Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Smartskin CO2 laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I do not have pigmentation issues or discoloration.

I do have issues with pore size and fine wrinkling. (and sagging)

Do you think it's worth it to try a laser treatment if there are no color or pigment issues? In other words, just for pore reduction and fine wrinkling?

It's expensive, so I am weighing the cost vs. benefits.

bfg
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Depends what you have already tried without success - dermaroller, LED, TCA peels? Aren't visible pores more about clogging and/ or dehydration?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I do not know how the title of my thread got changed - but it deals with the Smartskin C02 fractional laser.

I have had success with other methods, I am just wondering if this might be a good way to step up the level of effort, given that over the past several months I have not been able to do so due to other life issues.

Thanks, BFG
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
It is totally worth it
Smile
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I do not know how the title of my thread got changed - but it deals with the Smartskin C02 fractional laser.

I have had success with other methods, I am just wondering if this might be a good way to step up the level of effort, given that over the past several months I have not been able to do so due to other life issues.

Thanks, BFG

If you can afford it then I say go for it. When you feel it's OK to step out in public wear PINK.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:32 am      Reply with quote
wylone wrote:
It is totally worth it
Smile

Can you tell us why it is worth it? What were your results?
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Please, please, please google IPL and Laser Damage/Disasters before ever embarking on any forms of laser -- there are just as many disaster/horror stories as there are success stories and once your face is destroyed by a laser it is almost impossible to restore it to the condition it was in prior Wink
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I had fractional C02 for acne scars. Acne scarring is more difficult to treat then fine lines so I would definitely need more then the 1 treatment but wanted to comment on the downtime. It was significantly more then I anticipated. The peeling was over within a week and I didn't have any issues with that part but I was RED for 6 weeks before it started to fade. There was no way to cover it up with makeup, makeup didn't even look nice on. After the 6 weeks it did fade quickly though.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes, my skin did stay red too for about 6 weeks to 2 months after both my Fraxel and CO2. If you are prepared that's one thing, I was not. Crying or Very sad

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |