Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Acne Prone Skin and Scars - Regime Help!??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nahm

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I am looking for some recommendations to make a new regime for my acne prone and now very scared skin. I've been reading EDS all weekend and although incredible advice, I am now confused!

I am looking for the following products:

DAY

- Cleanser - to reduce scars, even skin tone, close pores and clean - but hydrate at same time.

- Serum - to moisturise/prevent and reduce fine lines, reduce acne scars - hydrate on deeper level.

- moisturiser - One that completely hydrates, but doesn't make me breakout or become an oil slick once I add other make-up products.

NIGHT

- Serum - scars
- Moisturiser - hydrate and preventive
- Eye cream - wrinkles.

I've been reading lots of great stuff about Rosehip Seed Oil, Jurlique, Liz Earle, Yonka, Vivier, Burts Bees, Eve Lom, Dr Hanushka, Skinceuticals, Celluar Skin RX, Renova

But now I am totally confused as what would make a good regime.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Nahm

PS - any tips for foundations that help acne prone skins but cover up scars - would also be great, along with powder advice.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! It sounds like we have similar skin issues... I finally have relative balance in my acne prone skin, but have scars too.

When I was younger and had good health insurance I used to go to a derm, but now I'm in my 30's without that option. Most of where I am now is based on what worked for me when I went to a derm, but sourced through places like EDS or abroad.

My skin regimen is rather harsh and if you want to go this route, I would suggest starting gradually.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
DAY:

Cleanser
I have found cleanser not to be as crucial as treatment serums and moisturizers.
My former term had me literally just use Safeguard soap. I still use it sometimes, definitely on my body. The main reason is the ingredient Tricosan (might be spelled wrong) which is antibacterial. Sometimes I use True Cosmetics Purifying Cleanser, which also has Tricosan. That is my favorite. But looking on their website it is now called Glycolic cleanser and doesn't list Tricosan so I don't know.... I also occasionally use Dermalogica's Anti Bac cleanser, which is nice, but for some reason I don't love it.

Serum
I use True Cosmetics Purifying Blemish Treatment. It has 2% Salycilic Acid and a lot of other healing ingredients. Its very strong and burns for a bit right after applying. SA also is supposed to help with scarring. This was the same % SA when I went to a derm, so its what I look for now. It can be very harsh, so its good to have a nice product with it. For example I tried a Neutrogena product with 2% SA and it made my face peel horifically. I also use True's Puryfying hydrator serum. It also has SA but is not as strong and more moisturizing. Before I found the Being True line I used DDF's 10% glycol gel. It also has 2% SA. It was good, but I like True's better. I have read about a newish serum by skinceuticals that has SA and other newer acids that sounds really good too.

Moisurizer
I live in a humid area so I rarely use moisturizer.
I pretty much only do if my regimen gets too stron and I peel, or if I travel to a cold/dry place.
I like being true's comforting cream for peels.
For travel I have a sample of one by Ren I like. I have sampled an oil free one by DDF that was nice. I have no clear favorite, I just sample around.... But really just look for something OK with acne prone skin that will balance out your climate and skin conditions. And if you don't need one, don't use one if you still have acne issues.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
NIGHT

If you're trying to get rid of scars, retina a all the way. You can order from All Day Chemist cheaply and try a few of every strength, cream and gel to see what works for you. Start at the lowest strength to get used to it. The creams are pretty moisturizing. The shellacs .1% is crazy strong, it even makes me peel and I've been using retin a for years. I mostly use the micro gel, but it goes on streaky and cakey, its rather unattractive.

Moisturizer
I don't have a good suggestion

Eye Cream
I'm still on the hunt for my HG, bouncing between samples. One store clerk had good advice for me with eye samples: take a pin and prick a teeny hole in a sample. That way you can squeeze out what you want and the hole closes up making your sample last longer.
While you are figuring out the rest of your regimen, always ask for eye samples from each line and you'll find one that fits your needs eventually.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Once I realized how much the true products were working (I ended up with some samples of their cosmetics which led me to their skincare) I found a website with a really great chart of their products. Its a company called Truly Natural, on the top bar is a line that says "custom skin wizard" and there is a great chart for all diffent kinds of acne prone skin so you can tailor your regimen to your specific needs. Of course you don't need to buy it all from one brand, but this was helpful for me. I get my true stuff from them or EDS, depending on price, sale, bonus gifts, etc.....

I also use their foundation, which I find awesome. It really blends with my skin, doesn't break me out, and has idebenone which is supposed to improve skin. They suggest you spray a product they make called transforming mineral mist over it to make it blend better. Its a great trick that really works, but I just use alcohol free toner in a teeny spray bottle I put in my purse and it does the same thing. I think a touch of light toner over any mineral makeup would make it set better and look more natural!
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lastly (holy cow I'm writing so much!)

I bought a NuFace micro current device during a black friday sale to help with all my enlarged pores, scarred skin, and lines that I see forming connecting scars... It says it also helps with acne skin and I have found it to be true. I have been using the device about 30 min a day maybe 5 days a week for over a month and it has made enough of an improvement where my boyfriend has commented. Its subtle, my skin is more even, less acne, more refreshed.

I have also been reading about LED's and High Frequency Devices. They both sound good too. But I'm pretty happy with my NuFace at this point...

You are looking at a lot of good lines, but if you are trying to get rid of scars you are probably going to need lines that use cosmeceuticals, although they are great brands I don't think lines like Jurlique, Dr. Hauschka's or Bert's Bees will cut it beyond moisturizer, cleanser, and eye cream. I like True because its a mix of chem and natural.

I hope this isn't too much! Update this thread with what you try!
nahm

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
WOW WOW WOW Butterfly Rainbow! That was so kind of you. I was making notes as I read and I think you've helped me make some decisions.

A really nice member called Firefox also suggested some similar ingredients as you, such as Salcylic, so I am on the hunt for a peel, with not too many additives, not sure where to find though?

I like Burt Bees and Dr Hanushka, but perhaps at this low period with my skin [makes me want to cry sometimes] I should go down the pharmaceutical route as you suggest. Man, I so thought acne was out of my life. I took Roaccutane when I was 28 and it killed all the spots - infact my skin was flawless for about three years. But the past two years, and inparticular this past year it's been out of control. I think it must be stress related and bad living, but nevertheless it needs sorting.

I live in the UK. So we have weird weather, especially in the winter months, say November through to April, your skin just gets attacked by the central heating, lack in good vitamin D sun rays, then throw red hard boil like acne into the mix, and your skin looks, well not so nice.

Anyway, I am going to get internet shopping straight away. And I sure will update on my final decisions in the coming weeks. Then I suppose it will be another trial period of 4 to 8 weeks. It so tiresome.

At the moment I am using SK:N which is british skin and laser treatment clinic in the UK. I've been using their glycolic cleanser with Primrose oil and A, E, D vits - this has cleared the spots, but it aint really shifting the scars. I also have their gycolic exfoliator, which I think is a little harsh, but I think I was using it too much to begin with, now I use just once a week. I just worry that all these peel like formulas, will eventually age my skin, which at 34 I really don't need to expedite. I suppose that's why i came on this forum to understand how to get the balance right and to cut through the unbelievable amount of products on the market and find the best recommendations.

Anyway, I'm writing waaay too much. I am signing off for now, but will be in touch again. And once again thank-you for your time and great info!

Nahm
Nairuby

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Well I don't have acne, but I'm using a bb cream and it's supposed to be a good all-in-one product for acne prone skin. Probably depends on the brand, too.
I'm really not expert on acne products though, just thought I'd share Wink
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |