Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone use Mineral Powder? If so, are you a fan?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
donna17
5% products discount

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I have bee pondering this purchase for a while now, and it looks really good when its advertised in the commercials, but does it really work? Does it go on naturally and blend in nice with the skin? What brand would you recommend? I have been looking at bare mineral ones.

Thank you : )
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I've used mineral powders - a couple of different ones. I've heard a lot of positive feedback on them, but for me, I thought they accentuated my fine lines and wrinkles.

The one I did like, is the Colorscience Orb, which is really more of a sunscreen powder. It was easy to re-apply on days when I was out in the sun alot and wanted more sunscreen protection. I wouldn't consider it a mineral powder foundation though.
JillieHJ

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Bare Minerals for a while now and have just decided to abandon it. I really liked it at first, but I've come to realize that it has contributed to skin dryness, especially around those areas prone to wrinkles. Thats the last thing I wanted! Also, I am allergic to the eye shadow. I don't really know what I'm going to use next... I don't like regular foundation or anything that clogs the skin.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I love Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base SPF 20. It's not as powdery-looking on skin as the Colorescience SPF 30, and not as messy either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using True Cosmetics compacts for about a year now. I like that it is matte and really blends with the skin looking very natural when you spray some toner or the "mineral mist" they make over it. I have acne prone skin and my skin is really fine with it.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Jane Iredale pure pressed powders. But lately I've been interested in Inika mineral powder as I like their ingredient list moreso. They also claim not to use nano size Titanium dixide, no parabens (which some mineral cosmetics do use) no Bismuth oxichloride (which irritates my skin).

I havn't tried it yet but my facial therapist put some on me once after a facial and it was quite nice.

I'm also weary of using powders on my skin as I find they do accentuate fine lines but I'm finding that foundation in general is causing my breakouts so I have no choice but to try to find something very healthy for my skin.

Lastly if you live in the US there's a mineral powder by Christpher Drummond. He has really good mineral makeup, but its so expensive getting it posted to Australia (where I am from). His ingredient lists look good & my fave is the face highlighter called saude pele. Great stuff!!

Anyways HTHs.
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Benefit mineral foundation before. But compared to liquid foundation, i prefer liquid foundation. It applied better.
If you have slightly dry skin, mineral foundation tend to accentuate the lines more and seem a little flaky.
skinhelp
5% products discount

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried ColorScience, Jane Iredale, YoungBlood and several other mineral loose powder foundations. Every one of them caused me to breakout. I am very sensitive to preservatives and almost every mineral makeup has some type of preservative.

In my never ending search, I have found a great mineral stick foundation (preservative free) that seems to agree with my extremely sensitive skin. It is called MyChelle mineral stick foundation. The trick is to moisturize well before and use a sponge to blend. I have the under eye concealer and the bronzer. I have fairly light skin and use the porcelain color. It is hard to find and I purchase it online from Vitacost.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I've been using minerals for over 10 years. Not all brands are created equal though and people often think because the ingredients are similar they are the same.

I've been a fan of Meow Cosmetics and Lumiere for a while now. I recently got a sample from Makeup Artists Choice and really like that one too. I don't really care for any of bigger brands.

I will also add that I do think there is a learning curve with the loose mineral foundations, less is more.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I received a forum gift from EDS on Bare Eccentuals and I really liked it! In fact, better than those in the department store. I find Bare Eccentuals to be "more natural looking" coverage... I will highly recommend it to someone else, in fact, I recommended my sister to buy!

donna17 wrote:
I have bee pondering this purchase for a while now, and it looks really good when its advertised in the commercials, but does it really work? Does it go on naturally and blend in nice with the skin? What brand would you recommend? I have been looking at bare mineral ones.

Thank you : )
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |