Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Making cream with Argireline
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Atrox

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I am relatively new to making face creams, but want to try one for myself using Argireline (probably at 10%?) and hyaluronic acid. I wanted to ask the forum about adding other ingredients to this such as green tea extract and/or a fruit acid complex. Are either of these compatible with the other 2 ingredients? Does anyone have a recipe they love?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome! Smile Have you checked the Recipe Index in the sticky at the top of this board? Also have you checked the pH requirements of the argireline? Generally peptides/ proteins are pH sensitive.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Here are links that might make life a bit easier...

DIY Skin Care—Recipe Index

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

Places to check on ingredient solubility, ph ect.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39428

HTH Smile

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for the responses, but I already searched the boards and really did not have much luck finding formulas or other specific info. Am I blind?? Thanks again!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Atrox wrote:
Thanks a lot for the responses, but I already searched the boards and really did not have much luck finding formulas or other specific info. Am I blind?? Thanks again!!

Here are 2 Kassy posted on this thread, no you aren't blind (it takes time to get the hang of where to look) Very Happy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=418749#418749

I found two, and am copying them from the original posts.

Here's one;

If you're willing to experiment a little try this;

60% lotion you have on hand (emulsifier is in it more than likely)
10% distilled water (will thin it down)
10% matrixyl 3000
10% SKB
10% divided for the 3 ingredients you mentioned

I would start by adding the 'oils' to the lotion separately, and then add the other ingredients one by one to that.

If you want it more serum like, just reverse the amounts for lotion (10%) + H2O (60%). You might have to adjust it, to incorporate the oils, if 10% isn't working!

ETA: If you have any Emu Oil laying around, a little of that will help boost absorpt

And another; (This is for serious wrinkles)

3oz base cream or lotion (I use lotion)
1 tsp Argereline
1 tsp Hyaluronic Acid
1/2 tsp Matrixyl 3000 (or whatever equals 10% )
1/4 tsp Wheat Protein
1/8th tsp (or pinch) Idebenone

You can get a good base cream/lotion from TPF which has preservatives in it already. Sometimes I just use a decent drug store cream as my base. Just make sure whatever you use, doesn't have mineral oil in it.

All of the actives can be bought at;

http://www.thepersonalformulator.com
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com
http://www.cellbone.com

Cellbone is my favorite. The prices are great, and they send you full size freebies with your order.

Of course any recipe can be tweaked for individual needs, and because my math computations leave plenty to be desired, feel free to double check..

I get a laugh thinking about John accusing me of not liking Matrixyl in the NOTCH thread...

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for finding this for me and for not making me feel like a complete idiot.

So, her formula:
1 tsp Argereline
1 tsp Hyaluronic Acid
1/4 tsp Wheat Protein

Let me ask: I make my own base cream that I like (natural oils, aloe, beeswax, soy lecithin)- does it seems like Kasey is saying I can just add the Argereline and Hyaluronic Acid straight to it? I am not familiar with the other ingredients on her list.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Atrox wrote:
Thanks so much for finding this for me and for not making me feel like a complete idiot.

So, her formula:
1 tsp Argereline
1 tsp Hyaluronic Acid
1/4 tsp Wheat Protein

Let me ask: I make my own base cream that I like (natural oils, aloe, beeswax, soy lecithin)- does it seems like Kasey is saying I can just add the Argereline and Hyaluronic Acid straight to it? I am not familiar with the other ingredients on her list.

I don't see any reason not, that is the fun of DIY as long as all is compatible you can adjust it to suit your needs. Just figure your percentages to your ingredients.
Never feel like you are an idiot, we all have questions and are here to help each other! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Atrox wrote:

So, her formula:
1 tsp Argereline
1 tsp Hyaluronic Acid
1/4 tsp Wheat Protein

I don't see any reason not, that is the fun of DIY as long as all is compatible you can adjust it to suit your needs. Just figure your percentages to your ingredients.
Never feel like you are an idiot, we all have questions and are here to help each other! Very Happy

Wow, that's an old one Laughing

Just want to mention that the "hyaluronic acid" I used was a prepared serum (from the personal formulator) and NOT the powder/active.. Long story short is that you'll want to keep the concentration of HA at 1% (2% at the very most!)

DIY is the very best thing that ever happened to me! Fun, effective as he!! and ridiculously affordable... I'll never be at the mercy of lying a$$ manufacturers again... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Atrox

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply as well Kassy!
Since I've got you here, mind if I ask what you (the the others here) think about adding green tea extract and/or a fruit acid complex to the Argereline and Hyaluronic Acid as well? Thanks!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:39 am      Reply with quote
just wanted to add my 2 cents... although I never used Argereline but I did use snap8 and synake in 10% and 4% respectively and I could swear they erased my fine eye wrinkles and forehead lines.... but I stopped adding these 2 few months ago to my DIY serums and wrinkles did'nt come back, so now I strongly believe that it's all the other good actives I am using that go rid of the fine lines and much more....

now I have renovage which I want to add but I am resisting the temptation... I don't think it ll do much either.. herbal extracts are the best, IMO
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Atrox wrote:
Thanks for your reply as well Kassy!
Since I've got you here, mind if I ask what you (the the others here) think about adding green tea extract and/or a fruit acid complex to the Argereline and Hyaluronic Acid as well? Thanks!

My advice to you is to buy yourself a ready made product that has green tea in it (Juice Beauty has a couple) and then just add your compatible actives to that..

If you want to use vit C + green tea together, you need to use a chelator (Tetrasodium EDTA for one) to prevent pro-oxidation when the metal ion meets the acid. (The chelator scavenges the metal, hence no reaction!) Somewhere at EDS there's a thread where I got beat up plenty trying to explain this.. Laughing Happy to say that the naysayers eventually saw the light.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Purchase a base cream and then add the Argiriline. I was a huge DIY'er before discovering Serious Skin Care which if you check their ingredient lists have some excellent products. I'm liking it so far acheived about as much results as doing it myself but it also cuts out having to spend time making them.

I'd personally recommend using Syn-ake as it's the only ingredient that ever did deliver results for me. My forehead actually felt harder to move while using Syn-ake (the same result as Botox). Argireline never delivered for me.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Thu May 02, 2024 7:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |