Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

buying obagi nu derm online
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
r

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:31 am      Reply with quote
hi has anyone bought the obagi nu derm system from beautifulskincaresite I've seen that they're based in LA and was wondering if their products are fake. They offer services of sending it to london and i dont want to pay even though they are cheaper than buying it from your doctor just in case it is fake.
skinsmything
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I checked out the site and I can tell you that the prescription part of this line is NOT supposed to be sold online...that right there is a red flag about this website. You are supposed to only get the Clear, Blender and Sunfader from a Dr. office or Medspa where there is a medical director.

I know you're going to pay more getting this through a Dr., but you also find out if you're a good candidate to use it, get the advice on how to use it and be monitored throughout the course of treatment. It's worth it.
r

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
thanks for getting back to me but ive been on the obagi nu derm system for 3 months and know the process. i was hoping to buy the full system from this site as its cheaper and was wanting to know if the products were fake as the company is managing to sell their products online. I havent seen any reviews from people.
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi r

I, too, have gone the Obagi route without a doctor or derm. It's obviously a personal choice and I'm not recommending it to anyone but I did do loads of research about it first and got some very useful info from these forums.

EDS sell Clear and Blender. I believe that in Canada 4% hydroquinone is not a prescription drug. I've ordered these from EDS many times and they are the genuine products with long expiry dates - especially good value with the 15% offer now on.

The only caveat is possible customs duty - I live in the UK too and sometimes my packages get through without incurring tax and sometimes they don't.

However, EDS don't sell Retin A, an essential component of the Nu Derm system but there's a lot of info on this forum about reliable online suppliers.
r

Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
hi all i started using the obagi nu derm system normal/oily skin as my doctor said it would get rid of dark circles under my eyes and i had slight acne on my right cheek.I went through hell for the first 8 weeks. My whole mouth area was burnt and my face was tight. As I was told the system would last me 12 weeks and i spent 500 pounds. I soon found out that this wasn't true and had to keep topping up with certain products. By the 1oth week I didn't have enough money to restock and my face was starting to look quite good so i decided to slow down and use the products I had left which was 1, 2, 4 ,6 in the morning and 1, 2,6 in the evening. Once i had enough money to continue the full system my face went through the whole process of becoming red again and peeling completely. I looked like the BEAST. I have now taken two days off and it has come slightly back to normal but my skin doesn't look right. Has anyone gone through something similar? Please help. I,m so scared.P.S. my dark circles haven't gone and I'm now left with a darker mouth area.
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again r

You mention that you consulted a doctor, who advised you to use Obagi for dark circles. It may take some time for you to see improvement in that area and then only if they are due to hyperpigmentation but there could be other causes for them, in which case the Obagi bleaching products might not help. You also say you're concerned about a darker area around the mouth. If I were you, I'd go back to your doctor - after all, it was the doctor who recommended Obagi and you did spend a lot of money on buying the products.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
It's well worth running a search, there are a good number of threads relating to people whose skin has responded badly to Obagi. AFAIK Obagi is not for dark circles because the darkness is not in the skin itself. Essentialdayspa sell some of the Obagi products, no idea if they are the ones you want but they are a reputable company and do post out to the UK. You have to be logged into the store (different from being logged into the forum) to see all the products.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |