Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Anyone tried anti ageing Dove Strength Within Supplements ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Felicity77
5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:09 am      Reply with quote
There was a lot of press here in the UK a few months ago regarding the Strength Within Supplements, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried them and if they are worth the 35 pounds a month? its quite alot so they would really have to be special, so if anyone has given them ago I would appreciate hearing from them before investing in the product:)

I cant post links but they were talked about in a lot of online newspapers, magazines and beauty blogs.

Blurb: The world’s very first anti wrinkle pill, Dove Spa Strength Within Beauty Supplement claims to significantly reduce wrinkles from the inside, especially those deep wrinkles that are so difficult to treat with creams alone.
Could reduce crows' feet by up to 30 per cent in 14 weeks and stimulated skin to produce "significantly more fresh collagen".
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
If you post exactly what is in the product, it would be relatively easy to evaluate the efficacy and value for money. Do you currently consistently meet or exceed all our government's recommendations for healthy eating and lifestyle? Are you pre- peri- or post-menopausal, if the latter are you on HRT?

Have you read this?
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21128314.300-first-antiwrinkle-pill-shows-signs-of-success.html?full=true

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Felicity77
5% products discount

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, interesting reading!

'Includes isoflavones from soya. Other ingredient in the capsules is omega-3, vitamin E, vitamin C and lycopene'

but I'm not sure how much of each or if there is anything else in them.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
If you post exactly what is in the product, it would be relatively easy to evaluate the efficacy and value for money. Perhaps go into Boots and take notes/ photographs or Google it? Sorry but I am not doing all the legwork for you.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:37 am      Reply with quote
We heard about Strength Within even here in the US...I am sure it will land here eventually!

If you want to try something less expensive, I got the "dinging out wrinkles" effect from hyaluronic acid. I had a line starting above my lip and its gone! Plus fine lines by my eyes.

Fish Collagen with ha is an inexpensive and effective choice. Read the review here

http://www.amazon.com/Neocell-Collagen-Hyaluronic-Capsules-Count/dp/B001FFCG38/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1327159037&sr=1-1
Felicity77
5% products discount

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I am trying to find out the exact ingredient list. I have tried downloading images of the box from google images and then increasing the size but still can't read it.

I have asked a blogger who uses them to let me know what is in them/proportions/rda etc. It seems you can only buy them from the Dove Spa website.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps e-mail Dove Spa?

Felicity77
5% products discount

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Great idea, I have emailed Dove Spa, lets see how good their customer service is!

Smile
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:29 am      Reply with quote
It will be interesting to see how fast they reply and how open they are. Wink

Felicity77
5% products discount

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Dove spa still haven't answered my email in regards to the ingredients in Strength Within supplements.

I did another google search for reviews from people who have taken them, couldn't really find anything except the original articles and press from when they first came on the market. In fact this thread comes up on the second page for Strength Within supplement reviews!

I reckon if they were as amazing as the advertising says, people would be writing reviews on them?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:13 am      Reply with quote
If the Dove product is not widely available and so pricey I doubt that many people have tried them. I am sure you could get the same results with a low glycaemic index, nutrient-dense diet plus a couple of well chosen supplements. If you feel you want targeted direction over and above our government's recommendations for healthy eating, you might consider 'Feed Your Face' by Jessica Wu or 'Wrinkle free Forever' by Howard Murad (both dermatologists). In general you want piles of fruit and veg, plenty of oily fish and very little sugar or refined/ white carbs. Wink

softcare

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 am      Reply with quote
The active ingredient (other than some vitamins) is soy isoflavones. There is a lot of medical evidence that this works for wrinkles. It was popular as a skin cream ingredient back 6 or 7 years ago, now rarely do you find it. Why in pill format, I don't know. Face cream seems like it would get it where you need it most. Not too many of us concerned about toe wrinkles.
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
If you scroll down to the end of this article, they discuss ingredients

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21128314.300-first-antiwrinkle-pill-shows-signs-of-success.html?full=true
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I recall dr. Perricone having something similar and very $$$$. I never will pay for prepackaged portioned supplements that cost more than if I just bought them myself and combined them.

I've never heard of anyone claiming they look so much better from taking them..other than the companies selling them.

Now, I have seen many who say green smoothies and eating greens has helped their skin as well as drinking water...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yes!!! Green Smoothies, spirulina, green food - pure water = happy skin. I also use hyaluronic acid capsules and some form of omega 3 - Krill is great. Lately I'm into flax or primrose.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking these supplements since dec30. You have to take them for 14weeks for full results. At the moment I am only a third of the way in. My skin does feel smoother somewhat but hard to tell full result. I will report back in 14weeks with this.
Felicity77
5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:11 am      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
I have been taking these supplements since dec30. You have to take them for 14weeks for full results. At the moment I am only a third of the way in. My skin does feel smoother somewhat but hard to tell full result. I will report back in 14weeks with this.

Thanks zizi, would be very interesting to hear how you get on with the Strength Within supplements. Hopefully they will be worth the price Smile
Felicity77
5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 am      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:

Also, would you be able to list the ingredients on the packet if its not too much trouble? That would be amazing!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Felicity77 wrote:
zizi wrote:

Thanks zizi, would be very interesting to hear how you get on with the Strength Within supplements. Hopefully they will be worth the price Smile

Please do post back and also please include your age and skin issues. TIA

Edited to add: Wouldn't it be nice if this product really worked. I no doubt would buy it but first I would buy their stock. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Edited to add: Wouldn't it be nice if this product really worked. I no doubt would buy it but first I would buy their stock. Smile

Laughing Clever! It may well work but I'd like to see research on non-menopausal women, and to know more about the previous diets of the participants. And the ingredients/ amounts in the product, to see if DIY is cheaper. Many of us on EDS are taking essential fatty acids anyway, if the extras are just lycopene and phytoestrogens ...

Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Laughing Clever! It may well work but I'd like to see research on non-menopausal women, and to know more about the previous diets of the participants. And the ingredients/ amounts in the product, to see if DIY is cheaper. Many of us on EDS are taking essential fatty acids anyway, if the extras are just lycopene and phytoestrogens ...

Just this morning I was reading an article about buying stocks from products you use. Of course I can't find the article to post. Many many many years ago a friend practiced this and bought stock from the company that put pantyhose in plastic eggs. She made a bundle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I have the box in front of me

3 tablets

protein 0.37
carb 0.31
fat 1.51
from which

omega 3 (dha/epa) 0.66

vit e 30mg
vit c 180mg
lycopene 3mg
soy isoflavones 40mg

ingredients fish oil, bovine gelatine, vit c stablizer (beeswax) humectant (glycerol) soy extract sweetener (sorbitol) natural orange flavouring, tomato extract, vit e emulsifier (lecithin), colour (e172).

box says
dove spa has developed Srength within anti wrinkle supplement after more than 5 years of clinical research by a team of leading scientists dermatologists and nutritionists.

this patent pending supplement is clinically proven to reduce lines and wrinkles showing greatest efficacy on deeper wrinkles.

forumlated with isoflavones extrated from natural soy beans together with lycopene and vit e. reinforced with vit c to support natural formation of collagen in the skin with nourishing omega 3 essential fatty acids.

HTH anyone. please ignore spelling mistakes - i typed really fast

Very Happy
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:07 am      Reply with quote
also answer to question,

I am 51 and looking to maintain skin, and maybe reduce any fine lines that are beginning to appear.
Felicity77
5% products discount

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Zizi!

Really appreciate you taking the time to list what's in them. I already take lycopene (4mg)and omega 3 (1000mg), however the Strength Within supplements may have a better 'delivery system', or something like that, so they are absorbed better by the body?

Will be interesting to find out how you do after the full 3 months.

Cheers

F xx
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I dont quite get it. The doses of the vitamins and fish oil is quite low and I already took most of them except lycopene. I shall wait and see.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |