Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Plastic Surgery? Please answer if possible
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MizMeg
5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hope this is the right place to write this because I'm not sure where else to go. Has anyone here every had plastic surgery? If so how did it go for you? Are you happy with the results? How did you tell your friends and family that you were getting stuff done? Does it look natural? I really dislike my nose and chin and I feel this effects how I smile (I really don't like my smile) and have thought about rhinoplasty, but I am really nervous that if I get that done I will just look totally different and won't be me. I know that probably sounds confusing because the point of plastic surgery is to look different. I'm not really sure how to explain it. Anyways I wouldn't be getting anything done real soon because I am young (only 19) and I don't have the money for the procedure. Please answer if you can, I would really appreciate your input.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've had quite few cosmetic procedures done years ago. I've had 2 breast reductions (the first one did not take them down nearly enough), a blepharoplasty and orthognathic jaw surgery to move my lower jaw back (recommended by my dentist because he said I would eventually grind my teeth down if I didn't). I've also had my lower lip reduced as it was twice as big as my upper lip. All these were done between the ages of 19 to 33 (I'm 49 now). My health insurance covered the breast reductions because I had back issues, but the rest was on me. Let's just say I worked to have plastic surgery when I was younger.

But I have to say that I do not regret having any of it done for one minute (okay, I do wish the doctor would have taken my breasts down small enough where I wouldn't have had to do it again). I cried the first time I put on a fitted shirt and I didn't look like Dolly Parton. After my jaw surgery, no one kept asking me why I was angry (having your jaw permanantly jutting out always makes you looked ticked off I guess).

For the most part, everything is where it was. My breasts are still up there but not as firm, and my jaw is still where it should be. My eyelids are more open than my sister's and brother's are, but 16 years after having them done and being almost 50 years old, they are starting to decend downwards a bit and are getting crepy. I'm doing facial exercises for those now. No more working for plastic surgery for me. Now I have to work to pay the mortgage and my kids tuitions. lol

But I did love the results when I had them done. I say if you can afford it and are not happy with something you cannot change with facial exercise or other methods, do what makes you happy. Just make sure you do your research and pick a qualified doctor.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:54 am      Reply with quote
The objective of any great plastic surgeon is "you, only better". I think Sandooch offered very sound advice (and experience) in her reply and I will second the finding a qualified and experienced PS.
I am a full supporter of PS and those using it to make certain areas more pleasing visually to themselves. If money were not an object for myself, I would definitely get a tummy tuck (first and foremost), perhaps a breast lift/small implants and eventually when I'm older a midface lift.
The problem with some people is that they want to completely alter their appearance (Think Heidi Montag) due to a severe case of low self esteem. The doctor that did her PS should've been shot at the time...she should have had a full mental eval and counseling prior and should have been advised against such drastic measures.

In your case, you are taking a few things that are causing you displeasure and making how you visualize them a reality...it will be you, only better because that is how you envision yourself to look. Of course you are going to look different, but a good PS would make sure you still stay true to yourself and sticking to the "You but better" philosophy.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |