Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I dont know
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
William1

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well, this is somewhat embarrassing for me i have to say so bare with me.I've done extensive reading on these boards, and else where but i haven't found my answer/s totally so i had to register and ask.

Im not a female concerned about treating anti-aging, fine lines and wrinkles or how / what is the best makeup, most expensive cream for this that or the other thing. I'm a young male nurse (shock and awe ik) looking for information and how to on getting my skin back to before i had to deal with my parents divorce, my fathers alcoholism, my sisters disgust with me regrading favoring a divorce on and on. This caused me to break out severely and i neglected it too long hence causing scarring(pih, shallow scars) and a visit to a derm awhile go. But now im better with the occasional small breakout from my workouts ( and treating past damage which has improved). If it wasn't -20 below zero than i wouldn't have to worry about wearing a ski mask but alas i digress.

So this is what i have and need advise on:
Order of applications: i do understand low pH first, thin to thick consistencies, and tretinoin only at night, and wait times.

But after i was given vitamin c serum recently from a friend to try and help "bright up my complexion and even out my skin tone so they said i became lost. It didn't help that i read at-least 20-30 different forum threads on the products i had been using and thinking that ive been doing it wrong for months.

what i have and what i have been using IN this order:
Differin .1%
BHA 2% gel BID
AHA 10% moisturizor qd

tretinoin .025
and now vitamin c serum 20%

on a side note i was using differin BID i cut down a month ago and then my pharmacist friend got me a small sample tube of tretinoin told me to use at night but she didn't know i was on another retinoid. so i was using both separately. i dont experience irritation at all really. I only stopped and got concerned after doing much extensive reading over the past week or so.

So please ladies help me get back on track and incorporate this small vile of potential goodness into my regiment.

This is long winded and embarrassing for me but oh well such is life. Thanks
William1

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
excuse the medical abbreviations old habit

bid=twice a day
qd=every day

and i will check for replies tomorrow evening. thanks again.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Hey William, welcome to EDS! No need to feel embarrassed around these parts...we welcome one and all and have addressed many an issue...male and female.

I, myself, cannot address acne or breakout issues for I have never had that problem, but there are those with the same issues I am sure will offer tidbits of advice for your situation. I just thought I would bump your thread a bit so you will hopefully get some replies and wanted to say welcome!

Oh, and there are many healthcare workers on this board (myself included) that understand the medical lingo Wink ...Old habits die hard Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Hey William1, just wanted to chime in with Bren and say welcome, and there's seriously NO need for embarassment here... we get more and more men posting here... and its always ok to ask questions.
And are male nurses STILL an anomaly?

I'm no expert, but at the very least I'd recommend that you use the differin/tretinoin & vit c on alternate nights. I'm not sure the condition of your skin and whether it is all necessary, but it seems like you're using a lot of exfoliating products! I'm more of an ocm/tretinoin/VitC girl, with the occasional treatment, but I have no acne.

And I know SOMEONE's going to ask - what are using to cleanse? Sometimes cleansers can be irritating, and be the thing actually responsible for breakouts.
And do make sure you're using a non-irritating suncreen!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
William...

It sounds like your face told the world just how stressed out you were. Bless you! I can't imagine the pain you've been through with all of that.

I first want to make sure that you addressing your stress. Skin tells a story. The inablity to heal is also a sign. Nutrition, Sleep, and RELAXATION.

With regards to product, things I would consider:

A microderm product for an excelerated exfoliation. But don't be overly aggressive. Perhaps 1/week or every other week. Until you know how you handle it. Especially if you are using...

Retin-A at night (as you've already decided on) Proven to correct skin. Love it and recommend it!

Also, do some research on oxidative stress. I'm so over the top right now with a product that REVERSES 40-70% of(clinically proven) oxidative stress. And after researching OS, and all that it contributes to, OH MAN! You've got to slow it down the best you can. And sadly, anti oxidants are not working enough. I've quit using c-serum. And yes, so excited about the product I decided to sell it.

I don't have exceptionally messed up skin. But was hugely complimented by those that were close to me on my skin shortly after I addressed this issue. So PM me if you want to know more. I'd be happy to talk with you. Regardless, just LEARN...LEARN...LEARN about how this impacts you. You will be floored!

Try not to be embarassed, in the same way you would encourage a patient whose modesty just got tossed out the window with a hospital gown!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
William, have you thought about going to a salon and having a facial? Perhaps you are being too harsh on your skin, you are putting on alot of vitamin A and using alot of glycolic acid. Maybe you are over-doing the treatments? My son had a course of roaccutane and is having intermittent break outs, he found that the differin was way too harsh as a topical cream, and his skin was really drying out, causing it to peel but still break out. I purchased a Murad acne kit for him from EDS and this seems to have really calmed his skin down, you could stop all the stuff you're using and try that. The beach has been great for his skin as well and this is with applying truck loads of Invisible Zinc sunscreen (we are in Australia). A salon might be able to help actually identify the areas that need the vit-A creams/glycolic acid and the areas that might be in need of hydrating. You DON'T have to buy their products. Of course they will recommend but you are under no obligation when you go for a facial. I try lots of different salons/day spas every couple of months. One way to try them is with discount vouchers. They can be abit hit and miss though. Good luck.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |