Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
OCM newbie
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
laazrockit
5% products discount

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I've tried the OCM method for a couple of times now and I don't see any noteable difference in my skin. I currently have open pores on my cheeks and have tried the method to help minimise them. I'm using 70% grapeseed oil mixed with 30% castor oil.

How long on average does it take before you start noticing some results?

Also, what is it best to do on the days where you don't use it? Is it ok to cleanse or use toner or does that ruin the OCM process?
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
If you have time, you may want to skim one of the lengthier ocm threads to get an idea of other people's experiences, since everyone is different.

A lot of people don't get any plugs out the first few times, which is what the point of it is, since the idea is that the pores will constrict once the congestion is loosened and flushed out. Note that this is sometimes accompanied by a breakout, but if you can tolerate that 'til it works its way out, you'll probably be home free.

AFAIK, using cleanser & toner is fine, just try and make sure they're gentle and don't irritate.
p.s. are you aware that both grapeseed & castor (castor much moreso) are quite drying?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
laazrockit
5% products discount

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
p.s. are you aware that both grapeseed & castor (castor much moreso) are quite drying?

Thanks for your input Loria. I've used grapeseed and castor as I saw it recommended by someone else.

Is there a better, less dry oil I can use with the castor oil?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Agree with LoriA it is well worth reading the first ten pages or so of the OCM thread, and the last ten pages or so if you have time. This will answer all your questions and likely some you haven't even thought of!

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
havana8

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I think this is the thread, laazrockit:

Oil Cleansing Method
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7077

You might also find this one helpful:

Oil Cleansing Method- What oils to start with?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=42004

I hope you let us know what eventually works for you! Smile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I also steam my face and warm my oil before I put it on my skin. This helps a lot in opening the pores and getting the gunk out.

To warm the oil, I boil water in my electric tea kettle, and then put the oil (which is in a separate very small glass container) in the boiled water, which I refresh (since the boiled water starts to cool) every 4-5 minutes for about 20-30 minutes. This heats up the oil very nicely. Just wanted to share in case the problem is that your pores are not opening up enough Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |