Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Is SPF needed if you don't go outside?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I have always worn a moisturizer with SPF since I was 19. I realize you need it even when walking to the car, driving, etc. But for the last couple of years, I have worked from home. Now I only apply the moisturizer with SPF if I get dressed and go somewhere while it's still daylight.

But I have heard or read recently that you may still need SPF from the lights of the computer and the inside lights? Is this true? Yes, I do sit in front of a computer all day for work, but it has never dawned on me that I may need SPF if I don't go outside. If I had a habit of getting "dressed" in the morning I would probably go ahead and apply it, but I don't normally get showered and dressed until later in the day since I usually run on lunch and get sweaty.

I'm really good about sun protection. I wear a sun hat and a lot of sunscreen when I work outside and and go to the beach or park. Now I'm just wondering about this inside thing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I wear a moisturiser with spf daily , 30+ when I'm out of or in the house. I have alot of sunlight streaming in the house and I enjoy the light. I also have kids so I'm always in and out, the kitchen window is right near my sink etc...so I dont take any chances.I dont like to close the blinds as it gets a bit depressing.

This may help answer some questions:

http://www.smartskincare.com/skinprotection/uv-indoors.html
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:34 am      Reply with quote
I never would have thought that I needed sunscreen indoors! I usually avoid wearing spf when I don't go outside because I don't want to waste it. I guess I will have to start wearing sunscreen everyday!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you should wear sunscreen indoors! UV light comes in through windows.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Damn!! I don't wear sunscreen inside. I don't like the feel of sunscreen, find it too greasy and thick so only wear if I am going outside. I am a bit of a vampire and always keep my blinds closed as its hot here and I try to keep the sun out as much as possible to keep the house cool.

The minute I go outside I apply sunscreen religiously, I will have to hope thats ok!!!

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly don't feel the need to but it may be helpful as the rays do come through windows and such.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |