Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
My RapidLash review (with pictures)!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
(Since I am still a new member and cannot post pictures until I've made 50 posts, Nonie has been kind enough to pm me to say she would post them for me. So the pictures will follow shortly after this post. Thanks Nonie!)

I love Rapidlash, but it took a while longer than the 3-6 weeks before I noticed the slightest results with it. I first started to notice some length after about 7 weeks. Each week after that, I noticed a little more length. Plus, they started to curl on their own, and it looked like I was getting another row of lashes.

They are nowhere near looking like false eyelashes, but with my lash primer on and two light coats of mascara, my lashes look twice as long as they did when I wore the primer and mascara before starting with it.

It's now been a year that I've been using Rapidlash. I've had no problems with it like irritation or lash fallout.

(Okay, the before and after pictures should follow shortly.)
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Here are Sandooch's pics:

Lashes before Rapidlash (no mascara):

Lashes after 12 weeks of using Rapidlash (no mascara or eyelash curler used):

Before side view (no mascara):

After 12 weeks of Rapidlash (no mascara or eyelash curler used):

And this was taken recently, after about a year of starting Rapidlash (with one coat of primer and two light coats of mascara):

Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Sandooch I know mascara makes a difference so it'd be nice to see your lashes with mascara before. Still looking at the first pic beside the last one is like looking at day and night side by side. Shock

Image Image

Awesome!

Even the difference between second pic, where you'd gotten some growth, beside the last one is impressive:
Image Image
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Nonie...for posting my pictures and the compliments.

I know; I should have taken a before with mascara to really show the difference. I also should have taken a more recent picture of my lashes without mascara since I feel they are a little longer and fuller now than they were in the 12-week after picture. In fact, I have this one crazy long lash in the middle of my other eye that is almost twice as long as the others. Laughing It's really funny how that one took off like that.

I also forgot to mention that before starting RapidLash I was losing a couple eyelashes every day or so. Now, I hardly ever notice any lashes have fallen out. So I know they are stronger now.

Even though they are not super long now, I'm happy to have found a product that has at least given me back the lashes I had when I was in my 20s and 30s. Actually, they may just be a little longer now than they were back then. Wink
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
WOW!!! Great pictures!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Laura. Smile
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting. I used to use Rapidlash but stopped when they reformulated. I was afraid it wouldn't work without whatever it was they were forced to remove.

I use Careprost. While it makes my lashes longer, they look kind of spindley and I need more volume. I have issues applying mascara due to some going in odd directions. Some tend to clump and others have too much fiber in them which makes them look odd.

Also, my left eye looks so much better than my right eye. I wonder if another product would make them thicker than Careprost or if I'd get similar results.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Bordnfl2, I'm curious, before you stopped using RapidLash, how was it working for you?
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Wow this is amazing! Thanks for the pics!
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Rapidlash worked better for me than the Careprost but at times I had areas where they seemed to fall out at once. I have okay volume but once you add more length, I think it tends to make them look thinner.

I have to pay extremely close attention to how I apply my mascara and some brands definitely look better than others. When I get a chance I'll post a picture.

I have lots of Careprost left but think I may try the Rapidlash again.
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Wow Sandy! What an amazing result! Where did you buy the rapidlash?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Camille and Swissmom, thank you both for the compliments.

Swissmom, I bought mine from Amazon.com. When I first started buying it there, it sold for around $25. Now, a year later it's selling there for arund $38. I guess it's getting popular, but at least it's not at the $50 it sells for on the RapidLash site. Wink

Bordnfl2, I would love to see some pictures!
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Smile I'll try to get some pics this week. Thanks for posting yours!
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I will check out Amazon!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck with it, Swissmom. Hopefully, we'll see some before and after pictures of your lashes in the coming months. Very Happy
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
What primer and mascara do you use?

my lashes are pathetic...so I would like to give your complete regimen a try. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
My primer is Lancome Cils Booster XL and the mascara I'm loving right now is Rimmel Lash Accelerator. When I'm in a rush, I skip the primer and two coats of this mascara will still give me twice as much length and is not clumpy at all.

Good luck to you, essq2w3e4r!
annahlara1
5% products discount

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
@ Sandooch

I ahve been considering using rapidlash too but the problem is that there are people (google it) that say that these kind of products also tend to make the iris darker, meaning your eyecolour.
Did you notice any darkening or any change in your eyecolour since using Rapidlash ?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Anna, no, I did not have this happen and have not seen any reviews of Rapidlash where anyone has said it's happened to them. I do not think Rapidlash has the ingredient in it that may cause this like Latisse does. Maybe someone here who is familiar with both knows for certain.

I have read just a small few reviews where some people said it stung their eyes after application and their eye got irritated so they stopped. Again, that didn't happen to me at all, and I'm usually quite sensitive to many skin care products.
leens83

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:20 am      Reply with quote
great pics sandooch! i bought my rapidlash today after seeing your post Smile do you curl your lashes too? If so, do you use the traditional curler or a heated one?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks leens, and best of luck to you with Rapidlash. I hope you are one of those lucky reviewers who comment that their lashes got so long they could feel them touching their sunglass lens.

I rarely curl my lashes anymore because they have a nice curl now from using Rapidlash. But once in a blue moon I will curl them if I really want them to pop for a special event. I like using a heated eyelash curler. I think it holds the curl longer.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
WOW, I have to run down to costco and get one for myself
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, wylone. I hope you'll be posting before and afters in a few weeks.

In all honesty, I decided to try careprost, after reading all the fabulous reviews here on it, since it is comparable in cost to RapidLash and is said to be the generic version of Lastisse. I haven't received it yet, but it should get here any day now.

I will be sure to come back here after using Careprost for 6-8 weeks or so and give my opinion on it compared to RapidLash. As excited as I am to try Careprost, there is a little voice in my head whispering, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" regarding the RapidLash. But I'm a sucker for trying new products, especially if they don't cost an arm and a leg and people here have given it excellent reviews.

I'll take some before and afters of the Careprost and post those here as well.
getproducts
5% products discount

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I use Lancome Definicils mascara and Lancome Cils Booster as well. Does anybody else has a good mascara reccommendation? I need
-not clamps - this is very important
-lengthening
it is hard to get truthful information online, I think only forums are reliable
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
getproducts, you really should try the Rimmel Lash Accelerator. It's under $10, lengthens well and no clumping. I even like it better than the few I've tried from Lancome.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |