Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

holes in face at 28
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
gene

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
hi guys, i'm new here and am in real need of any advice on facial holes that seem to be spreading . i am 28 years old and afraid that it could get much worse. willing to try anything.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
gene wrote:
hi guys, i'm new here and am in real need of any advice on facial holes that seem to be spreading . i am 28 years old and afraid that it could get much worse. willing to try anything.

Hi Gene:

Do you mean pores? The little holes in the skin through which we sweat as shown below?

Or do you mean craters like these?

I think no one has answered because they were not sure what you mean. Do you have photos?
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gene

I think what you are talking about (holes) are known as ice pick scars to remove them a Dermatologist will cut an X over the top of it allowing them to close through scaring not really noticeable if you get to it before they really get out of hand. Ice pick scars are caused by acne (congested pores) You will need to get on a good skin regime; your Derm will recommend one. DON'T wait around on this! You are right, if you have really oily skin (most ice picks are in T-Zone) they can really get out of hand. Don't worry about the scars left by the Derm they are very faint and usually fade out over time. Now... GET ON IT Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Deb,

just a quick question but did you have successful excision of ice picks done yourself?
Just asking because I've been looking for success stories concerning ice picks and the only ones I've found involved single needling and CPs (and not all people doing it reported good results). With excision it seems to be more even more hit and miss.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Deb,

just a quick question but did you have successful excision of ice picks done yourself?
Just asking because I've been looking for success stories concerning ice picks and the only ones I've found involved single needling and CPs (and not all people doing it reported good results). With excision it seems to be more even more hit and miss.

Hi Penta,

I had one when I was about 18... small and just above the inside corner of my eyebrow. It turned out perfect, no scare whatsoever. I have told many of the procedure and everyone I personally knew and saw the after affect... same thing... perfect Smile

For anyone trying to deal with an ice pick scar (covering with makeup etc.) do yourself a favor...STOP messing with it! Just too easy to get rid of it... 5secs The End. If you are afraid of a little flat scar no wider than the hole itself ...It's a heck of a lot easier to cover a flat scar with makeup than a hole and a lot less noticeable Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Penta wrote:
Deb,

Hi Penta,

I had one when I was about 18... small and just above the inside corner of my eyebrow. It turned out perfect, no scare whatsoever. I have told many of the procedure and everyone I personally knew and saw the after affect... same thing... perfect Smile

For anyone trying to deal with an ice pick scar (covering with makeup etc.) do yourself a favor...STOP messing with it! Just too easy to get rid of it... 5secs The End. If you are afraid of a little flat scar no wider than the hole itself ...It's a heck of a lot easier to cover a flat scar with makeup than a hole and a lot less noticeable Smile

Oh wow! That's wonderful! How many of your friends have gotten the same thing done? And whereabouts are you from?
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:
Penta wrote:
Deb,

Oh wow! That's wonderful! How many of your friends have gotten the same thing done? And whereabouts are you from?

Hi Penta

Like I said I only had it done once I was around 18-19… now 63 I’ve had about 3 to 4 friends who’ve had it done and they’ve had friends do the same, also a few of my FE trainees also had it done. It’s a very simple procedure. Have you checked with a dermatologist yet? Call any Derm’s office and question the receptionist about it i.e., price and results. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Penta wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:
Penta wrote:
Deb,

Hi Penta

Like I said I only had it done once I was around 18-19… now 63 I’ve had about 3 to 4 friends who’ve had it done and they’ve had friends do the same, also a few of my FE trainees also had it done. It’s a very simple procedure. Have you checked with a dermatologist yet? Call any Derm’s office and question the receptionist about it i.e., price and results. Smile

No, no, I have heard of the procedure a million times but very few people actually report good results. If you check the acne.org scars board, people there have little to no success with excision. That's why I never seriously considered it. It sounded like the easiest, quickest solution to me at first, then I heard so much negative stuff about it and got scared.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:
Penta wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:
Penta wrote:
Deb,

Hi Penta

No, no, I have heard of the procedure a million times but very few people actually report good results. If you check the acne.org scars board, people there have little to no success with excision. That's why I never seriously considered it. It sounded like the easiest, quickest solution to me at first, then I heard so much negative stuff about it and got scared.

Hi,
I'm wondering if they tried to take on a hugh problem with ice pick scars or was the scar's a lot bigger than normal ice pick? I'll take a look at the board. An ice pick scar...at least mine, was no bigger than pencil lead. I would think even if the Derm made a mess of it a little re-surfacing of the flat scar would take care of it. No doubt it would depend on each case.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Have you looked at the board?
It seems that all kinds of people have bad results, big holes, small holes, deep holes, shallow holes etc. I have no idea. Maybe people just tend to post negative results rather than positive ones?
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Penta"]Have you looked at the board?
It seems that all kinds of people have bad results, big holes, small holes, deep holes, shallow holes etc. I have no idea. Maybe people just tend to post negative results rather than positive ones?[/quote]

Good point Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Anyway! Thanks for posting with positive results! This totally cheered me up and I'll definitely look into it more! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |