Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ha anyone tried the Phillips Lumea IPL device?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I really tired of shaving, waxing etc. and the Phillips Lumea has caught my attention. has anyone tried it? Will it keep you hair free? Other cheaper and better alternatives? They sell on ebay for aound 500 USD.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe there aren't more posts about this product. Though I guess it's not exactly a skin care product in the strict sense. I bought this device end of 2012. It's the best money I have ever spent(closely followed by Philips Reaura)on any personal care product.

I've been struggling with facial hair since I was a teenager (I'm nearly 60). I've had electrolysis for over 40 years, tried IPL, wax, creams, plucking... Everything. Nothing worked. I'm not covered in hair. Just some dark hair on my chin and upper lip that were always more than a young girl/woman wants to see. And as I've got older it's got worse, until at menopause I was distraught. I started finding spikes of dark hair. Ugh. So I bought the Lumea for my face rather in desperation and wondering if I was throwing more money away. But I have been absolutely amazed by the results. I didn't intend to use it anywhere else, but the results on my face were so amazing I thought I'd try other areas. On my face, strong dark hair disappeared within 4/6 weeks. I tried it on other areas of my body .. Underarms, legs, bikini line... All clear within a few weeks. Granted I am still doing a top up every 2/3 weeks.. But it takes 10 minutes.
It uses IPL (intense pulsed light,) which I've had in salons, but has had limited effect. I'm not entirely sure why the home use device is so much more successful,but probably a combination of more regular use on targeted areas. I know which bits of my face need targeting, whereas a beautician does not. I can't rate this product highly enough. It is bliss to have a hair free face .. To say nothing of other areas. All those needles (electrolysis,) waxing etc mark your skin over the years, but it is finally beginning to recover. And I'm hair free! Yeah! I want everyone to have one Very Happy
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does it only work on coloured hair? Gosh I wish I had known about this even 5 years ago! I did not finish laser while hair was still coloured, now it seems my only option is electrolysis.
Bluegentian
5% products discount

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mismis. Well.. it works better on coloured/darker hair, but I have found it works too on any hair that is not absolutely white. The darker/more pigmented hairs are the ones that disappeared pretty quickly, in a matter of weeks. But I had quite a lot of finer fair to dark blonde hair on my upper lips,chin. I am surprised to see that this has diminished, though not gone. I still get the odd dark hair reappearing (little blighters), so I do a quick blast on my face every 2 weeks. But on the rest of my body I leave it 3/4 weeks or even more.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I own one and am really happy with it. I bought it in December 2011 and treated my lower legs and armpits (strong dark hair in both areas) until June/July 2012 with good success. I still only spot treat my legs now, because not all the hair is growing back. Regarding the armpits, I had to treat them again for a few months but will now be almost hairfree during the summer, I think.

It will not keep you hairfree forever according to Philips. Just for a longer amount of time.
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I own one of these - bought it in 2010 - quite expensive so did a lot of research beforehand but I have been very happy with it. I use it intermittently now. Have found that regrowth is slower and much more sparse over time.
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:22 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie

Yes I'm in UK. Have to dig the model no out but it was the first model with the face attachment. It has a purple handle. Still going strong after 2 years. Don't really use the face attachment but I won't be without my IPL for hair. When this wears out I will def purchase another. Tx
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Chiqui65 for pointing this thread out to me! I must have missed this thread! Smile

Thanks for your reply, Tracey! No need to pull it out, I was just curious!

I'm hoping this device would eradicate the hair from my face! Bad Grin

I'll probably just have to take the plunge and see what it does for me. As with everything, results may vary!

Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I have had many IPL's in the past for rosacea, broken caps, etc.
Does this work on these issues as well or is it just facial hair? That I don't have other than a little peach fuzz.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Just hair. It isn't strong enough to target veins. There is no home device that will zap those sadly.

AnnieR wrote:
I have had many IPL's in the past for rosacea, broken caps, etc.
Does this work on these issues as well or is it just facial hair? That I don't have other than a little peach fuzz.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Actually, the Lumea was conceived for body hair orginally. Then they added a head for facial hair to the next model.
I have the first model (don't have dark facial hair) and am still quite happy with it for my legs and underarms. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |