Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How long do you wait to see if a new product is working?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
donna17
5% products discount

Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the Perricon MD Vitamin C and I have been using it for about a week, but I havent really noticed any real results.

How long do you normally wait to "notice" a change?!
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Depends on the product and what it is intended to achieve. A better moisturiser should work within a week, providing I am not sabotaging myself with other skincare or bad diet! Other topicals up to a month as most of the epidermis will have been replaced by then. Oral supplements one to three months. Is that a topical or a supplement? Which form of vitamin C?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot see a Vitamin C supplement showing any results within a week of use. Topical C may show something.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Depends on the product and what it is intended to achieve. A better moisturiser should work within a week, providing I am not sabotaging myself with other skincare or bad diet! Other topicals up to a month as most of the epidermis will have been replaced by then. Oral supplements one to three months. Is that a topical or a supplement? Which form of vitamin C?

Matrix rejuvenation ~ 10-12 weeks. But then I don't think Perricone knows about wrinkles.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Matrix rejuvenation ~ 10-12 weeks. But then I don't think Perricone knows about wrinkles.

We don't know whether the OP knows about wrinkles, she hasn't given any information and may be a spring chicken! Laughing She asked how long to see/ notice a change but not what she changes she requires ... Since vitamin C has a number of actions, wouldn't you hope to see something within a month even if that is only 'brightening'? Or am I too ambitious for C?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Since vitamin C has a number of actions, wouldn't you hope to see something within a month even if that is only 'brightening'? Or am I too ambitious for C?

Not everyone responds to C with a "visible" change of any kind.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Agree - it can vary. I've used several C products and the one that worked the best was from Cellbone. But that was me - others will like other brands and formulations better. Cellbone came through with visible results rather quickly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
It varies on different product brand/type, and your skin type (on how well it adjust to it).
For example, years ago, i tried on SKII moisturizer, the pitera essence and cleanser, and saw the difference within 2 days.
My aunt used the same set and broke out.

When i first used Trilogy Rosehip Oil, and saw a difference within 3 days, my skin became softer, lines less, and more glowing. My mom had the same effect within 2 days.

Priori Perfection Gel took about 2 weeks before what it was doing became a bit more apparent.

So it really depends, what you are using.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:10 am      Reply with quote
time frame is normally 3-6 months to see results... BTW, I find Perricone Vitamin C is very expensive! EDS sells a lot of Vitamin C products and they are "reasonable" and you get better results..... Check this website....

donna17 wrote:
I just bought the Perricon MD Vitamin C and I have been using it for about a week, but I havent really noticed any real results.

How long do you normally wait to "notice" a change?!
shunammite

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 am      Reply with quote
had the same question as this.. thanks for the helpful insight. Smile
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I think I am very guilty of not giving products enough time!!!

I guess we are always looking for a 'quick fix'. CP's are one of the longest things I have stuck with, I have been using it about 10 months now. Also Vit C , and started Retin A about 4-5 months ago with mixed results, I do get dry from it, but am trying to persist because it seems to be one of the most proven.

I try lots of serums and creams, there are some I dislike straight away and stop using. There are lots I like but sometimes get impatient and move on. Really need to give things more of a chance!

I guess 3 months is reasonable?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'd give it 3 to 4 months before moving on. I want to make sure that I truly give the product a fair chance.

In the past, I purchased skin care products arbitrarily or based on what was popular/the advertiser's claims. Now, however, I'm a lot pickier about what I put on my face. I research and scrutinize the ingredients, find out about the pH, and see what others/skin experts have said about it.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I tend to give most things about 2-3 months before deciding whether I like it. Most things that do tend to provide substantial benefit to my skin, however, tend to show an impact in 5 weeks or less, which is a little longer than the skin cell turnover time.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I usually use cleansers, toners, moisturizers, etc. for about a week to two weeks if all I am looking for is a simple product. But if I am using, say, SkinCeuticals Phyto+ (for hyperpigmentation) I tend to wait a month.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a bit impatient, so for me, if there is nothing to show after a couple of weeks, I start to lose interest. If there is something even a slight chance the product is working, then it keeps me going.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I never see any visible results from C products but I am still using them as I believe in theory C is good for the skin in the long run.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |