Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you believe in eye creams?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think that they really work, or do you think that a regular moisturizer usually suffices around the eye area?

If you use an eye cream, do you use it in addition to a moisturizer? Do you apply the eye cream before or after your moisturizer?
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I guess that depends on your overall goal. I had not had any luck with eye creams when it comes to wrinkles. I am currently using retin-a for that. As far as moisturizing,I prefer something specific for the eye area. Some products make my eyes water and are irritating if not specfied for the eye area. I like using tumanu oil around my eyes or hyaluronic acid.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Honestly I think eye creams are overrated and redundant. Although I have purchased a few in the past, I no longer do because I believe my regular actives I use for the whole face will suffice. I have never had that WOW factor with eye creams and think they are a big waste of money.

Nowadays, the only way I use an eye cream is when my sister sends me her castoffs Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Minna

Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I use only the cheapest supermarket brands, and it seems to somewhat help. The cream feels nicer than regular moisturizer.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Skin is skin and wrinkles are wrinkles and moisturisers are moisturisers. All products you apply to your facial skin should be gentle yet effective, not just the ones you use on the eye area. Mostly eye creams and gels are an excuse to charge a small fortune for a tiny tubs or jar. Scale up the price to per pound/ kilo and compare to the ingredients list, how much cheap emollient/ humectant/ water is in there?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
jamescharls123

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I think natural remedies like cucumber slices, paste of pineapple and rose water are much better than any other cosmetic product or moisturizer.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I do believe in eye cream....
I apply good eye cream first before anything else....

VeronicaM wrote:
Do you think that they really work, or do you think that a regular moisturizer usually suffices around the eye area?

If you use an eye cream, do you use it in addition to a moisturizer? Do you apply the eye cream before or after your moisturizer?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:56 am      Reply with quote
For the most part I don't think a special cream is necessary. Eye creams do don't anything special to prevent wrinkles. Moisturizers in general can make wrinkles less apparent.

I usually use what I'm using on my face around my eyes too. The exceptions would be for some treatments, like you wouldn't want to use strong acids around your eye's.
VioletDesire

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I do use eye creams, but one 'skincare expert' on TV said it's the one thing you could stop using without having a negative effect on your skin. Apparently as long as you aren't using an AHA or harsh moisturiser then your normal moisturiser would suffice. I'll still use them. I prefer them.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I do not use eye creams any more-- I once spent over a hundred dollars on one, and ended up with milia from it! Really, I agree with previous posters who say skin is skin. I now believe in choosing quality, pure products for the whole face.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I like most believe eye creams are over rated. They add nice moisture but that's all. You gave to pull out the big guns is Rx retinoids, peels, fillers, surgery to notice any real change.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well, i've tried a couple of eye creams that didnt work. Estee Lauder's, Attitude,etc.
The beauticians at my saloon kept raving about the Priori eye serum, and said they tried it themselves , mentioning it lessened their dark circles, etc (around the eyes)...
So they gave me a sample to try, - last me about 5-6 days. I had serious dark circles from insufficient sleep due to my hectic schedule...but surprisingly, after using this eye serum, i suddenly dont seem to notice the dark circles anymore..I'll notice them gone, because i normally have to dab concealers there to hide the darkness..For the first time, i suddenly go whoah over a eye serum Smile
HamCheeseSandwich
5% products discount

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:35 am      Reply with quote
yes i do,
i believe in peptides, but also vitamin c and niacamide etc.
I don't believe in cheap supermarket creams if you know what i mean, but i do believe in brands like perricone etc.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on the fence. I can agree that if you use good stuff all over your face, it has to benefit the eye area as well.
I'm on my second jar of elsastiderm...and I just don't know if it is making a huge difference?...I think it might be just as good as my $12 loreal I've been using for years.

The thing that has worked the best for me..is getting botox to keep the eye from wrinkling during facial expressions. That -- and sunscreen.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |