Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
hello!

I have terrible dark circles under my eyes, and I cannnot find the right concealer that would cover them properly Sad

Has anyone tried DERMAdoctor Eye Spy Dark Circle Disguise & Neutralizing Agent or JI Circle delete? Are they any good?

Thanks!
Aga
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,

Have you always had dark circles? I'm not sure if this is true, but when I had my facial the beautician told me that most dark circles are likely to be genetic and due to the fact that the skin is so thin in that area. She said that diet and pollution have a lot to do with it and that it is not possible to ever get rid of them. I'm still holding out hope for the PTR cream. Here it costs £82 at SpaceNK so when I do bite the bullet, I'm def getting it from EDS.

But in reply to your actual question Wink , I haven't tried the concealers you mention, but what has worked for me is applying my BE foundation with a synthetic concealer brush. It truly is fantastic - perfect coverage and it lasts all day. A million times better than all the actual concealers I've tried which just caked or rubbed off.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your response Rzecka! ( is that a last name btw? Smile )

I have tried soo many concealers and they dont go on smooth under my eyes, they are hard to smudge and leave lines. Not to mention I can never find the right color!

I am thinking about trying JI Circle Delete or BE, theres a dermatologist office here that carried JI so maybe they could help me find the right shade...? Unless there's something better out there. But then another dilema: what about foundation? I need something to match the concealer. I have a fair skin with some red tones :s sounds kinda weird lol

Anyway, I am going to try and research what the best foundation would be as well. Maybe a tinted moisturizer? I basically dont like anything that feels like paint on my face lol
Something with good coverage + moisturizing ..

I dont even know when I started getting dark circles. I know I didnt always have them. But now I look like I have black eyes :O
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Aga,

Jane Iredale foundations have good coverage and don't feel heavy on your face. I use their liquid minerals and their disappear concealer. The concealer is slightly drying under the eyes so I'm going to order the circle/delete soon.

I've been happy with all of the JI products, and I've read good things about the circle delete.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Aga Kanebo has a really nice concealer. The brush type, which is my favorite. I use it on my dark circles, and I am happy with the results.

I have also heard good things about the Cle de Peau concealer.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,

Yes my surname is Rzecka Very Happy

I would absolutely definately 100% recommend you try one of the mineral foundations. I promise you that they will not feel like "paint" on your face - in fact it kinda feels like you are wearing no make up at all, but the coverage is great! JI has been very popular round here recently, but I'm loving the dewy look of my BE too much to switch just yet. And the range of colour choices in JI is just Laughing

A great way of starting would be to get the BE starter pack from EDS. It has intro sizes of all you need (foundation, warmth and mineral veil) and you even get a brush and a video which tells you how to use the makeup. Plus its not too expensive and you can use the foundation as a concealer too Very Happy

HTH!
Karolina Cool

ps Drink lots of water - apparently its good for dark circles Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:11 am      Reply with quote
All these Polish people coming out of the woodwork now... Cool

Aga - I would highly recommend the JI Circle Delete - it's very creamy and very easy to blen - perfect for the delicate eye area! I use that on days when I need to and also use the Jane Iredale Pressed base. I'm very pale as well but with yellowish undertones. I'm a Warm Silk in the JI Pressed Base and #2 in Circle Delete. HTH
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:
hello!

I have terrible dark circles under my eyes, and I cannnot find the right concealer that would cover them properly Sad

Has anyone tried DERMAdoctor Eye Spy Dark Circle Disguise & Neutralizing Agent or JI Circle delete? Are they any good?

Thanks!
Aga

Hello, I've tried the Eye Spy but found it hard to blend.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy and Aga, are you both Polish too? Shock Anyone else out there lurking?

Can't go anywhere without bumping into a Polish person Laughing
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:33 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
Mabsy and Aga, are you both Polish too? Shock Anyone else out there lurking?

no but I can pretend if you'd feel better about it Laughing
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing
Mabsy

Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
rofl @ Eve!

I don't know about Aga, but yeah you just can't avoid us! I'm pretty sure there are others here as well Smile
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Oooo that's so cool! Cool
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
hehe, yes I am polish too Smile

I am going to try the JI!

Another thing Shock I know where the dark circles are from!!!! From the trauma to the eye area after rhinoplasty! It's good to know where they came from at least. I know that another lady who had rhino got some bleaching cream for it.

Aga
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
One of my faves is JI circle delete but when I had black/blue circles I LOVED Blue Blocker by silksin.com totally covers up the discoloration. Another Great concealer is Colortrations, like dermablend, Colortration.com (now why name it with an *S* but not have it in the web addy? never got that!) Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
oopps sorry SilkSkin.com (wrong spelling before)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the recomendations ladies!!! Very Happy
gaffer
5% products discount

Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
i have been told that an undereye concealer needed to be yellow in colour to neutralize the undereye circles. i have bought a yellow but notice no difference in coverage from the light/pale colour i was using but the colour are pretty similar. any other colours medium, etc. brought attention to the circles. gaffer
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
There must be something out there to hide these bains of our lives. Super models hide them well. Wonder if any of them read this forum and can help us. Laughing

Ive gave up try as it seems you need to cake the stuff on to cover dark circles and then the cake stands out a mile on your face.

Ive renamed the skin under my eyes and now refer to it as my "luggage". Not exactly Louis Vuitton Sad
LKL6411
5% products discount

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
As someone with hereditary deep circles (worsened with persistent lack of sleep), I think I've tried every "miracle" concealer out there. Amazing Concealer, Cle de Peau, Dermablend, Laura Mercier, Paula Dorf, La Mer, Becca, I could go on and on...

I've yet to find one I think is excellent looking, but the Jane Iredale Circle Delete is among one of the only ones I either haven't returned or continue to use.

It does spread beautifully and blend into the skin well. I don't like using powder over my concealer, but it would probably make the JI product last a little longer. That would be my only complaint.

I didn't have good luck with JI Liquid Minerals (breakouts) or powder, but the concealer is a keeper.

I also have the JI Disappear and find it's a good concealer for blemishes. I wouldn't recommend using it under the eyes at all as it has ingredients meant to help dry up blemishes.

Good luck!

Lisa
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa, another to suffer the lack of sleep. I swear its killing me slowly and as for my eyes....... I need a device to stop me sleeping on my side cause the creases it causes under my eyes dont iron out all day. concealer ? I think whats the point. for me it makes it lok worse or emphasises the point. If only we could get a good 8 hours every day. I'd settle for 6 uniterupted hours. Im not greedy.....
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!!!

SO I got JI circle/delete.

It works quite well to hide the darkness, best of what I tried so far. Smile

The only thing I didnt like was that it does cake-up a little bit and can feel a little dry. Other than that its good.

Aga
Mabsy

Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
I need a device to stop me sleeping on my side cause the creases it causes under my eyes dont iron out all day.

Cindi - I read that this is a sign of dehydration and I'm pretty sure that this is true. When I drink a lot of water these crease marks go away straight away in the morning (if they're even there), but if I'm bad with the water intake then they can stick around for ages and I get to work with them still there Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, I am trying to drink more water, however on a weekend I admit I hardly drink anything. I may as well move my desk to the ladies room right now Laughing
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Back on the forum after a few months off so I'm trying not to repeat what someone else may have said. I have genetic dark circles all around my eyes. I've tried many many products and, so far, my favorite is Bobbi Brown. I use a 3 part concealor; 2 shades of cream and then a powder VERY lightly. I like that "not made up" look and so far this works the best for me. Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |