Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best online chemist in the UK to buy Retin-A
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nahm

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for some reputable Retin-A online suppliers in the UK?

Thanks in advance,

Nahm
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-A is a prescription only medication so no reputable UK pharmacy or supplier sells it - that would be breaking the law! You will need to purchase overseas or ask your NHS doctor to write you a private prescription (££). Please do a ton of research first into Retin-A remembering this is a powerful prescription product. There is a lot you need to know about the application amount, frequency, combining with other skincare products, side effects etc.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
nahm

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Firefox.

Yes I agree.

I think I was prescribed Retin A when I was taking Roaccutane, so I am familiar with it. I am also familiar with all the other horrible acne treatments doctors give - particularly panoxyl - horrible stuff. But I figured to get rid of my scars the only cure would be Retin A. I have a doctors appointment this week to discuss, we'll see what she says, but I think I could do a course just to get these horrible purple and red scars under control.

But you're right, I've never bought any perscriptions online, it just doesn't sound right. But as I've already done a lot of aggressive treatments for my skin I thinking I can handle the side affects.

It seems on these forums though most people use Retin A for wrinkles...personally I am not sure how good that can be long term for the skin?
nahm

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Firefox.

Yes I agree.

I think I was prescribed Retin A when I was taking Roaccutane, so I am familiar with it. I am also familiar with all the other horrible acne treatments doctors give - particularly panoxyl - horrible stuff. But I figured to get rid of my scars the only cure would be Retin A. I have a doctors appointment this week to discuss, we'll see what she says, but I think I could do a course just to get these horrible purple and red scars under control.

But you're right, I've never bought any perscriptions online, it just doesn't sound right. But as I've already done a lot of aggressive treatments for my skin I thinking I can handle the side affects.

It seems on these forums though most people use Retin A for wrinkles...personally I am not sure how good that can be long term for the skin?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Agree wholeheartedly benzoyl peroxide is horrible! As is Roaccutane but a necessary evil in cases of resistant acne.

AFAIK Retin-A is licensed for both ageing and acne, and this is obviously based on research. IMO like any prescription drug it works well for some people but for others the side effects outweigh the benefits. Some skins just cannot take it, they end up with chronic irritation or inflammation which clearly is not healthy dermatologically. Other people find it a miracle worker, even with long term use.

Retin-A is not necessarily the best treatment for scarring, sometimes gentler healing topicals can be as or more effective. If your scars are still red/ purple presumably they are still in the 'remodelling' stage and not old scar tissue? Have you tried aloe vera gel? Its wound healing, anti-inflammatory and collagen inducing properties are surprisingly well researched. You might also look into DragoN's KinNiaNag serum and/ or a vitamin C product - again there is evidence for these actives in collagen induction and healing acne.
http://www.skincaretalk.com/a/kinnianag-kinetin-b3-nag-antiaging-anti-acne-serum
You can use these alongside Retin-A if that is your preference.

Another option is an LED light device - I chose the LightStim because it is one of those with FDA approval (even tho I am in the UK!). There is a lengthy thread over on the DIY board and links to published research on LED on the LightStim site
http://www.lightstim.com/led-therapy-references.html

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
nahm

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - Aloe Vera - what a little gem. I've just started using this week - I have a tube of 'passion for natural' organic aloe vera, picked up cheaply in Boots. It certainly does seem to be doing a good job at soothing, but I am not sure it will eradicate these scars. There are some brown older scars, but at the moment the most visible even through foundation and powder are the red and purple ones. Aloe vera can also be a little drying, so I am only applying on the most troubled areas.

I looked into the DragoN's KinNiaNag serum which sounds like a science lesson, but good [I think] However, I am not sure where to get all the necessary ingredients?

I am also just making my mind up for a Vit C serum and possibly a rosehip seed oil cleaners and a salcylic cleanser to alternate. Hopefully this will all help to reduce scars and bring health back to my skin. I really, really hope so.
Sarah4142

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Retin-A) - 24med.org Good price and quality.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
nahm wrote:
Yes - Aloe Vera - what a little gem. I've just started using this week - I have a tube of 'passion for natural' organic aloe vera, picked up cheaply in Boots. It certainly does seem to be doing a good job at soothing, but I am not sure it will eradicate these scars. There are some brown older scars, but at the moment the most visible even through foundation and powder are the red and purple ones. Aloe vera can also be a little drying, so I am only applying on the most troubled areas.

I looked into the DragoN's KinNiaNag serum which sounds like a science lesson, but good [I think] However, I am not sure where to get all the necessary ingredients?

I am also just making my mind up for a Vit C serum and possibly a rosehip seed oil cleaners and a salcylic cleanser to alternate. Hopefully this will all help to reduce scars and bring health back to my skin. I really, really hope so.

Be cautious with plant oils, many can be comedogenic (block pores) - particularly those containing unsaturated or short chain fatty acids.

I hadn't seen the 'Passion for Natural' range before, thank you. Smile Aloe vera is a humectant so it can indeed feel drying on its own so combine or layer with emollients/ occlusives. You should then find it helps keep your skin hydrated! There is an AV lotion in the same range or you can use your regular moisturiser. AV is more powerful than you might think; I am a great believer in finding a balance between constructive treatments and destructive ones.

There are lists of ingredient suppliers in the sticky over on the DIY board here and also in a sticky on the DIY board at SCT. 'Skin Essential Actives' also sell a KNN kit and are considered to be a reputable company. Ask your doctor whether your brown marks are actually scar tissue or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or both. Also ask if, in their opinion, your red and purple scars are still in the remodelling stage. The more medical information you can give us the better advice you will get.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |