Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Newbie in Need of Help (Facial Exercises)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SexySweeper

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Yay! My first post! Hello all! I'm a newbie and I really could use some advice regarding facial exercises. I just turned 36 last week and the signs of aging have been showing around my eyes. I look very tired. I have a 2yr old and a 1yr old and the 1yr old is still breastfeeding. I'm just now able to get more sleep since he's sleeping better at night. Also, I wear glasses and the nose guards have made indentations in my nose! Eww... I plan to switch to contacts. My mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her I wanted a facial exercise program. I haven't purchased one yet but I'm mainly leaning toward Carolyn's because of the price. I've been devouring this site trying to get all the info I can but I finally decided to do a post because my online time is limited. Here are my questions:
1. Do you know of any free facial exercises that I can do (mainly for my eye area) until I purchase my program. I found the youtube video for Tanaka Face Massage
2. Will I be able to get rid of these indentations in my nose from my glasses?
3. What facial exercise program do you like best?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 am      Reply with quote
1. Do you know of any free facial exercises that I can do (mainly for my eye area) until I purchase my program. I found the youtube video for Tanaka Face Massage

I love Tom Haggerty's site,www.shapeyourface.com. He details 5 exercises there for the whole face and they are really effective. Tanaka worked great for me till I tried something else - so if you tried Tanaka and it worked, don't deviate from it.

I think so, but I'd guess you won't be able to do that only with exercises but will have to massage too. Do you still wear the glasses? It may be that you need to work hard on removing he indentations but I think it could be done. If lines can be removed, I don't see why indents can't.

I think your going to get 101 different answers for this one. I started out in my 50's, when I lost weight and my face showed terrible results. I began with Eva Fraser, tried Facial Magic, did Carolyns, did Maggios, did FlexEffect, and of course Ageless and probably everything in between, and for me I like to mix and match based on what my face needs or warrants. My lower face for me is the tricky element. Some programs when I've done them in full don't give my lower face the results I like, and all I want is the area to be firm and toned. So I tend to do a lot of mixing and matching and thats very common. So you may find that as time passes you want to add more and more to your routine and let no one tell you not to. Your results should dictate your actions in my book.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SexySweeper

I second the Tom Hagerty's Shape Your Face suggestion. Please read the whole forum before you start and when you do start, pay attention to proper form. Be gentle. Focus on keeping the face relaxed and make sure it's moisturized. Don't worry if you can't do all the exercises as well as Tom does. Focus on proper form and let the muscles develop strength so that you will be able to do the exercises better.

I don't know the answer to that but I'd guess that if you did nothing but just stopped wearing glasses the indentation would go away on their own. (Just a guess). If you have a dark mark, I think it'll fade too with normal exfoliation whether natural or manual. Using sunblock will help too, I think.

I have three: Eva Fraser's Facial Fitness, Tom Hagerty's Shape Your Face, and Carolyn Cleaves' Carolyn's Facial Fitness. I did Eva's for 15 years and I have been doing CFF for 5+ years. I do Tom's when I don't have time to do CFF. All three programs have served me well.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
t I'm mainly leaning toward Carolyn's because of the price.

Of the twenty or so programs out there that I'm familiar with, I think CFF is the 2nd or 3rd most expensive one. If price is a major concern, there are lots of cheaper programs out there, e.g., Carole Maggio's Facercise book is only $10-15, depending on which book and version you get. Not trying to steer you towards a particular program, but if price is the most important factor, just wanted to make sure you know that you can get even cheaper programs. HTH Smile

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for your responses!

@TheresaMary - I checked out Tom's site and it seems to have alot of good info. Thanks so much. It's somewhat overwhelming (all the info) but I'm going to give it a try. I haven't been doing Tanaka long enough to see a difference but I like the way my face feels afterward so I will keep it up for now!

@Nonie - Thankfully I didn't develop any dark marks. I didn't know the nose guards were adjustable but I was able to stretch them out a little so maybe that will help. I also plan to wear my contacts more often and of course I will try massaging the area.

@cm5597 - I went to the library and decided on a whim to see if they had any books on facial exercise and they did!!! It's the Carole Maggio book that you mentioned. I was so excited to get it and I am the first person to check it out! I've only skimmed through it so far. I think I will read it before I make my final decision on which program to buy.

I will keep everyone posted! I'm not comfortable posting a pic of my entire face but I do plan to take some for my own personal use. I might change my mind later. I'd probably be willing to post an eye shot since that's my major area of concern.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |