness after the first use. I tell them to focus on the length between the jaw and cheekbone and it looks tighter after doing one side. Also, the cheekbones pop, the brow is lifted and the eye appears more refreshed and open. You can also see the corners of the mouth lifted and after continual use, the wrinkles will soften.

Also this is a thread that was started in 2006, I think.....I bought a Nuface in 2008 and was ready to sell it on ebay unitl I read what caliopejo posted. I messaged caliopejo and with her advice and I have revisited the use of the Nuface. I had been disappointed with it when I used it in 2008....didn't feel the current and tried it four times and then into the drawer in went. I have been using the advanced techniques as listed on the website and I am really liking it as a very quick effective lift....maybe caliopejo will come and join the discussion since she uses in her work. Very Happy The link
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18130&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=nuface&start=0

5% products discount

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I think the fact that you don't feel anything is a benefit, not a drawback at all!

I've been using NuFACE professionally and personally for many years, so let me know if you have any questions.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
It's nice to have an expert on board. Thanks for being her Caliopego and offering your knowledge.
I ordered gel from EDS (natural variety it is) and as soon as it arrives I'll be using NuFce once again. I am chomping at the bit to get working on my lower face mostly. I am a big fan of facial exercises and anything that helps it along is big on my list.
The demo's on the nuface site are with the Trinity model. The 'old' site used demo's with the original model.

Caliopego - Do you feel these models are similar or same in results and in the manner they are to be used?

Do you recommend doing the entire "basic" routine first and then after completed go right into the Advanced routine? What time commitment do you see this taking?

A few more question please Question How many days a week is optimal to get a true result in the beginning? and how long until you can taper back to less days? And when you taper back what is recommended number of days to maintain results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
This is a repost of mine on the old Nuface thread....I guess I didn't really believe "less is more" four years later I do! Why do I have to learn the hard way Laughing

Toby wrote:
I read the posts about the Nuface and ordered. I found a source for information on the nuface and I will pass it on to all of you. She is a esthetician and she said nuface can be used for 20 minutes for the ultimate lift. She also has used it on people that have had huge weight losses and it has tighten up skin all over the body. I had a question about the difference in this unit and the derma tone or Suzanne Somers facemaster and this was her response to me in an email

My question started by asking why the current is so light compared to the derma tone and this is the response.

More is not Better!

In the aesthetic industry “more is not better” is a term estheticians live by, especially when it comes to our facial muscles. For that reason microcurrent is used in luxurious spas to re-educate the facial muscles, the treatment is known as a “noninvasive facelift”. Microcurrent is a low level current that is said to mimic our own bodies current. Microcurrent is used to lift and tone the facial muscles, increase collagen, elastin, ATP and circulation. Thus the face takes on a more youthful appearance with lifted muscles, reduced lines and wrinkles, and an even skin tone.

In the mass market there are various at home devices that claim to deliver a variety of benefits to the face. Most “facial stimulators” on the market emit a current called TENS- which is a 1000 times greater than microcurrent. TENS units are powerful enough to contract the muscles although long term can atrophy the facial muscles and have been found to actually deplete our cells of protein (collagen and elastin) and ATP (function of the cells to detoxify and promote cellular turnover).

Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Generally not worth the $.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I ordered gel from EDS (natural variety it is) and as soon as it arrives I'll be using NuFce once again.

Aha.. I didn't know EDS had the new gel until I saw your post. Thanks for the heads up!
Will put one in my next EDS order and see how it goes.
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Toby or any other expert in NuFace vs Safetox comparisons: Does the NuFace help to tone the forehead and NL lines? My safetox just broke and I'm looking for a new device to help with NLs and forehead furrows. Thanks!
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
Hey Toby or any other expert in NuFace vs Safetox comparisons: Does the NuFace help to tone the forehead and NL lines? My safetox just broke and I'm looking for a new device to help with NLs and forehead furrows. Thanks!

For a quick fix I would look in the Tua Trend. Nuface doesn't really do anything for the skin except tone it a little.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:

It should. You use it all over the whole face so all lines are softened. I can seee it helping with the "11s" in between the brows even though you don't actually use it over that spot. NL - I don't know for sure. I still just use it a few days a week at work, as soon as I get one for home use I will update. My guess is it will help. Should help everywhere except if you have little lines around the lips. I am thinking only the Opal or injectable fillers will plump up the little lip lines. As a former smoker, I really hope to be wrong!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
The Nuface Trinity was featured on QVC tonight and I missed it but this is the video clip
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A221943.desc.NuFACE-Trinity-AtHome-Microcurrent-Facial-Toning-Device
It appears to be the same as the original but new design and chargeable instead of batteries.
Anyone want to report on the new Trinity?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Hey Toby, I know you have the old Nuface, but I know you have started incorporating it again into your routine. Do you think it is helping? I did go ahead and order a cheapie refurbished aka "refreshed" one but have not gotten it yet. Hope to hear good results as my safetox is broken.

Thanks
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm back using my nuface and feel it adds to a refreshed (toned?) look. I put in about 10 minutes every morning and have been for a few weeks now. I actually feel the current sometimes which is kind of cool!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
Hey Toby, I know you have the old Nuface, but I know you have started incorporating it again into your routine. Do you think it is helping? I did go ahead and order a cheapie refurbished aka "refreshed" one but have not gotten it yet. Hope to hear good results as my safetox is broken.

Thanks

Yes I am using the Nuface and have been doing so since the first of Dec.I do notice a nice lift and it seems to prevent that tired look at the end of the day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

Yes I am using the Nuface and have been doing so since the first of Dec.I do notice a nice lift and it seems to prevent that tired look at the end of the day.

I know you also were / are using the Tua... do you use both in your routine? Or do you switch off to change things up? Do you get a different benefit from each?

I guess I'm Little Miss Questions today, lol!
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the nuface during a black friday sale last thanksgiving. (Right before the Trinity came out, so annoying!) I am 35 and have acne and acne scars and hoped it would help with that as well.

I used it 5 mins a day for the first month and didn't see much difference. But then I followed the advance routines when they posted videos for the Trinity, and really kept at it for 20-30 mins a day maybe 5 days a week. After about a month of that I really see a difference. My skin is more clear, and I look less exhausted. That for me is really great and something that has been frustrating about aging, I always look so tired even when I've been sleeping well.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Even though I still get some pimples, I haven't gotten a deep cystic one since I've been using it. I also use retin a at night, and a serum with 2% salicylic acid by day.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
Toby wrote:

I know you also were / are using the Tua... do you use both in your routine? Or do you switch off to change things up? Do you get a different benefit from each?

I guess I'm Little Miss Questions today, lol!

It is great to ask questions....only way to find things out Wink I really love the Tua Viso but it is a device that requires time...that is something I don't have. I have shelved the Tua Viso and brought out the Nuface because it takes so little time and yet it does provide lift.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

I really love the Tua Viso but it is a device that requires time...that is something I don't have. I have shelved the Tua Viso and brought out the Nuface because it takes so little time and yet it does provide lift.

Thanks for the info! I've got the Tua Trend which I'm thinking isn't as time-consuming as the Viso model.

I was wondering since they're both microcurrent but it seems the Tua machines provide a noticeable muscle contraction while the NuFaces don't. It sounds like the outcome is the same, just a time-involved issue. Good to know. Cool
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
feeling the need to chime in here.
I've just had the opportunity to get treatments with the professional microcurrent machine called Beautiful Image.
you get 10 successive treatments 1 or 2 times a week, then once per month maintenance.
I'm going on my 8th week and am blown away by this damn machine...

I look sooo good... just like myself only way better -- like i did 10 years ago (actually more). It has lifted AND plumped my skin. Right after a treatment i look about 25, but then i slowly loose the gain... the thing is, there is always some gain that remains, and each time it lasts a little longer...

Now, this was gifted to me, and i was very skeptical. Especially as i saw the gain lost. Thought my friend had wasted her money... now i'm becoming a believer, (although now i'm questioning the once a month maintenance...)
Anyway, i've been thinking (and plotting) that maybe a home device might be all i need in between the Mother treatments. Maybe NuFace is it?

If any body has the opportunity to get the full protocol with Beautiful Image, i think you'll find it lives up to it's promise (and probably find it's what you've been after).

m
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Hey gals,

So I've been using the nuface and I get that you dont really feel anything, but I decided to test it on the highest setting on bare skin, and only feel zaps out one probe and not the other. I put one of the probes next to the skin and feel zaps, but when I put the other probe, I don't feel anything out of that probe. Have you guys felt this? Is this normal? I'm afraid I may have a defective nuface as I bought it refurbished from the company.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
Hey gals,

So I've been using the nuface and I get that you dont really feel anything, but I decided to test it on the highest setting on bare skin, and only feel zaps out one probe and not the other. I put one of the probes next to the skin and feel zaps, but when I put the other probe, I don't feel anything out of that probe. Have you guys felt this? Is this normal? I'm afraid I may have a defective nuface as I bought it refurbished from the company.

I would contact the company but my guess is the rods are one positive and the other negative. You might not feel the zap from one probe....but I am sure the Nuface folks could help since that is where you purchased the unit.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I have been using NuFace for a couple of weeks now, and i really like it. It's hard to notice the difference on myself, but my friends are commenting that i look less tired etc, and more fresh. My skin feels very soft after i use it too. As for the not feeling anything when you use it. I can say i do occasionally feel an electric shock feeling, not painful but i really feel it. Especially when it touches a dry part of my face like my nose. I don't mind this, but i'm surprised other don't feel anything at all..
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this thread up

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
This bump is reminding me I need to use my NuFace more often!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |